View Poll Results: What OS should Hollywood Run?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm OS

108 63.53%
  • Windows Mobile 5

45 26.47%
  • Both, using Palm BootCamp( just kidding)

17 10.00%
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Based on what I have seen of 700w, I would say Palm Os
    what are your thoughts?

Oh shall we suggest a solution called "Palm Boot Camp" allowing us to run both?
    If we were comparing Palm/Linux to WM5, I would have voted for Palm. However, the Hollywood is supposed to be Palm's entry ticket to the European market and given what has been said about that market -- it needs to be slimmer, no antenna and WM5.

I want Palm to be successful -- so if thats what this product needs to be in that market (at this point in time) -- then so be it. I personally prefer the PalmOS, but in this case -- the product needs to be WM5.

Cheers, Perry
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    If we were comparing Palm/Linux to WM5, I would have voted for Palm. However, the Hollywood is supposed to be Palm's entry ticket to the European market and given what has been said about that market -- it needs to be slimmer, no antenna and WM5.

I want Palm to be successful -- so if thats what this product needs to be in that market (at this point in time) -- then so be it. I personally prefer the PalmOS, but in this case -- the product needs to be WM5.

Cheers, Perry
    I tend to agree, and I think that is what cingular customers will get. We can hope for more useable memory if it has to be WM5. While we are dreaming, go ahead and add built in GPS program with preloaded maps.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    What if Sprint demanded 64MB SDRAM in their Treo 700W? What would Verizon users do? Class Action Suit?

Surur
    As excited as I am about the thought of a more svelte design, 3G and the possibility of getting a new Treo first in the UK. I grow more disheartened by the day as I come to the realisation that it will probably be WM5. My only hope is that Palm delay the device to launch it with their new OS.......
    .....like we have a choice?
    I think Perry is right. It will be a WM5 device, given the competition in that part of the world from numerous other WM5 smartphone devices. Hopefullly, they'll put on a full court press to compete against the Moto Q and Samsung i320; otherwise they're going to face some stiff competition for the slim keyboard market out there.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I don't agree with the "EUROPEAN" thing as in America Palm's only OS competition is WM 5 and Palm is a distributer of WM 5 so there's no competion there. Now form factor is another story.
    i want it to be palm becasue i love the palm os, but after using the ms mobile software, it needs to be ms to be successful
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    The GSM treo or equivalent should be WM5. I like it so much better than Palm OS.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Unless it is POS "with" a BB Connect solution that offers full calendar integration ( ability to invite people to meetings versus some Versamail garbage ) I will not be buying it. I am back to a BB 8700 and will not be pack to a Treo unless it is WM5.
    OS2 Warp
    Won't matter if we can all get our hands on this: http://www.grack.com/programming/misc/TreoLinux.html
    which will probably be done way before Palm or Access efforts realize any light of day.
    If we had a choice?...Palm
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    If we had a choice?...Palm
    have you heard any new developments for the pos?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    *walks in with baseball bat*

Ok....who voted for WM5?

What? What? Oh this? *points to bat* What? Jeeze! I just like to carry it around...what's so wrong with that?

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  17.    #17  
    I really sure hope its the palm OS.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Nothing. Let us install our own.
    Which Palm OS ?

Garnet ?
    Cobalt ?
    PalmInc Linux ?
    PalmSourceLinux ?

This dude seems convinced we'll see more than one OS.

http://blog.treonauts.com/

"I’ve been at CTIA in Las Vegas all week where I was obviously hoping that Palm would announce and show our new Treo 700p.....However, I am even more interested to learn about the forthcoming release of the next GSM Treo for Cingular in the US and Orange in Europe – both of which promise to be the ‘slim and slick’ anticipated “Hollywood” model – but unfortunately there has been absolutely no sight of this device to date. ......In the same vein, a GSM version of the Treo 700w possibly to be launched by Vodafone in Europe and Cingular in the US in the coming months are also highly anticipated."
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Nothing. Let us install our own.
    that would be an awesome choice and i could forsee 700 sales through the roof
    Naveen

Next Phone:
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast