Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
       #1  
    I get home from work, get some coffee and chill for a bit. Then I fire up my browser and about 60 windows open (firefox <3) one of them being these forums and I see a thread about the Hollywood.

    After reading the thread, it seems that the Hollywood has 64 megs or ram user accessible.

    I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that. On one hand it annoys me that more ram could have (obviously) been added, but wasn't, but on the other hand...I dont really care

    It's more like I care out of the principle of getting screwed over and not out of the actual screwing over itself

    This does, however, get me more excited for the next iteration of the 700w (with 480x480 screen drool)
  2. #2  
    No
  3. #3  
    It doesnt bother me. Manufacturers will put the least amount of xxx to sell the product. Im used to it. :-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  4. #4  
    If they can recognize they need more ram for a WM Treo, there is a small chance the other carriers (e.g. Sprint) will demand more ram before they will carry the Treo 700w. Imagine how many less support calls they will get per Treo by adding $5 more of ram.

    Surur
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    If they can recognize they need more ram for a WM Treo, there is a small chance the other carriers (e.g. Sprint) will demand more ram before they will carry the Treo 700w. Imagine how many less support calls they will get per Treo by adding $5 more of ram.

    Surur
    the leaked hollywood specs suggest there will be more ram than the 700w.
  6. #6  
    I would be happy with 64 MB RAM. 64MB lets you run all the power apps, 32 does not.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    the leaked hollywood specs suggest there will be more ram than the 700w.
    Big difference between leaked and rumored. I believe those are rumored NOT leaked specs.
  8. #8  
    I'm so angry I drove my Jeep into a telephone pole, punched holes in my drywall, and set fire to all appliances in my house.
  9. #9  
  10. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    I'm so angry I drove my Jeep into a telephone pole, punched holes in my drywall, and set fire to all appliances in my house.
    I strangled a kitten by staring at it too hard.
  11. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl
    I strangled a kitten by staring at it too hard.
    that was not a kitten it was the black mitten you lost last winter,
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"

Posting Permissions