Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    This is what I keep telling the mods! Let me be my angry, bent-on-world-domination self! People love that!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Well they sure didn't do that with the 700w (aanounce then sell) or the 650

With the 700W they most certainly did and Palm even bragged about this strategy. The announcement back in Nov. wasn't released by Palm, but by leaked information. This is why the Palm Police presence doesn't make any sense when it comes to a 700P. Why no Palm Police in Nov. in regards to the 700W?

To be honest I think Palm WANTS people to gravitate to a Windows OS. This would explain such protection of the 700P information as to not infringe on the Windows OS debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I remember reading that Sprint had a high return rate on the Treo 650. Do you guys remember the whole fiasco of the RAM not been able to store as much data as it should. I remember the whole TreoCentral was a big mass of ungry people. Sprint messed up on their testing for the Treo 650 and I'm pretty sure they have learned from their mistake and this time release something more robust or they are going to lose customers.
    I think this comes from Sprint being a wireless phone carrier and not a PDA vendor. Methinks the Sprint execs given the thing are probably heavy phone users but not necessarily extensive PDA users.

Though they should picked up on the volume thing. Putting themselves in a position where they release the "beta" version and then Cimgular / Verizon come out with a "tweaked" version, said tweaks being at the xpense of Sprint customers is bound to leave a few peeps with a bad taste in their mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    The word was imaginary, and actually if this materializes I'll buy one (for my wife), until i can find a solution with A2DP and streaming.

By the way, you act like this is the first ... "i am holding a 700p" post we have seen.
    I'd pay for a portrait photo when these "imaginary" devices start appearing on store shelves ?
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    With the 700W they most certainly did and Palm even bragged about this strategy. The announcement back in Nov. wasn't released by Palm, but by leaked information. This is why the Palm Police presence doesn't make any sense when it comes to a 700P. Why no Palm Police in Nov. in regards to the 700W?

I am afraid you are mistaken. The announcement wasn't in NOV...it was September and was a joint announcement by MS VZN PLM. There were leaks prior to that yes.

OFFICIAL PALM ANNOUNCEMENT ON SEPT 27 2005

700W AVAILABLE 5 JAN 2006

this was clearly not announced and then sold immediately. There was more than a three month (quarter year) delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC
    There is no doubt in my mind that his pics are for real. I've never worked with a Verizon Palm 700P, but I'll leave it at that. His pictures are 100% accurate. I don't dispute that. Not even a little.
    I won't say I don't have any doubts but I have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. As for calling the guy a liar, I'm afraid I couldn't take such an aggressive step w/o proof. I just wouldn't wanna risk putting mysef in a situation where I'd have to eat that much crow.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I know having it first is huge with the sprint crowd. I want the 700p asap as well.
    Being in the vzw crowd, I[B][I] had very few issues with my 650.
    It seems the waiting for the field testing (sprint users) was worth it to me when the end unit I purchase doesnt suck.

If both carriers release at the same time, who cares? Does it bother you that you lost some bragging right or something?
    I say when its ready, really ready, release it to all. Until then they better be testing the sh#% out of it.
    I am really surprised they dont allow more members here to voluntarily test.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    PS: I really whis someone would buy that PPC-6700 Dutch as for sale
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    PS: I really whis someone would buy that PPC-6700 Dutch as for sale
    go for it
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybamma
    I will ty to also get a pic of the screen with the phone info showing.
    jimmy...any news? I have had my treo 650 from day one....I am dying for an upgrade.
    I am afraid you are mistaken. The announcement wasn't in NOV...it was September and was a joint announcement by MS VZN PLM. There were leaks prior to that yes.

OFFICIAL PALM ANNOUNCEMENT ON SEPT 27 2005

700W AVAILABLE 5 JAN 2006

this was clearly not announced and then sold immediately. There was more than a three month (quarter year) delay.
    "Very little specific information about the new Windows Mobile powered product was unveiled. Instead the conference focused on the collaboration between the companies, and the new growth opportunity for Palm"

That my friend does not sound like a OFFICIAL 700W announcement to me.

The Jan.4 2006 announcement with all the specifications sounds more like an official 700w announcement to me.

If what you say is true then the 700P is "official" as Ed Colligan said there is a Palm version.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    "Very little specific information about the new Windows Mobile powered product was unveiled. Instead the conference focused on the collaboration between the companies, and the new growth opportunity for Palm"

That my friend does not sound like a OFFICIAL 700W announcement to me.

The Jan.4 2006 announcement with all the specifications sounds more like an official 700w announcement to me.

