Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    It sure does. It gives me the chance to say...

I told you so!
    Its just Palm damage control. It does not change anything.

Surur
    i have a funny feeling that somewhere a thought, turned into a rumor, turned into fact...all without proof. perfect setup for big let down.
    I need more proof than Brighthand saying so. "Hollywood" may not exist as this overpowering super device that many people thought it would be, but I certainly believe it exists, and that we may have caught a glimpse of it.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    So it is not called Hollywood

According to our information, Palm does not have any current or future device code-named "Hollywood." Moreover, the original report of a slim Treo designed for Europe is false, and the company has no such model on the table.

And it is not designed for Europe.

(Palm execs in a meeting at 11:15 last night) We are going to call it Dollywood and it is designed for America and Europe. There that proves those photos are false.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    It sure does. It gives me the chance to say...

I told you so!

Hmmmmm. . . . I am detecting a pattern here.. . . . .

How come you believe the NOs without question, and the YESs you dismiss out of hand?

Quote from link:

So what of the photos that appear to depict a new Treo with a thinner design and 3G GSM? Currently unknown, but if the photos do turn out to be legitimate, this may simply be a slightly redesigned GSM counterpart to the Treo 700w that's currently available on Verizon Wireless.

The 700W for GSM? Time will tell . . . . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Check my history and I have been the one who has questioned the Sagio report extensively from the beginning. I have not waivered on that point. 99% of the rumors ofHollywood came from that single source. The "blog-mentals" picked up on that report and gave it their thumbs up and the legend of Hollywood grew to the point others were taking it as a forgone conclusion it would be released this year.

I give Brighthand a lot more credence then the ones who read a rumor in here, go to their "BLOG" site and post it as the fact then others read it there and come here and start more threads about the news they just saw. It all builds in to a false truth that no one can verify. There is no accountability. There is no reasoning just a furvor for being the first one with the cool new news to share with us all.

As I have said many times and will continue to say when it is my feeling...Something was not right about this and no proof came forward to prove to me that it was. Rumors are just that. Rumors. Facts are facts.

If I am wrong (and often I am, none of us is perfect) I will admit it and take my lumps. At least I hold myself accountable. If Brighthand is publishing this news and it is wrong then they deserve the same wrath for being irresponsible and wil suffer in the marketplace as an unreliable source for information. I am betting before publishing they recognized the value of the truth and double checked their sources.
    That still leaves 3 Treos to be released.

A. The 700
    B. What isn't called Hollywood
    C. What is or isn't called Lowrider

Plus the "mystery device".
    Check my history and I have been the one who has questioned the Sagio report extensively from the beginning. I have not waivered on that point. 99% of the rumors ofHollywood came from that single source. The "blog-mentals" picked up on that report and gave it their thumbs up and the legend of Hollywood grew to the point others were taking it as a forgone conclusion it would be released this year.

I give Brighthand a lot more credence then the ones who read a rumor in here, go to their "BLOG" site and post it as the fact then others read it there and come here and start more threads about the news they just saw. It all builds in to a false truth that no one can verify. There is no accountability. There is no reasoning just a furvor for being the first one with the cool new news to share with us all.

As I have said many times and will continue to say when it is my feeling...Something was not right about this and no proof came forward to prove to me that it was. Rumors are just that. Rumors. Facts are facts.

If I am wrong (and often I am, none of us is perfect) I will admit it and take my lumps. At least I hold myself accountable. If Brighthand is publishing this news and it is wrong then they deserve the same wrath for being irresponsible and wil suffer in the marketplace as an unreliable source for information. I am betting before publishing they recognized the value of the truth and double checked their sources.

Well spoken (er, typed), as always.

Cheers, Perry.

(I will have my 700P in early June, though.)
    Right, just like there is no 700P either..............Maybe there really is no 700w also.
    If Brighthand is publishing this news and it is wrong then they deserve the same wrath for being irresponsible and wil suffer in the marketplace as an unreliable source for information.
    Allow me to say that we wouldn't be running with this if we weren't confidant. Can't reveal sources, of course, but if what we were told is wrong we're going to have a very cross conversation with some people. A conversation that would involve a cricket bat and a stapler.

I too have always been more than a little suspicious of the models mentioned in the Sagio report. Something about it always struck me as wrong. Ironically, though, I was just starting to accept the whole "Hollywood" notion thanks to the new photos when this bit of information got dropped in my lap. (Shrug)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamaDBrown
    Allow me to say that we wouldn't be running with this if we weren't confidant. Can't reveal sources, of course, but if what we were told is wrong we're going to have a very cross conversation with some people. A conversation that would involve a cricket bat and a stapler.

I too have always been more than a little suspicious of the models mentioned in the Sagio report. Something about it always struck me as wrong. Ironically, though, I was just starting to accept the whole "Hollywood" notion thanks to the new photos when this bit of information got dropped in my lap. (Shrug)
    AdamaDBrown, I am with you. I was sticking up for you figuring you would have done so. I am always suspicious of a major stockholder complaining that a stock in a company is not high enough then releasing a report with wild rumors as the heart of it concerning said company.

I think the pictures are easily enough explained as speculation/test models. Note the pictures of the supposed Hollywood do not have any carrier name on it. I am not sure I remember a leaked Treo future product without a carrier logo in the past as this one is. I suppose those who question your story also question the push email for the 700W you reported on?
    I think the pictures are easily enough explained as speculation/test models. Note the pictures of the supposed Hollywood do not have any carrier name on it. I am not sure I remember a leaked Treo future product without a carrier logo in the past as this one is.
    The only other totally unbranded models I've seen were the early test 700s from February of last year (back when it was still the 670, and nobody believed that Palm was ever going to use Windows).

http://www.phonemag.com/images/cellp..._670_front.JPG
    I go off for 18 holes of golf, and all Hell breaks loose. Remind me to never leave you guys alone anymore.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Shoot low 90's again?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I go off for 18 holes of golf, and all Hell breaks loose. Remind me to never leave you guys alone anymore.
    Munk Boy it is all your fault isn't it!!!

I have gone 3 years without a round of golf over 72. When I hit 72 I stop.
    Shot 87 today. Still too high, but I'll take it for now.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast