Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    I think Bob's got a point here. Perry and gharrod are both Palm police and they are playing with you guys in a good cop / bad cop routine. It explains a lot. Perry acts like he's your friend and you want to tell him everything you know and gharrod pushes you over to talk to Perry because he berates Perry and has so much cynicism for any new device. It's cool but I think the secret is out.

I just think this whole thing is being carried too far anyway. I mean...be real people we are all supposed to be grown professional adults here and as you read this forum it sounds like five year olds arguing "yes it is....no it isn't". Let's all get over it and move on...if there is a new device to be released it will be and that's when we'll know everything about it...if not it won't be and nobody will be let down or disappointed or ticked off about some hoax that generated such a following. Until I SEE a 700p in the store...it's vapor. Why speculate about it? Just hold your 650 to your cheek and talk into it as usual...it DOES still work just fine and isn't even that old.

IS TO, Mr. Spoil Sport !!

...I just think this whole thing is being carried too far anyway. I mean...be real people we are all supposed to be grown professional adults here and as you read this forum it sounds like five year olds arguing "yes it is....no it isn't". Let's all get over it and move on......
    Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffft...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    ...as you read this forum it sounds like five year olds arguing "yes it is....no it isn't"...
    I know you are, but what am I?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Palm, oh Palm, please save us from ourselves. . . . . . . .
    Anyone looking to Palm is already beyond salvation. Silly season goes on and on and gets sillier and sillier. It is now beyond any announcement; it now has an independent life of its own. One has to admire Perry's stamina and good humor in the face of continuing disappointment.

I just think this whole thing is being carried too far anyway. I mean...be real people we are all supposed to be grown professional adults here and as you read this forum it sounds like five year olds arguing "yes it is....no it isn't".
    This from a guy with a Southpark avatar.
    "Now get your bltch a$$ in the kitchen and make me some pie!!!"
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    One has to admire Perry's stamina...
    I heard he's hung like a goat!
    Opps, the Treo design team got it wrong. They thought "more RAM" meant dual antenna horns for better reception. Back to 23mb.

Alright - the new Palm logo:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Alright - the new Palm logo:
    Ram in your Palm, it just sounds wrong.
    Let's all get over it and move on...if there is a new device to be released it will be and that's when we'll know everything about it...if not it won't be and nobody will be let down or disappointed or ticked off about some hoax that generated such a following. Until I SEE a 700p in the store...it's vapor. Why speculate about it? Just hold your 650 to your cheek and talk into it as usual...it DOES still work just fine and isn't even that old.
    Ahem...600. Which I believe has given me my ticket to dance around like I need to pee really bad and yell and complain that the 700 isn't out yet. All you 650 owners (except maybe Perry) might need to aquire your ticket by other means...

Colorado, where men are men, and sheep are scared.
    Come on...we all know that it's Wyoming, not Colorado. And I worked in Pueblo for several months while I lived in Colorado Springs (I commuted the hour each way because I really didn't want to move there) and would have to echo everyone else's comments on the crappy little town.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    I think Bob's got a point here. Perry and gharrod are both Palm police and they are playing with you guys in a good cop / bad cop routine. It explains a lot. Perry acts like he's your friend and you want to tell him everything you know and gharrod pushes you over to talk to Perry because he berates Perry and has so much cynicism for any new device. It's cool but I think the secret is out.
    Xtant21, I take issue with just a couple things. Perry is the Palm Police. I am the Pseudo Palm Marketing guy who is just drumming up so much publicity for this device by denying it exists. Sort of a point/counterpoint thing. Hey, any TV networks want to get Perry and I to banter about tech devices just write us at goatboyandgharrod@goatpens.com. Also, we will be appearing at Zanys for two shows a night all week long.

Second I do not berate Perry. I have a tremendous respect for Perry (I just hide it very well). I am not cynical as much as I am from a small town in Iowa that was close enough to Missouri I have a lot of "SHOW ME" instead of "TELL ME" in me. As has been said about me many times (and the reason I can not be Catholic) my personality is my best birth control. Seriously I admire Perry but I am leery that he has been sold a bill of goods by sourcs who themselves may have questionable motives. I do not know who all those souces are so I have to be suspicious tillI get proven wrong. I have stated 148 times in the threads I want to believe in the 700P. I wish it were the ALPS version because I would probably be second in line behind Perry if it were.

As it is now I have my trusty 6700 which does amazing things and I enjoy the use of that device till Palm lures me back with the killer Treo of all Treos.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Ram in your Palm, it just sounds wrong.
    Never thought of THAT. Just felt Perry's two antennae quote deserved a real logo for a new era.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Xtant21, I take issue with just a couple things. Perry is the Palm Police. I am the Pseudo Palm Marketing guy who is just drumming up so much publicity for this device by denying it exists. Sort of a point/counterpoint thing. Hey, any TV networks want to get Perry and I to banter about tech devices just write us at goatboyandgharrod@goatpens.com. Also, we will be appearing at Zanys for two shows a night all week long.

Second I do not berate Perry. I have a tremendous respect for Perry (I just hide it very well). I am not cynical as much as I am from a small town in Iowa that was close enough to Missouri I have a lot of "SHOW ME" instead of "TELL ME" in me. As has been said about me many times (and the reason I can not be Catholic) my personality is my best birth control. Seriously I admire Perry but I am leery that he has been sold a bill of goods by sourcs who themselves may have questionable motives. I do not know who all those souces are so I have to be suspicious tillI get proven wrong. I have stated 148 times in the threads I want to believe in the 700P. I wish it were the ALPS version because I would probably be second in line behind Perry if it were.

As it is now I have my trusty 6700 which does amazing things and I enjoy the use of that device till Palm lures me back with the killer Treo of all Treos.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    ...Sort of a point/counterpoint thing...
    I can see it now: Perry, you ignorant ****...
    [QUOTE=Perry Holden]

Will a Clean Install flyer really come as the first instruction sheet?
    QUOTE]

I am not expecting this. As usual, we'll have to depend on each other here at T/C

Regardless, my VISA card is ready.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I can see it now: Perry, you ignorant ****...
    Obsessed Zealot . . . . . .thank you.
    "And now, direct from the G4 and C-Net Newsroom, here's Weekend Update's Emily Litella with a commentary..."

"I'm upset at the prospect of the abuse to animals from people Ramming their Palms.... it really gets my goat! We should be kind to our furry friends, and not try to abuse them anymore. I hear that people are wanting more and more Rams... This sick behaviour just gets worse and worse... they say that they can never have enough Ram. This Beastiality has to Stop!"

(Director in Ms. Latella's earpiece: "Emily... RAM Stands for Random Access Memory- it has nothing to do with animals!")

"What?... Oh.... Nevermind!"
    Last edited by duanedude1; 04/26/2006 at 11:40 AM.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    "And now, direct from the G4 and C-Net Newsroom, here's Weekend Update's Emily Litella with a commentary..."

"I'm upset at the prospect of the abuse to animals from people Ramming their Palms.... it really gets my goat! We should be kind to our furry friends, and not try to abuse them anymore. I hear that people are wanting more and more Rams... This sick behaviour just gets worse and worse... they say that they can never have enough Ram. This Beastiality has to Stop!"

(Director in Ms. Latella's earpiece: "Emily... RAM Stands for Random Acess Memory- it has nothing to do with animals!")

"What?... Oh.... Nevermind!"
    LOL, there's that word again... goat.
    LOL, there's that word again... goat.

9 entries found for goat.
    Main Entry: scapegoat
    Part of Speech: noun
    Definition: sucker
    Synonyms: dupe, fall guy, goat, mark, patsy, sacrifice, substitute, sucker, target, victim, whipping boy
    Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.1.1)
    Copyright © 2006 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

Your Point?

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    9 entries found for goat.
    Main Entry: scapegoat
    Part of Speech: noun
    Definition: sucker
    Synonyms: dupe, fall guy, goat, mark, patsy, sacrifice, substitute, sucker, target, victim, whipping boy
    Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.1.1)
    Copyright © 2006 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

Your Point?

I know you are none of those things, but you do play them on TV.