Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Very disappointing. I was hoping, upon waking up, that a brand new "n00biewithpics!" registered 4/22/06 would have made a drive-by posting with new, even more fuzzy pics for us.

Instead, all I see is Doom ranting and raving. I can hear that anytime.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybamma
    yep geatches, you got me..I am actually a hermit living in a small cave down by the river, since I lost my van. I visit neighborhoods late at night just to find a decent unencrypted Wi-Fi signal and join sites like Treocentral to get my jollies by posting pix of devices, then re-joining and posting more. I am a Treo bum and I am addicted. There, I said it. (wave of relief washes over me)
    Uhh, I hate to say it, but that description fits lots of people around here.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    No because that can be faked. it is a header file in the image. And if that is the case he would have taken the pictures of the 700P with a 700P which would have meant he had 2 of them and that the 700P has the worst camera known to man in it.
    I'd just like to point out *ONCE AGAIN* that a 1.3MP camera will not necessarily take better (overall) pictures than a lower resolution camera, it will simply offer more resolution. When the 700w first came out I was anxious to see sample photos. To this day, there seems to be a dirge of sample photos available to view on the web, but those few that were posted were of worse quality than what the 650's camera (as sucky as it is) can deliver.

So just to throw more cold water on everyone who's getting so worked up for the impending 700p release...you may be disappointed with this "new and improved higher resolution" camera that the 700p will have.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Hello All,

Just spent some time reading today's posts from myTreo while taking a break from tearing down a goat pen. (Don't ask.)

I have been contacted in the last two days by a new source who is a TC member of more than one day. Their posts have always been constructive.

They have PM'd me to tell me two different reasons why they believe the blurry Verizon 700P pictures. To discuss the what's any further would compromise the individual.

I know -- sorta like these drive by postings we have been having. I will just say -- that I would not have posted this unless I felt that it was credible.

And I know the Palm Police are after 2 of our recent pic posters. So I would drive by too. Has anyone noticed that the pics are gone from that one thread?

And no, I am not going to out who the Palm Police are either, other than to say it is not our friendly Palm tech (Keith?).

This Silly Season has been way too long and we are all getting a little jaded and cranky.

Silly Season ends the week of May 15 -- may it rest in peace.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    ahhhh- mennnnnn...
    (cue church organ)
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Folks,

Here are some non-blurry pix of the new Verizon branded Treo 700P. Don't flame me if you don't believe me, just love the fact that they are real!
    The last 2 look suspicious.

I would like to see photos taken with a good digital camera that show CRISP detail.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Folks,

Here are some non-blurry pix of the new Verizon branded Treo 700P. Don't flame me if you don't believe me, just love the fact that they are real!
    I am actually starting to believe...I may not like it, but it is clearer now. I just hope I don't have to wait too long for Sprint.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

I have been contacted in the last two days by a new source who is a TC member of more than one day. Their posts have always been constructive.

They have PM'd me to tell me two different reasons why they believe the blurry Verizon 700P pictures. To discuss the what's any further would compromise the individual.

I know -- sorta like these drive by postings we have been having. I will just say -- that I would not have posted this unless I felt that it was credible.

And I know the Palm Police are after 2 of our recent pic posters. So I would drive by too. Has anyone noticed that the pics are gone from that one thread?

And no, I am not going to out who the Palm Police are either, other than to say it is not our friendly Palm tech (Keith?).

Cheers, Perry.
    If it were me with the pics, I would start by wiping the hard drive on my laptop, drive 100 miles, find an unsecured wireless LAN in a bad neighborhood, create a new user on TC, post them, then leave several hand grenades with pins pulled inside of pop cans in the general vicinity, for when the PP black helicopters rappel troops into the backyard...

Then Gene Hackman would come help me escape, but I'd slip up and make a phone call, and he'd have to blow up his totally cool hide out.

Taking my meds now...

