Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Any reported nomenclatures don't exist in relation to the Pentagon...I mean Palm
    at&t iPhone3G
    I think that all good, right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that all good, right thinking people in this country are fed up with being told that all good, right thinking people in this country are fed up with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not, and I'm sick and tired of being told that I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    I think that all good, right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that all good, right thinking people in this country are fed up with being told that all good, right thinking people in this country are fed up with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not, and I'm sick and tired of being told that I am.
    I don't under----I can't unders-------I'm sorry, what?!

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    I don't under----I can't unders-------I'm sorry, what?!
    LMAO...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Originally Posted by AdamaDBrown
    For the time being, the only thing I would expect to see soon is the 700p. I'll see what I can do about keeping people apprised within the limits of what I'm allowed to say.

Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Is this Perry?

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    Well wait a minute.
    Yesterday you responded to my post (you know... the one where I proved everything that you were saying to be wrong) in an effort to prove me wrong by saying Palm would never design a phone to work in Europe and also sell it in the states. Now you are saying that, if they did design a phone like this (which you don't THINK they will??) it would be available worlwide.
    What you're saying makes absolutely no sense. What I said was that a phone designed expressly for UMTS in Europe wouldn't work in the States, and vice versa. Just look at the HTC Universal. There's nothing stopping any company from developing a quint band 3G phone, but you have to specifically build it to comply with both systems. I'm not sure what you think you're talking about, but these are the facts.
    Do you work for one of the major political parties?

Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    ...Monty Python???
    Treo 270>600>650>samsung i780>pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cervezas
    [*]Sagio wasn't the originator of the idea that upcoming Palm Treos were code-named "Hollywood" and "Low Rider." That came from a Morgan Stanley analyst who watches HTC in Asia.
    I don't know about 'Low Rider' but Palm has used city names in Southern California for other projects. Hollywood actually makes perfect sense.
    Since Moto has a product called Hollywood I assume it would be mildly embarrassing for Palm to have a project device code named Hollywood. I realize that is not the final name but talk about confusion in the press and development.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGavilan
    I don't know about 'Low Rider' but Palm has used city names in Southern California for other projects. Hollywood actually makes perfect sense.
    Right - all glitz, plastic surgery, and no substance. Hmmmmm....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    "My brain hurts." -- Mr D.P. Gumby
    More regarding Vodaphone Getting WM5 Hollywood in July ... or should I say the thing that Palm says is not called Hollywood

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...d_treo__1.html
    Can't really see anything in this that isn't in David Beers' blog entry:

http://www.pikesoft.com/blog/index.php?itemid=67

so it's hard to tell if this is independent info or plagiarism.
    I was unable to access the link to the MobiRead site so couldn't tell if it was circular journalism or an independent "I heard".
    There's some favorable indictaions here amid teh debunking:

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12165

"It isn't as clear-cut a failing, but the roadmap also never talks about a GSM/GPRS version of the Treo 700w. It would be stunning if Palm didn't come out with this some time this year. The current version can only be used in the U.S., and there are many, many thousands of people around the world ready, willing, and able to put money on the table to buy this device. I can't imagine Palm being so foolish as to ignore them."
    My big issue with the Hollywood pictures, believe it or not, are the red and green stripes on the two menu buttons. While those colors make sense on a PalmOS device (and pictures of 700p's have shown such coloration) -- they just don't make sense on a WM5 device, which needs those two buttons to choose from the menus.

The shape of the keyboard buttons -- which at least in the fuzzy pictures look 600-like, if laid out in a 650/700 fashion -- also bug me a little.

But those are largely issues that could easily be prototype issues.
    On the pictures thing, check this out

http://www.pdalive.com/showarticle.php?threadid=10912

Seems they found out who the source is.
    Just a question.....

isn't it a possibility that sir_mycroft's "guess" is a most reasonable scenario ...

I believe Palm's 4 Treos in '06 will be:

700w CDMA (out)
    700p CDMA (soon)
    700p GSM (maybe soon too)
    700w GSM (?)
    Here in Australia, and Asia (and i think the UK and continental Europe) we use GSM ....

Palm/Handspring has released every model that they have ever made (as a gsm version) here in australia about 4 months after it's initial usa release ...

given their recently stated desire to maximize markets outside the usa, doesn't it seem more likely than not that they will continue to follow this... why would they all of a sudden stop making models for the ROW ....

hence the next "models" are very likely to be (probably in this order) a GSM 700W followed by a GSM 700P ... i think it would be unlikely that they would change the form factor for this () ... they haven't done so in the past ...
    Last edited by aussietanker; 05/17/2006 at 07:10 AM.
    Treo 650, GSM 120 LAP Custom ROM, 2GB Ultra 2 SanDisk Card
    If they dont change the formfactor then no-one will continue to buy it. I assume from the 4% market share in europe palm knows this.

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 05/17/2006 at 04:14 PM.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast