Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    i think PALM allowed these to be released because of the 800p picture that got to the web this week.
    I smell another poll........... Verizon or Sprint first........
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    So, Sprint AND VZW??? That better be the case. VZW gets another exclusive and I'll have to climb a clock tower with a high powered assault rifle. What a load of crap. NO offense to the VZW employees on here, but I wouldn't switch to that company for all the tea in china!
    AMEN DOOM!!! VZW is probably the worst carrier I've used....

C'Mon Sprint!!!!! Let's do dis!

j...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It seems that 6 month exclusive with VZW was for ALL Treos, and not just the 700W.
    Just to clarify, the 6 month figure, to the best of my efforts at research is an "educated guess" or an assumption by posters at various forum communities. Neither palm, Verizon nor MS has ever stipulated "6 months".

Colligan stated that Verizon would have an exclusive till "mid year". Now if we take that very literal and say mid year is noon on July 1st, then his statement would be just short of 6 months. IIRC the 700w was released what first week / 2nd of January, so 6 months would be what July 8th or so ?

But to me anyway, "mid year" is a very vague statement and anything between say May 15th and August 15th (45 days either side of "mid year") would, to my mind, satisfy the "mid year" criteria. I tend to be a bit looser in my expectations of accuracy from politicians and marketing people so I'd find it hard to point a finger at one such who took mid year to be 90 days on either side of the actual mid year.

I guess what I am saying is, this "exclusive" is, my guess, likely to run for 4.5 - 7.5 months and, considering that you have to stretch normal definitions when listening to politicians or marketing people, may even run from 3 - 9 months....tho we can safely say now that anything under 3.5 months is outta da question.

I'd also bet that this exclusive is somehow "flexible" and tied to sales. It wouldn't be very smart of Colligan to agree to a long exclusive if the sales of the Verizon Treo fell flat. Say for example, if Verizon was to heavily promote one of the many suppossed "Treo Killers" resulting in small Treo sales, w/o Colligan getting some wording in there with an "out" for Palm if Verizon doesn't meet sales expectations, then I think palm's BOD would have Colligan tuning his resume.

If true, this may be Verizon's attempt to have buyers hold off purchases of other phones or a Sprint 700p. I still think we will see a April 15 - May 15th announcement with a formal release within 45 days of the announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    I didn't post the same thing 25 times. Actually, I made quite different posts. It's called a parody. I am making fun of all the fuss that has been going on over all of the 700p stuff. Some people have been getting all up in arms and calling fakes. The truth is, who cares? A 1000 pictures isn't gonna make the device arrive any sooner. Nor is it going to change the specs. If there is some information, I think people should be able to post without being torn apart. As was previously stated, TC users were duped, but that's life. So, instead of creating a whole new thread, I made a satire, if you will, in this one. I have now covered (I believe) every single base. Let's see, have one in my hands, talked to a rep, saw accessories, pic of a brochure/memo, angry post to skeptics. Yep, all there.

If anyone is offended, or annoyed, please feel free to speak your mind like rjmoose. It's all cool.
    I appreciate that you explained your humor to us n00b.

Parody...P-A-R-O-D-E....Parodee. I can spell better than Akeela.

Seriously though, those posts cracked me up.

So what's our take Sprint Kids? We gonna have to wait until January 2007? I hope that's not the case.

j...
    Quote Originally Posted by jkiper
    snip
    C'Mon Sprint!!!!! Let's do dis!

j...
    They have been.

They are.

They will.
    (Week of May 15th announce.)
    (Week of June 5th availability.)
    (The PPR will empty.)

These Verizon pics only support that.
    (And even if these pics are a hoax -- it doesn't change a thing on Sprint's release.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/21/2006 at 08:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Those are faked screens on a 700W. He showed us nothing here that is verifiable except he can't take a quality picture. That is my first thought. Second thought is Munk Boy may be right and VZW may have a 6 month exclusive on all new Treos now which means Sprint would be Jan 07 getting theirs. Ouch...I can hear Perry hitting his head against the PPR walls...
    I should clarify my comment gharrod. When I said VZW might have had an exclusive, I meant that there would be NO new Treo released (P or W) by any carrier until the VZW contract ran its course. Now that this exclusivity is set to expire, it's possible both Sprint and VZW put out the 700p.

Just a thought...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    The Razr is the first example of product release on different carriers that comes to my mind. Cingular and T-mobile (both GSM carriers) here in Houston got them first. Then here comes Verizon with a CDMA Razr. Sprint does not carry the Razr..but will they?

Perhaps this will be the case with our 700P?

j...
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    This is a fake and fraud as it gets. Close the thread he is a hoaxer. Oh, yes and he miraculously has the pics with his first post ever on TC.