If what you say is true then the 700P is "official" as Ed Colligan said there is a Palm version.

They announced it, demoed it...Bill Gates returned SMS messages on it. Did you watch the *announcement*?

Looks like we just disagree on this one But for the life of me I cannot see how that is anything less than an announcement.

Ed Colligan has NOT demoed a palm version in a public press conference. Big difference IMHO

A Windows Mobile Powered Treo

The new Treo smartphone takes advantage of the Windows Mobile 5.0 platform in multiple ways, offering Outlook Mobile, Office Mobile and Internet Explorer Mobile built into the smartphone, as well as direct access to Exchange Server 2003 for mobile access to information.

The new smartphone is the first 3G enabled Treo and can access Verizon's EV-DO network (BroadbandAccess) with download speeds averaging 400-700 kilobits per second. Today, about half the U.S. population, in more than 84 metropolitan areas and in hundreds of airports across the nation have access to BroadbandAccess. Verizon Wireless has been expanding its BroadbandAccess service area steadily since its debut in the fall of 2003.

"The new Treo smartphone running Windows Mobile will highlight the speed and power of our BroadbandAccess service," said Strigl. "The Treo will deliver fast downloading of email and attachments as well as quick access to critical-business information, providing businesses with a great return on investment. Our strong relationships with Microsoft and Palm continue to provide real value for our customers."
    Here's my 2 cents:
    Bought the Treo 300 right away (blind ignorance) Loved it.
    Bought the Treo 600 right away (blind ignorance) Love it.
    Skipped the Treo 650 (read too many horry stories on T/C (don't regret)
    On my laptop Installed Windows OneCare beta, Windows Defender Beta and IE7 Beta-loved them all.
    But I am bored w/my Treo and my technology in general
    -I want the 700p (Sprint) asap. Ready to spend the cash.

I'm with you Perry.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Fair enough. Would it be possible to get into the Prefs, Network and snap the Services available to see if Broadband Access is listed? Right now the 650 lists National Access which is the 1x speed, I would imagine an EVDO Treo would list Broadband Access as the default service.
    sorry...with the schedule I have had, forgot it was Saturday today and it won't be until Monday I will be back at Verizon again. I will try again on Monday.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    sorry...with the schedule I have had, forgot it was Saturday today and it won't be until Monday I will be back at Verizon again. I will try again on Monday.
    No problem. If you can get them, great. If not, don't sweat it. I believe
    They announced it, demoed it...Bill Gates returned SMS messages on it. Did you watch the *announcement*?

Looks like we just disagree on this one But for the life of me I cannot see how that is anything less than an announcement.

Ed Colligan has NOT demoed a palm version in a public press conference. Big difference IMHO
    Remember how they accidently showed Bill Gates Treo phone number on the screen and we were calling him and SMS's him. He actually answered some of the SMS's.
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    I checked the metadata and EXIF info of the photos with Apeture and got the following interesting information:

Image Date 4/20/06 3:17:05 PM EDT
    Apeture: f0
    Exposure Bias: Oev
    Focal Length: mm
    Pixel Size: 1280 x 1024
    Camera Model: Palm Treo 700p
    Software: Palm Media Application

While metadata and EXIF can be changed, it does lend more support to the validity of the photos.
    No because that can be faked. it is a header file in the image. And if that is the case he would have taken the pictures of the 700P with a 700P which would have meant he had 2 of them and that the 700P has the worst camera known to man in it.
    Do you often forget the day of the week on a Friday night? I can understad after adult beverages but not beforehand.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    geatches & gherrod,

Both of you need to be a bit more tolerant of other people, especially the new posters. Also I have never seen such skeptics. What are you going to say if JC walks up to you and tells you who he is...."dude....if you do that walk on water thing again I might believe you but probably not."? You know....they really did put a man on the moon....oh and the world really is round.

note: This post was not meant to offiend anyone of any faith or beleifs. Or those of no faith, or those from another planet, ot those that just don't like my opinion. Ok I don't mind offending those that don't like my opinion. - BigTex
    BigTex, your points are valid. We have been stung to many times lately by goofballs coming in here as newbies and blowing the roof of this place with fakes pictures and wild claims. I want proof positive not blurry or easily faked pictures. Wouldn't it make you feel more confident if someone came in here with credible information who hadn't just found Treo Central in a Google search with pictures of a phone that had been rumored to be ready for release for the last 7 months? Believe it or not I am not the only one who feels this way and many are scared of being flamed for saying so.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    This is what I keep telling the mods! Let me be my angry, bent-on-world-domination self! People love that!!!!
    Theater of the mind (or mindless in my case)...