Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Results 161 to 179 of 179
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamaDBrown
    It's an outgrowth of a report by Sagio Investments which claimed that a "more stylish 3G Treo" would be released in the European market in May 2006. Obviously, that report was rather... wrong. But despite that, and sources inside Palm saying the original report was completely bogus, the meme has survived to this day.

    By the way, JackNaylorPE, Sprint doesn't have an exclusive on the 700p--nobody does. So we might see a 700p GSM model a bit sooner than 6 months.
    Thank you AdamaBrown. I have been saying that about the Sagio report for months and taken a lot of heat for doing so. They have been outed.
  2. #162  
    Well, let's put it this way, if all the GSM world gets from Palm is warmed over toast (a 700p with GSM innards) they can kiss the non-US market goodbye. There are just too many better options out there in the GSM world market.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  3. #163  
    If the GSM phone that is released in the US isn't any better than the 700P I'll be jumping ship too.
  4. #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Check my history and I have been the one who has questioned the Sagio report extensively from the beginning. I have not waivered on that point. 99% of the rumors ofHollywood came from that single source. The "blog-mentals" picked up on that report and gave it their thumbs up and the legend of Hollywood grew to the point others were taking it as a forgone conclusion it would be released this year..
    I wish you didn't seem so well satisfied with yourself for making the wrong decision prevously. Meanwhile Sagio continues to believe what they said previously was accurate, and they have created a second report again identifying the Hollywood as being a real product. I don't know what your justification was for chosing not to believe what they wrote? I believe it is eminently logical that an investment company that owns 5 or 6% of Palm stock would have rather excellent research capabilities plus good access to management.
  5. #165  
    First, if you followed the story they admit they had no financial intrest in Palm when they released the report. They then were forced to remove the report which they complied with. They also were wrong on the claim of a May release of a GSM European Treo (unless I really missed something). They have released a second report but it is nothing like the first one and they took most of the wild claims out (with the excpetion of the Hollywood product which Palm has claimed never existed as a product codename).

    So at the time of the first report they had no eminently logical knwledge of Palm operational information.

    Hope this helps you grasp why I have my opinion of their earlier report. We are allowed to have opinions aren't we?
  6. #166  
    To begin with, the original report was copied off off the Sagio website without their consent. If you went onto the Sagio website it would be very clear that they owned 5% of Palm stock at the time. During the time when you trumpeted your claims that the Sagio report was bunk, just a little bit of due diligence would have revealed that Sagio was in fact Palm's second largest institutional shareholder. That might have hinted to you that perhaps they had resources to gather information, that your present sources lack.

    The fact that Palm denies calling a product by the name of Hollywood proves nothing. How can they admit that the name Hollywood exists, but the product it refers to doesn't exist? Your right to form an opinion is of course sacred. I just find it strange that without a single piece of solid information that your opinion was ever right, you write a post congratulating yourself for your unproven opinion. The Hollywood seems a well suited product to attack the European market with. Why would you doubt that Palm is releasing a thin, antenna less Windows OS smartphone in their attempt to gain marketshare in Europe. What would you change from this description?
  7. #167  
    Jack,
    Cingular has not said they will carry the 700w or 700p because they are CDMA phones..
    We don't know if/when a GSM model will be offered.. (Typically 3-4 months after CDMA) and in the case of the 700w, at least after Verizon's 6 months is up.

    Of course cingular is not going to acknowledge carrying a device that has not even been announced.
  8. #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by rvwink
    To begin with, the original report was copied off off the Sagio website without their consent. If you went onto the Sagio website it would be very clear that they owned 5% of Palm stock at the time. During the time when you trumpeted your claims that the Sagio report was bunk, just a little bit of due diligence would have revealed that Sagio was in fact Palm's second largest institutional shareholder. That might have hinted to you that perhaps they had resources to gather information, that your present sources lack.

    The fact that Palm denies calling a product by the name of Hollywood proves nothing. How can they admit that the name Hollywood exists, but the product it refers to doesn't exist? Your right to form an opinion is of course sacred. I just find it strange that without a single piece of solid information that your opinion was ever right, you write a post congratulating yourself for your unproven opinion. The Hollywood seems a well suited product to attack the European market with. Why would you doubt that Palm is releasing a thin, antenna less Windows OS smartphone in their attempt to gain marketshare in Europe. What would you change from this description?
    There is no sense in me trying to educate the foolish so you go ahead and believe what you desire. That doesn't make you right. You ignored every one of my points and tell me that they posted the report to their website and people shoudn't have gotten it? Then they shouldn't have put it there. You my friend have a lot to learn about reality. There is no GSM Treo being released in Europe in May. There is no Hollywood code named phone. You need to check facts before going off on others. Foolishness is one thing but outright lies are another.

    Now go back to playing Duckblind on your Atari
  9. #169  
    As it happens I know quite a bit about Palm. Also, I didn't ignore your points, I read them and frankly found they were all suposition and without substance. You didn't know Sagio and so you assumed their information was inaccurate. But you never managed to verify your assumption. With that as the background, listening to you congratulating yourself for your inaccurate detective work called for a response from me. I happen to have had some dealings with Sagio personally and found them to be a reputable intelligent financial institution. So your representing them otherwise rubbed me the wrong way.

    Concerning the date of the Hollywood product, the original report was written back in October. Palm's schedule of releases has changed since then. The May date is now expected in the fall quarter. So your answer to my post was to insult me and pretend I am a mindless teenager. Another wrong assumption mate. You are on a roll.
  10. #170  
    Again I am through educating you for free. Good luck and I hope you get ungrounded soon.
  11. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Again I am through educating you for free. Good luck and I hope you get ungrounded soon.
    What is it with everyone tonight. Seems like EVERY thread has someone calling someone else a high school student...or in-depth discussions about burrito's.
  12. #173  
    You really are a piece of work gharrod. The idea that you make incorrect assumptions and somehow miraculously educate me, is really quite amusing. Dream on.
  13. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamaDBrown
    It's an outgrowth of a report by Sagio Investments which claimed that a "more stylish 3G Treo" would be released in the European market in May 2006. Obviously, that report was rather... wrong. But despite that, and sources inside Palm saying the original report was completely bogus, the meme has survived to this day.
    I don't recall any May prediction...I remember 3Q2006

    Anyway, on the Sagio front...I think what Sagio owns and the forthcoming Treo questions oughta be pretty much answered by this (note the date please):

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/...alms-prospects/

    I posted some details of the report here :

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115096

    Play nice now children....no bickering
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 05/25/2006 at 11:38 AM.
  14. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    And you are basing this onw hat press release ?
    Well, obviously this is moot now, since you can see that Verizon is now carrying the 700p, but that was the basis for the assumption of no exclusivity deal.

    But since all indications so far are that Cingular is not going to carry the 700 p or w, I have to wonder why they made that decision.
    Maybe, maybe not. Palm has always been notoriously late with their GSM versions, so we may yet see something available on Cingular later this year.
  15. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Just to clarify, do YOU think there will be no 3G, antenna-less Treo for Europe?
    UMTS/HSPDA 3G Treo, almost certainly yes. Antenna-less, maybe. More stylish, probably not. Expressly Europe, no.
  16. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I don't recall any May prediction...I remember 3Q2006
    The following is a direct quote, horrible writing included, from the Sagio report last November. I can show you the PDF if you like.

    As a matter of fact, I just realized that in the course of the report, they actually predict TWO completely different release dates for the Hollywood, and another proven incorrect for the Lowrider.

    -----------------------------------------

    Presently PALM has a very strong market position with 31% of market share but is currently very weak in EMEA (4%) and Asia Pacific (5%) The weakness in Europe is mainly explained by 3 factors
    - External antenna disliked by fashion sensitive Europeans
    - Lack of support and following for PALM operating systems
    - No 3G radio and poor camera quality

    All this concerns will be taken care of with PALM new product code named Hollywood which will be introduced in May 06.

    -----------------------------------------

    Later in the "report":

    -----------------------------------------

    In January they will introduce the already announced Treo 700 Windows which will be a Verizon exclusivity it will be the first EV-DO Treo on the market .Around the same time we believe PALM will launch a Treo 700p running PALM OS on the Sprint network, both devices will keep the same form factor and will capitalize on the strong Treo foothold in the US enterprise market.
    We also learned that PALM will be launching two new products around March 06 codenamed "Hollywood" and "Lowrider". According to the Morgan Stanley analyst in Asia (covers HTC) the estimate production output will be 200K devices/month.

    -----------------------------------------

    Why do people still believe this company? They sound like their "research reports" were written by someone who never finished fourth grade English lit, and a lot of their information has been proven to be wrong. I can understand accepting their data at one point, after they were right about four Treos this year, but I would think that by now their credibility would be dead and buried.
  17. #178  
    So far they have only been wrong on dates (and we know those slip easily). Having seen the leaked WM GSM Treo, its marginally more stylish just for losing the antenna.

    Surur
  18. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I don't recall any May prediction...I remember 3Q2006

    Anyway, on the Sagio front...I think what Sagio owns and the forthcoming Treo questions oughta be pretty much answered by this (note the date please):

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/...alms-prospects/

    I posted some details of the report here :

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115096

    Play nice now children....no bickering
    Jack, the report was specific with the May projection. Sagio is WRONG! Go get em AmadaDBrown.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Posting Permissions