Jeez! Did you ever stop to think that "Brosen" just re-registered under an Alias so he would not be easy to find by the Palm Police? You are a HUGE skeptic bordering on somene suffering from "clinical denial". You must be fun at parties
    Last edited by BigTex; 04/21/2006 at 08:31 AM.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Sprint I think has only 1 Motorola phone. Their answer to the RAZR is the samsung blade.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Just a note from someone who knows:
    the 6month exclusive for VZW was for the 700w only. As far as I have been told Sprint held the PalmOS Treos exclusive. This might have changed on Palm's end and therefore we are seeing multiple scenairos about which is next.

If true, this may be Verizon's attempt to have buyers hold off purchases of other phones or a Sprint 700p. I still think we will see a April 15 - May 15th announcement with a formal release within 45 days of the announcement.
    If Palm follows their pattern of Spring announcements, late April announce with Business getting in early May at earliest and everyone else getting in late May-June.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I posted this to my site because it's huge news. I don't know why CNET said Iwas the originator of the hollywood pictures. I linked to treonauts' pics and said they came from here. If you read my post I say where the Verizon pictures came from and how great treocentral forums is for getting Treo news.
    I spoke to soon...sorry Jimmie
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM
    Just a note from someone who knows: ... As far as I have been told Sprint held the PalmOS Treos exclusive.
    Was this really ever the case? GSM 650 came out in Feb of 05, which was close to 3 months from the Sprint release. They never talked about exclusivity then; notice how with Verizon's 700W, they wouldn't shut up about the damn exclusivity.

I'm actually rather sour about all this. I'm still using my original 650 from Dec. 04, working great. But we went through hell those first months beta testing this thing for palm... and in comes Verizon a year later, throws money at Palm and tells them how to release their Treos, even though VZW seemed largely uninterested in the treo market (releasing them 7-8 months after their original announcements) until they became 'cool'.

Anyway, it's really nice to see the 700P, regardless. Been waiting much too long, can't wait to get it.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Dutchtrumpet, no worries
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Was this really ever the case? GSM 650 came out in Feb of 05, which was close to 3 months from the Sprint release. They never talked about exclusivity then;
    It was the case.

Sprint did have an exclusive which was publicly known...

see here...

Q: When can I get one?

A: Sprint, as previously announced, will carry the Treo 650 in all of it's channels in mid November for a base price of $599. The Treo 650 will be Sprint Exclusive until December at least, most likely heading into 2005. New users will be offered a $150 rebate. Customers who have been with Sprint for more than 18 months will also be offered this $150 credit toward a Treo 650 (This is the "upgrade" credit). An additional $30 discount will be provided for customers who purchase the phone online. palmOne did not announce any other carriers, but the GSM units at the show are all colored AT Wireless Blue (hmm... makes you think). While not announced, in early 2005 TreoCentral expects AT&T Wireless and Orange to begin offering the Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkiper
    I appreciate that you explained your humor to us n00b.

Parody...P-A-R-O-D-E....Parodee. I can spell better than Akeela.

Seriously though, those posts cracked me up.

So what's our take Sprint Kids? We gonna have to wait until January 2007? I hope that's not the case.

j...
    Well thanks. It's good to know at least somebody appreciated my humor.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    D@mn, late breaking emergency room crisis. Worked late, hit the sack as soon as I left and look what I missed.

I agree, seems like every tech geek that gets his hands on a new Treo drools all over the camera lens before they take a picture. Let's see, here Bob I have a new unreleased phone want to play around with it. Sure, I will just put it on my desk and spend three hours looking for a camera, then take pictures with this other new unreleased phone to prove to everyone I have it. Oh, don't ask what programs it has, or anything like that I just took pictures of it.

Not saying the pics are fake, but probably a plant to keep silly season going
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM
    Just a note from someone who knows:
    the 6month exclusive for VZW was for the 700w only. As far as I have been told Sprint held the PalmOS Treos exclusive. This might have changed on Palm's end and therefore we are seeing multiple scenairos about which is next.

If Palm follows their pattern of Spring announcements, late April announce with Business getting in early May at earliest and everyone else getting in late May-June.

IF its from someone who knows then why did you say "this might have changed on Palm's end"? If someone knows then there shouldnt be any uncertainty.

Not to be harsh, just curious what you mean?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Jimmie, did you submit the news to Engadget, because I wonder why they point to your website when they could link to Treocentral directly.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Jeez! Did you ever stop to think that "Brosen" just re-registered under an Alias so he would not be easy to find by the Palm Police? You are a HUGE skeptic bordering on somene suffering from "clinical denial". You must be fun at parties
    I am very fun at parties. Just ask me and I will tell you. If he re-registered under a different name then he is a fraud. I believe he is also in voilation of the terms and conditions of the forums. So stick up for him if you will but until he is truthful I will contiunue to suspect he is playing you all like a fiddle.
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast