Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Goat Boy, I am getting pretty good at those Treo 700P mock ups aren't I?????

lol.......

Oh, wait, I didn;t create those Treo700P Pics. Here is my secret Treo pic but you have to be very good to me or I will call the Palm Police on you.
    http://bx.com/popups/clientpreview.cfm?client_id=33
    That's a fake!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    That's a fake!
    i agree, you can clearly see that the 2nd button from the left has a windows logo on it. windows logo on a PalmOS treo, i think not

edit: i am the smartest man alive
    That's a fake!
    Not so fast. I hear the folks at Engossip have the pic and are running with the story.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo
    i agree, you can clearly see that the 2nd button from the left has a windows logo on it. windows logo on a PalmOS treo, i think not

edit: i am the smartest man alive
    If you look close, you can see the Windows logo.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-4/1174801/treo.gif
    If you look close, you can see the Windows logo.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-4/1174801/treo.gif
    on second thought i am not sure, it appears to be horizontal and not at a slant, its just too blury to tell.
    by the way...

Jimmie and I are twin sons of different mothers...
    by the way...

Jimmie and I are twin sons of different mothers...
    Which Jimmie, Jimmie who, I'm so confused!
    That's a fake!
    I was in the suntan aisle at WalMart when I took that secret picture. Do not show it to Goat Boy. I think the Palm Police will be knocking on my door any moment too bad I am in a hotel in Colorado Springs instead of my home so they can't find me at that Hilton hotel. They will never find me on the fourth floor second room from the end of the hallway, on the right. Thank god they will not be able to find me.
    I was in the suntan aisle at WalMart when I took that secret picture. Do not show it to Goat Boy. I think the Palm Police will be knocking on my door any moment too bad I am in a hotel in Colorado Springs instead of my home so they can't find me at that Hilton hotel. They will never find me on the fourth floor second room from the end of the hallway, on the right. Thank god they will not be able to find me.
    What ever you do, do not give anyone you location. Goat boy, that one might stick.
    Nope not telling them how to find me at the Colorado Springs airport tomorrow afternoon.
    Nope not telling them how to find me at the Colorado Springs airport tomorrow afternoon.
    That's my old home town. Hope you don't freeze tonight.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    that still is my hometown

<-----see

but i am in las cruces, nm right now for college
    Being in the UK I'm feeling a little left out with all these rumours and pictures of Sprint and Verizon Treos. Aren't there any unscrupulous Orange or even Vodafone employees looking for some glory? There is a limit to the amount of times I can phone Orange in a day and ask them when the 700p will be released. Now if only I had some blurry photos with a blurry Orange logo then they couldn't possibly deny it anymore.......
    27 degrees right now. it will be much nicer when I am back here in June I am sure.
    27 degrees right now. it will be much nicer when I am back here in June I am sure.
    It was the first or second year I lived in Colorado (63-64) that we had SNOW SHOWERS in June right after school got out. When Colorado Springs is really great is when you come back home from Texas in July/August and leave 105 heat to return to the folks who are "suffering" in the 85 degree Colorado summer swelter.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos
    Being in the UK I'm feeling a little left out with all these rumours and pictures of Sprint and Verizon Treos. Aren't there any unscrupulous Orange or even Vodafone employees looking for some glory? There is a limit to the amount of times I can phone Orange in a day and ask them when the 700p will be released. Now if only I had some blurry photos with a blurry Orange logo then they couldn't possibly deny it anymore.......
    Im from UK too. Im not concinced we will see the 700p launched by a UK operator at all. The UK operators currently dont seem interested in the 700w. And I do remember when Orange had to ship their stock of 650s back to the US to have their branding modified as it conflicted with the firmware (the keyguard I seem to remember). I personnally think UK Orange destroyed the usability of the 650 by enforcing the use of their nasty launcher software. On the other hand, if a UK operator were to launch the 700p, it would be the only way I could afford a 700p (subsidising)
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Anybody have recent experience with Sprint coverage in Cleveland, OH? I tried it 3-4 years ago, and it was not good. If it's good coverage now, I might well switch over, even if it is released on verizon as well...
    Sprint coverage in Cleveland is pretty decent from what I know. I left Cleveland last year for the sunny shores of Palm Beach Florida but when I was there I had no complaints. I also had friends scattered throughout the Greater Cleve-town area and I never really noticed any problems. I just got off the phone with a friend of mine still in Cleveland and he says all systems are go...no more or less service than any other carrier really. Nextel is a bit sketchy but they are about to be assimilated anyway. Hope this helps...hey, worst case take advantage of the 15-day. I'm trying to get back on Sprint myself...I was misinformed that Cingular coverage was a lock in South Florida...love my Treo but hate it as a phone...MOST dropped calls of any carrier down here. Also, during the major outages of Hurricane Wilma, I saw Sprint trucks everywhere immediately after the storm hauling generators to towers to get them back online...didn't see any other carrier doing that...just my two cents...take it for what it's worth.
    Last edited by xtant21; 04/25/2006 at 08:32 AM.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad
    Im from UK too. Im not concinced we will see the 700p launched by a UK operator at all. The UK operators currently dont seem interested in the 700w. And I do remember when Orange had to ship their stock of 650s back to the US to have their branding modified as it conflicted with the firmware (the keyguard I seem to remember). I personnally think UK Orange destroyed the usability of the 650 by enforcing the use of their nasty launcher software. On the other hand, if a UK operator were to launch the 700p, it would be the only way I could afford a 700p (subsidising)
    I think we will see another Treo from Orange and more than likely the 700p. I read recently that it was rumoured that Vodafone would be getting a new 3G enabled Treo apparently running WM5. So it would make sense that Orange get the 700p as they already have the capacity to support (I use the term loosely) the Palm OS.

