Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 514
  1. #381  
    Am I the only person here never to have lived in CO??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2. #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Am I the only person here never to have lived in CO??
    Nope.
  3. #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Am I the only person here never to have lived in CO??
    Close. There are two, you and Perry.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  4. #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I lived in both (Coppell and Monument) and take both over the hell that is Maryland.
    Man, now THAT is geographic diversity! Many a time I've been stuck in a snow storm related traffic jam on Monument Hill, and a purely traffic related traffic jam in Coppell.

    For Munk and Perry:

    Colorado has gotten to be like that commencement address tape playing on the radio all the time a few years ago, where the guy tells the graduates they should all live in NYC and SF at one time in their lives, but get out before it adversely effects you. Colorado is really becoming overgrown and having trouble supporting such a large population on a thin economy. It is getting better at trying to diversify, but you can only sell the Rockies so many times, and it takes a boat load of cash to live there.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  5. #385  
    Born in Colorado, left quickly after, came back to Denver where I went to High School, left again, moved back to Colorado Springs where I went to UCCS. Left again.

    I love Colorado but the population/traffic problem is out of hand. For two many years the elected officials had a motto of "if you don't build it, they won't come" which obviously didn't work. Now there's way too many people on the front range with no infrastructure to support it. They're trying to play catch up with the light rail lines in Denver, but it's too little, too late. Maybe if they actually made a line out to the airport it'd be worth something.

    Colorado Springs is a nightmare. The traffic got so bad that you didn't want to leave your house from 4:00-7:00pm. Beautiful city, but takes forever to get anywhere.

    Ok sorry about that off-topicness....let's see, Treos...treos...Oh! Ok while stuck in traffic all over the city I used to use the Treo all the time to figure out my way around (map-quest to go) or find an alternate route that hopefully wasn't quite so congested.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  6. #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula
    Born in Colorado, left quickly after, came back to Denver where I went to High School, left again, moved back to Colorado Springs where I went to UCCS. Left again.

    I love Colorado but the population/traffic problem is out of hand. For two many years the elected officials had a motto of "if you don't build it, they won't come" which obviously didn't work. Now there's way too many people on the front range with no infrastructure to support it. They're trying to play catch up with the light rail lines in Denver, but it's too little, too late. Maybe if they actually made a line out to the airport it'd be worth something.

    Colorado Springs is a nightmare. The traffic got so bad that you didn't want to leave your house from 4:00-7:00pm. Beautiful city, but takes forever to get anywhere.

    Ok sorry about that off-topicness....let's see, Treos...treos...Oh! Ok while stuck in traffic all over the city I used to use the Treo all the time to figure out my way around (map-quest to go) or find an alternate route that hopefully wasn't quite so congested.
    Makes you appreciate NYC's subway system, even the woefully-overpacked 7 line. And MetrO for the Palm OS can give you directions on the subway too - just bring a grain of salt.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  7. #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula
    Born in Colorado, left quickly after, came back to Denver where I went to High School, left again, moved back to Colorado Springs where I went to UCCS. Left again.

    I love Colorado but the population/traffic problem is out of hand. For two many years the elected officials had a motto of "if you don't build it, they won't come" which obviously didn't work. Now there's way too many people on the front range with no infrastructure to support it. They're trying to play catch up with the light rail lines in Denver, but it's too little, too late. Maybe if they actually made a line out to the airport it'd be worth something.

    Colorado Springs is a nightmare. The traffic got so bad that you didn't want to leave your house from 4:00-7:00pm. Beautiful city, but takes forever to get anywhere.

    Ok sorry about that off-topicness....let's see, Treos...treos...Oh! Ok while stuck in traffic all over the city I used to use the Treo all the time to figure out my way around (map-quest to go) or find an alternate route that hopefully wasn't quite so congested.
    haha, i take it you have never been to LA?
  8. #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Makes you appreciate NYC's subway system, even the woefully-overpacked 7 line. And MetrO for the Palm OS can give you directions on the subway too - just bring a grain of salt.
    You ain't kidding! I lived in Philly for a year and a half before moving back to Colorado the last time...and the shift from East Coast mass transit to NO mass transit was brutal. That said...at least there were things for a single guy to do in Colorado Springs...I'm in Des Moines, Iowa now, the land of "no single people out of high school and under 30". Nice place to raise a family, but everyone in that family will move away as soon as they graduate.

    Boy...I dunno how to tie this one into a treo topic. Um...how well does Blazer handle online dating websites? I've never used one...this may be the time to start
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  9. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #389  
    Wait a minute...what the hell happened here...this went from being "I'm holding a 700p in my hands" topic to where have you lived and who has the worst traffic/best (worst) lifestyle city forum. I have a migraine...where's the excedrin. Come on people dust off your tomtom because it DOES still work with your 650 and get a bearing on where we all are supposed to be here. We've all moved on from high school...or at least you should have. Let's continue to promote Palm's potential latest offering for them free of charge, ok? Palm's and or Sprint's marketing manager might have to drop a few new blurred images in the forum here to stoke the fire a little longer. His/Her wet dream of not having to lift a finger to promote any new devices might be in jeopardy here. They know you're anxious but they want to make sure they have created a shark-like ravenous feeding frenzy first...er, I mean they want to make sure the device is perfect and completely tested for you. Yeah. That's it. Ok, everyone got their tomtom...let's sync em up and get back on topic...cool? Thanks.

    By the way, count, good cover on trying to patch that back to a Treo topic...good job; had nothing to do with a 700p(or w or hollywood or....) but good job.
    Last edited by xtant21; 04/25/2006 at 12:34 PM.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  10. #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    By the way, count, good cover on trying to patch that back to a Treo topic...good job; had nothing to do with a 700p(or w or hollywood or....) but good job.
    I was just trying to find out if the 700p holders have tested MetrO - really...

    Back on topic
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  11. karlz's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #391  
    WAHOO!!!!!
    WAHOO!!!!!
    WAHOO!!!!!

    Karl
    www.justsayok.net
  12. karlz's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #392  
    Does it have BT 1.2?
    Does it have A2DP?
    Have much available RAM?

    Karl
    www.justsayok.net
  13. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #393  
    Why yes, it will have an updated bluetooth stack and double the ram as before and it is the greatest thing ever!!! I need to ..oops need to..oops drop my 650 a few more times so I can run right out and get the 700p. <I know, sarcasm will get me no where, right?> I mean haven't you started to flog your 650 like a red-headed step child yet? Get cracking we can't have 1.5 - 2 year old devices/phones still on our person.

    Damn, why I am so angry today...better go back to bed and wake up on the other side. Sorry all.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  14. #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Wait a minute...what the hell happened here...this went from being "I'm holding a 700p in my hands" topic to where have you lived and who has the worst traffic/best (worst) lifestyle city forum. I have a migraine...where's the excedrin. Come on people dust off your tomtom because it DOES still work with your 650 and get a bearing on where we all are supposed to be here. We've all moved on from high school...or at least you should have. Let's continue to promote Palm's potential latest offering for them free of charge, ok? Palm's and or Sprint's marketing manager might have to drop a few new blurred images in the forum here to stoke the fire a little longer. His/Her wet dream of not having to lift a finger to promote any new devices might be in jeopardy here. They know your anxious but they want to make sure they have created a shark-like ravenous feeding frenzy first...er, I mean they want to make sure the device is perfect and completely tested for you. Yeah. That's it. Ok, everyone got their tomtom...let's sync em up and get back on topic...cool? Thanks.

    By the way, count, good cover on trying to patch that back to a Treo topic...good job.
    Haha! Thanks for a good way to get this back on the 700p topic. I currently still have a 600 so I don't have the TomTom option yet (ok I think there's ways to do it corded but I'm waiting to use a bluetooth device). I'm really looking forward to the bump up from 600 to 700, as it's got everything I wanted the 650 for and more! If I can just hold out a little longer and resist getting a 650 now that they're getting much cheaper...

    BTW I did live in SoCal for 2 years, but traffic's expected to be horrible there. Colorado is a different animal.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  15. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I was just trying to find out if the 700p holders have tested MetrO - really...

    Back on topic
    Judging by the photos that get released...the people who have these in their hands might not be the best software testers...I mean if their eyesight is so bad that they think those pics are in focus...not sure if you want to really trust their review of MetrO...just a thought. ahahahahahahah....I've gone mad today...mad I tell ya.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  16. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula
    Haha! Thanks for a good way to get this back on the 700p topic. I currently still have a 600 so I don't have the TomTom option yet (ok I think there's ways to do it corded but I'm waiting to use a bluetooth device). I'm really looking forward to the bump up from 600 to 700, as it's got everything I wanted the 650 for and more! If I can just hold out a little longer and resist getting a 650 now that they're getting much cheaper..

    No problem, I just felt a deep-rooted duty to do so...don't know why. Ok, count, you get a "pass" being on a 600 I can see you crossing your legs and doing the pee-pee dance waiting for the 700 to surface. That's the vision I get of Perry on release day but that's another story. You stand to benefit properly from an upgrade. Now take your pass and run for your life. hehe just kidding.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  17. #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Am I the only person here never to have lived in CO??

    Boulder baby! Boulder!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  18. #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Boulder baby! Boulder!
    edit: The People's Republic of Boulder
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  19. #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    edit: The People's Republic of Boulder
    lol
  20. #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Wait a minute...what the hell happened here...this went from being "I'm holding a 700p in my hands" topic to where have you lived and who has the worst traffic/best (worst) lifestyle city forum. I have a migraine...where's the excedrin. Come on people dust off your tomtom because it DOES still work with your 650 and get a bearing on where we all are supposed to be here. We've all moved on from high school...or at least you should have. Let's continue to promote Palm's potential latest offering for them free of charge, ok? Palm's and or Sprint's marketing manager might have to drop a few new blurred images in the forum here to stoke the fire a little longer. His/Her wet dream of not having to lift a finger to promote any new devices might be in jeopardy here. They know you're anxious but they want to make sure they have created a shark-like ravenous feeding frenzy first...er, I mean they want to make sure the device is perfect and completely tested for you. Yeah. That's it. Ok, everyone got their tomtom...let's sync em up and get back on topic...cool? Thanks.

    By the way, count, good cover on trying to patch that back to a Treo topic...good job; had nothing to do with a 700p(or w or hollywood or....) but good job.
    man, who shi* in your cheerios

    j/k

Posting Permissions