I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    If it were me with the pics, I would start by wiping the hard drive on my laptop, drive 100 miles, find an unsecured wireless LAN in a bad neighborhood, create a new user on TC, post them, then leave several hand grenades with pins pulled inside of pop cans in the general vicinity, for when the PP black helicopters rappel troops into the backyard...

Then Gene Hackman would come help me escape, but I'd slip up and make a phone call, and he'd have to blow up his totally cool hide out.

Taking my meds now...

Somehow I figured you needed the meds to come up with that one...
    As gharrod pointed out, if the header info on the photo said 700p, then it meant the guy had TWO 700p.

And why not take a video? That at least would've been a bit better.

Too much bull-shyte for my tastes.

No one has a decent camera, and can take a in focus pic?

There are 1,000,000 13 year old girls on myspace.com that can take clear pictures, but amazingly a the gadget geek can't.

Hmm...
    Perry, I am a convert. I believe in the Treo700A which will be released on Cingular on April 31st.

Ok, the 700P which will be on Sprint and VZW. That said I believe the recent pictures are fakes. There is nothing in them which could not be faked with a 700W and a simple screen capture and graphics program. Does anyone really believe a nobody can just walk into the Verizon office here and they will just hand him a 700P to play with and take pictures of? Those who do believe that I really can not ask you to believe anything at all so please understand I am not asking you to change your mind. I am just speaking common sense. If we believe he took the pictures and the header data was not faked then he had to have 2 Treo700P's. He claimed to have had access to 1 only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I'd just like to point out *ONCE AGAIN* that a 1.3MP camera will not necessarily take better (overall) pictures than a lower resolution camera, it will simply offer more resolution. When the 700w first came out I was anxious to see sample photos. To this day, there seems to be a dirge of sample photos available to view on the web, but those few that were posted were of worse quality than what the 650's camera (as sucky as it is) can deliver.

So just to throw more cold water on everyone who's getting so worked up for the impending 700p release...you may be disappointed with this "new and improved higher resolution" camera that the 700p will have.
    ScottR. Quality of picture has little at all to do with resolution at all. Lighting, focus, steadiness and MOST inportantly the qualityof the lens make the difference in the quality of a picture. No one is expecting to take photos of real quality withthis or any other smartphone but you have to admit those blurry pictures looked so bad they appeared to be shot blurry on purpose to hide the fact they were composed pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    There are 1,000,000 13 year old girls on myspace.com that can take clear pictures, but amazingly a the gadget geek can't.

Hmm...
    Lech!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    As gharrod pointed out, if the header info on the photo said 700p, then it meant the guy had TWO 700p.

And why not take a video? That at least would've been a bit better.

Too much bull-shyte for my tastes.

No one has a decent camera, and can take a in focus pic?

Hmm...
    The video is an excellent point...wonder why he didn't take that opportunity? Also remember when the 700W videos appeared before the announcement and several of you touted how easy it would be to fake those? The video was very convincing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Very disappointing. I was hoping, upon waking up, that a brand new "n00biewithpics!" registered 4/22/06 would have made a drive-by posting with new, even more fuzzy pics for us.

Instead, all I see is Doom ranting and raving. I can hear that anytime.
    Actually I hope Doom rants a little more. This trying to emulate his gruffness is wearing thin on me. Doom, please let em have it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    If we believe he took the pictures and the header data was not faked then he had to have 2 Treo700P's. He claimed to have had access to 1 only.
    No. Read the post where he uploaded the pics. He clearly stated that he took the pictures with a 700p. He must have had two. Wow! Two! I'd give my left nut for two of these bad boys (I have 3 kids. Don't need them anymore).

These were taken on a 700p and transfered to my SD card...
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    No. Read the post where he uploaded the pics. He clearly stated that he took the pictures with a 700p. He must have had two. Wow! Two! I'd give my left nut for two of these bad boys (I have 3 kids. Don't need them anymore).
    LMAO...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    That is pretty funny though... Are you living on a steady diet of government cheese?

And Spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    LMAO...
    Your signature is much better without all the extra stuff.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Lech!
    Check those google searches!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.