I couldn't agree more on the Orange launcher. If I hadn't been able to remove their awful software I would have immediately returned the phone as it was completely unusable.

Subsidised or SIM free I think we're in for a long wait.......
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I'm a little bit of both on this whole topic...I'm with Perry in that a new Treo would be cool but is my 650 really all that bad or old for that matter, no. I could definitely use the EVDO...if it IS good enough I could finally cut the cord and have true wireless laptop nirvana (using the 700 as a modem). That would be cool...that could be worth it to me. No more WiFi access point hunting...no more tied to the house or perimeter of the house for signal, the list goes on. That is the 'wow' factor really. Saving money not paying for cable internet or DSL would justify the cost of the new Treo I suppose. The other stuff to me is just software updates...the memory is nice but I haven't been pressed since I put a 1gb card in my 650 and made my own custom ROM image with all of the junk stripped out that I don't want. The camera...well, cameras in phones don't impress me. If I really want to polaroid the moment let me bust out the Canon digital elph (almost the same size as the treo and sports 5.0 megapixel; which would YOU rather have?). I mean obviously, taking a picture of a Treo with another Treo is not the way to go people...nobody can seem to take a crisp pic. Palm is leaking this crap on purpose to string this whole thing along. This is free advertising and free publicity and everyone here is feeding into it. This is a marketing departments dream...watch the fools trip over their tongues drooling for the product so that when (*if*) it does launch they fly off the shelf.

As for whether or not the 700p will happen; I think it will but I'm with gharrod in that I'm not getting my hopes up...I'll believe it when Sprint (or Verizon) can plank one down in my hand for me to play with and maybe take home...otherwise it's all just smoke and mirrors (and a few blurry pictures). I find it most odd that gharrod was able to take such a clear and in focus spy photo...how ever did you do it man?! Start a class I say...teach the spies the craft of sure-handedness. May your hand be as steady as a goat climbing the Rockies. <sorry, had to work the goat reference in somehow>. Cheers.
    Last edited by xtant21; 04/25/2006 at 09:11 AM.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    It was the first or second year I lived in Colorado (63-64) that we had SNOW SHOWERS in June right after school got out. When Colorado Springs is really great is when you come back home from Texas in July/August and leave 105 heat to return to the folks who are "suffering" in the 85 degree Colorado summer swelter.
    I lived in both (Coppell and Monument) and take both over the hell that is Maryland.