Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    The Treo was a groundbreaking device in the foray of wireless media and connectivity. I was thinking about this the other day, I have had a Treo since the 270, and there have been many times where I have thought about getting rid of my Treo and many times that I have found out how to do something that has completely changed how I view and how I used my Treo.

Starting back in the day with being able to read books on my Treo, I carry my phone everywhere but trying to carry books everywhere I go, and what happens when I finish the current book and I am not at home then I am just stuck till I get another book, and then along came eReader and I was amazed at being able to read books.

The next moment for me was definatly Chatter, I wanted to be able to use my email no matter where I am so I was thinking of getting a Sidekick cause I use AOL often, along came Chatter! I remember using the demo for the short time and seeing how much this program was going to change how I use my phone and such. No I have no worries about being able to get my email everywhere and all the time. Even at work.

Lastly, and most recently was Z-Launcher. The regular Palm launcher was fine and it did its job, I just wanted something that looked a little flashier that was as easy to use. I first tried Facer 3 back in February and well it was alright, it did the job but I began to see how unstable it was for me, everytime I tried to do something it would crash and cause me issues. Before this I never had any crashes or problems and rarely reset my Treo unless I was doing something like trying to play Doom or what have you that needed a hack. When I finally got tired of it, I tried Z-Launcher and was blown away! It is fantastic, great look, and wonderfully usable and so far it has been very stable!!

Now with most of these moments I was on the verge of getting rid of my Treo whichever one I had at the time, and each time I find other uses for the Treo and can't see parting with the devices. I just keep thinking, whats next? An amazing game? A real quality web browser? Actual install of Linux? I guess we will just have to wait and see, until then, what are your postive defining moments with your Treo?
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    "Positive Defining Moment of Your Treo, what is it??"
    I can't think of just one "Defining Moment", other than just buying it.
    Buying it, and setting it up, was the most exciting for me.
    I have never, ever, contimplated getting rid of My Treo.
    Just call me Berd.
    Figuring out that I could launch everything by assigning keys (from speed dialing to applications to web links) in the favorites buttons on the phone screen. No more tabbed/drop down menu/looking at the PDA screen navigation for moi!
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    I own a liquidation company. I buy and sell pre-owned merchandise from from business and estate sales and resell them. The TREO is the only reason why i am still in business. Chatter and INSTANT email helped me take this from a part time college gas money gig to a full time enterprise. I have no office, all my emails, documents are stored on my treo. I can imagine my life being orders of magnitude more difficult if i did not have this thing on me all the time...i'm even begining to wonder if its possible that i am relying on one device so much? As soon as the evdo capable treo becomes available, i can quit carrying my laptop on extended business trips and purchase a desktop for my home. viva la treo.
    My favorite use for my Treo is for birding - the active pursuit of finding and identifying birds. I was on a field trip one day when it started just pouring. We found shelter in an abandoned barn. While it rained, we played "guess that bird song" played on .mp3s on the Treo. We played "guess that bird" from pics stored there too. We monitored the storm front as it moved through so we could estimate how long we would have to hang out. Folks used the phone (I know, but it IS a phone after all) to call and let people know they would be a little late. All this while the Treo was safe and dry in a zipper baggie. What fun! I also had a map of the area stored, a list of birds seen in the general vicinity, and access via internet to recent sitings in the area.
    I don't know if this was a defining moment for my Treo, or for me as a birder. Maybe both.
    Laurie
    1st time I used Voice Dial
    1st Time I used Sharklinks w/ VSuite
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I was able to settle a drunken rooftop argument about the meaning of particular slang word. Moreover, I was even able to play the mp3 pronunciation of the word.
    My defining moment was sitting on the couch beside my wife, who got my Treo 650 and was a total noob, while I was holding my new Blackberry. Sheesh. I gave up my Treo for a Blackberry.

I watched her jump into using the Treo -- all of the functions. I saw her take delight in the inherent coolness of what it could do and start to realize how this could make her life so much easier. I looked at my Blackberry. Looked at my old Treo, now gone for good to my wife. Looked at my Blackberry. Realized that the Treo did everything I wanted it to, and did it better than the Blackberry.

Bought a new Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    My defining moment was sitting on the couch beside my wife, who got my Treo 650 and was a total noob, while I was holding my new Blackberry. Sheesh. I gave up my Treo for a Blackberry.

I watched her jump into using the Treo -- all of the functions. I saw her take delight in the inherent coolness of what it could do and start to realize how this could make her life so much easier. I looked at my Blackberry. Looked at my old Treo, now gone for good to my wife. Looked at my Blackberry. Realized that the Treo did everything I wanted it to, and did it better than the Blackberry.

Bought a new Treo 650.

Wow I feel like I have been there! When I worked for Cingular I gave up my 650 for a time being for a brand new Cingular BB 7290 and for a short period of time a 7100g, man what was I thinking! It was like going from driving a brand new Dodge Viper to a golf kart! I sold both the BB's that I had and went right to the shelf where my Treo had taken residence and started enjoying it all over again!!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Hmmmmmmmmm lesse,

Probably just recently when I was able to use Bluetooth stereo in the gym. Working out without wires has absolutely rocked, all while tracking my progress with a POS workout program.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Getting lost and finding my directions back with KMaps. In the store, comparing prices with the ones on the internet. Talking over control of the TV when my kid misplaced the remote.
    Chatter & TomTom. Oh, & web browsing from bed while not disturbing the sleeping wife (like right now).
    I don't think I can think of any ONE particular defining moment - more like a series of defining moments resulting in the best product I've ever owned.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    the first time I used TomTom and/or Directory Assistant and any time I use them in front of others. people are blown away at how easy and effective those apps are.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Oh, so many...All I can say is that I can no longer live without it, especially when it has gone on a crashing stint...so here is the key one for me:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=112432

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Has to be when I pulled the 650 out for the first time when I got it right after it hit the shelves. Everyone was mystified by it. My college Dean even offered me a job after he saw I had a 650 (he still was using a 600 and I could tell he was extremely jealous of me and my bluetooth, killer screen, better case, etc. etc) http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ies/tongue.gif
    My treo landed me my job because when I finished interviewing, I went outside and when I got back in my truck, I sent a thankyou letter to them via e-mail less then 5 minutes from leaving. I recieved a call before I even left the parking lot offering me the job.

I'm as bad as Perry right now when waiting for the 700p. I REALLY want to the added RAM and the EDVO. I've already told my wife that she's not getting another phone when her contract expires because she's getting my 650. I just hope that Verizon releases it quick. If things go as they have in the past, it'll be coming out soon since I've been drumping a lot of money into getting new cases, software, etc for my 650 and it's been my experiance that when I dump a bunch of money into something, something newer and better comes out soon after.
    A coworker saw my Precious sitting on the desk the other day. Apparntly he never heard of a Treo 650. He started telling me about all the great things that her phone would do. In every case, my answer was "Yeah, my Treo does that, too."

I think he was a little annoyed, but, oh well.

NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Oh yeah, I left something out. He was talking about a phone he had bought for his daughter.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Oh yeah, I left something out. He was talking about a phone he had bought for his daughter.
    What was it? A Sidekick??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast