Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ...as I refuse to contemplate Outlook on my desktop (to say nothing of Mac & Linux users), what do people think of using something like FinchSync to syncronise with Thunderbird?
    Flexmail is the best email program out there bar none. In line HTML is all I have to say.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon
    Flexmail is the best email program out there bar none. In line HTML is all I have to say.
    Yes, but it isn't a PIM is it. Contact/address book & calendar sync are the bits that are missing if you don't do Outlook.
    Anything specific you have against outlook? Its been ages since there has been any exploit using it.

Surur
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Anything specific you have against outlook? Its been ages since there has been any exploit using it.
    Pardon?

Current Outlook 2003 exploits

and

Security of email clients
    Surur
    When's the last time any outlook viruses made it big. Was it Iloveyou, annakornokova? The main vulnerability these days is between the monitor and the chair, and its usually to Nigerian millionaires and member extenders.

Surur
    We use Lotus Notes because:
    1) Scalable
    2) Bullet Proof
    3) Integrated DB2 capability language (We can make web-based DB forms in seconds that integrate with email).
    Bob
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    The main vulnerability these days is between the monitor and the chair, and its usually to Nigerian millionaires and member extenders.
    True enough! But what about stability of the program & database then? My current desktop email client has all my emails sent and received back to [...checks...] April 1995. Several GB. Know anyone who's managed to keep an Outlook database going that long, without restores (except for machine changes, etc)?
    Fair enough. I'm no outlook admin, and there is no point in changing for the sake of changing. That software on the top looks very interesting to me. I'm surprised more Mac users dont use it. I just dont want people to be guided by old experiences, thats all. The security landscape is changing rapidly.

Surur