Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Considering he's comparing the phones to the 650, what would you suggest he mention instead of the Treo? A Sidekick?
    Exactly.
    He was mentioning the fact that both devices were meant to be alternatives for Palm Treo. He also mentioned that even Treo700W is not compared to Treo650's ease of use and screen resolution (thanks to Palm OS and bright screen). Also he mentioned that it is hard to dial phone number for outgoing calls due to the fact that there are no hard buttons to dial. So you have to use screen each time to dial out or have to get keyboard out.
    I can understand his feeling since he was spoiled to Treo650 with PalmOS and have to use other WM based devices. He is not alone. We tried it too. And we are back to Treo650. It is really hard once you get hooked to excellent device, even with all shortcomings of it .
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhh....

teH Mean Ol' Munk hurt someones feelings...
    you *******
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    you *******
    dont u love his innocence.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    The great thing about Walt is that he is just ignorant enough to see things from a normal consumer's point of view. Either that, or he's a great actor.
    The other thing I'd say about him is he seems to be in tune with 273 other trade journalists.....I am beginning to wonder if they all ain't the same dude with 273 pen names and 273 post office boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Another first time poster with the only news report of an article by a NYT writer...WOW!!! Quit picking on Mr Short Bus.
    NYT ? I did see an article coming to almost the same conclusions in NYT.... well there and dozens of other places .... but doesn't the Mossdude write for the WSJ ?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    NYT ? I did see an article coming to almost the same conclusions in NYT.... well there and dozens of other places .... but doesn't the Mossdude write for the WSJ ?
    My bad Jack, I meant WSJ.
    Thot maybe he was traded for $600k and a journalist to be named later
    I looked at the PPC when I migrated from Nextel to Sprint. I just did not like the sliding keyboard. I'd have that thing broken in a month. The plastic is cheap feeling on the PPC also. Aesthetically, it looks like a pack of cigarettes. Then she showed me the Treo 650 which felt more sturdy. I didn't buy one because I didn't get to do my homework on the Treos and it would have been an impulse purchase...those always get me in trouble.

The way I see it both the Treo 700p and the PPC will be EV-DO and WiFi enabled. I'm leery of any Windows OS...they all have issues. I've owned two PDAs with older versions of Palm OS and liked them both.
    Out to dinner this evening I was shocked at the number of teens carrying their 6700's, keyboard extended and texting away. And I thought I was ahead of the curve....
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Out to dinner this evening I was shocked at the number of teens carrying their 6700's, keyboard extended and texting away. And I thought I was ahead of the curve....
    Say it ain't so. Can't they just be happy with their damn Sidekicks??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12