1.    #1  
    I am a teacher, and this is state testing week. I am watching freshman, and they have only one test out of 4 days, so I am babysitting. Today I brought my complete Mr. Bean collection and DVD player, only to discover I forgot the remote. Since the DVDs have several sets of shows, I could only play the first set from each of the 3 DVDs. So, I got an idea...

I remembered I had my card reader here since I was downloading some videos the other day to my card. I did some searching and found the Novii remote, which seemed to possibly be the best (free) for right now. I downloaded it and looked at the IR databases--no Apex. Another quick google located a database. Loaded it all to the card, popped it in. The app ran fine, but wouldn't find the database. I figured it must need it on the phone internal.

What to do next? Well, I remembered I had FileZ on my USB memory stick that I had never loaded, so it went on the card next. After figuring out how to use it, I moved the database file to the Palm internal.

Up to the player I went, phone in hand, and paused the show. The kids looked at me like I was a freakin' magician. Loved it. Now we can enjoy a few more shows!

Try that with your RAZR!
    Lol, we used to do that in high school with our HP calculators.

I had a room-mate my freshman year of college that really liked country music. He never did figure out why his stereo would die every time he tried to play Dixie Chicks.
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
    Quote Originally Posted by Midknight
    I had a room-mate my freshman year of college that really liked country music. He never did figure out why his stereo would die every time he tried to play Dixie Chicks.
    Funny, my sense of humanity's intrinsic goodness dies every time i hear the Dixie Chicks...
    Great story! Nerds rule!!
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    novii remote is free? since when? where (legally & honestly)?
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter
    novii remote is free? since when? where (legally & honestly)?
    Free for trial period only, read the op's post.
    i need novii remote so i can cut off my wife's dvd player for when she watches bill cosby for the 2000th time!
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    OK. Sorry. I re-read a couple of times before replying; a re-read now & I'm guessing that that was what was meant by "for right now". As opposed to free for right now.
  9.    #9  
    I went to their website directly, it had the download link. I really didn't read much except that it didn't have to be trained, which is what I needed. It did have a buy link, so I am sure I am under some sort of trial. I hopefully won't need it next time.

I did download a "classic" version, I think. There was a better one I didn't even look at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midknight
    Lol, we used to do that in high school with our HP calculators.

Lmao...I used to do the same thing in college, but I forgot what brand of calculator I had. There was a non-traditional student on my hall that was 30-some odd years, and watched kung-fu flicks all day with his room door open. We would turn his tv off every couple of minutes. He would bang on the side of his tv, unplug his VCR (this was in '95), it was hillarious!!! He would look at us and we would keep straight faces. He eventually closed his room door!

Too bad the IR port on the treo is a pos. You literally have to stand a foot away from the tv or dvd player in order for it to work!!!
    Last edited by 9thfloormaniac; 04/20/2006 at 03:18 PM.