View Poll Results: What OS should Hollywood Run?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm OS

108 63.53%
  • Windows Mobile 5

45 26.47%
  • Both, using Palm BootCamp( just kidding)

17 10.00%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamaDBrown
    If I know anything, it's probably protected information, and would thus be in the realm of my ever cryptic Magic 8-Ball, into which I feed all my knowledge for processing into vague, highly parsed, entirely legitimate reply bites. I'll ask it about the 700p.

The Magic 8-Ball replies "Outlook good. Ask again next month."

what color Hollywood you guys want? I can make one up in a couple of days...
    Quote Originally Posted by adrnHo
    what color Hollywood you guys want? I can make one up in a couple of days...
    You again?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I still don't see what the big deal is with all the secrecy about the 700p.
    They can't decide: (i) whether to go with 16, or a whopping 32 mb of RAM, and (ii) if the keys should be black on white or white on black.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I still don't see what the big deal is with all the secrecy about the 700p.
    I know what you mean, but lawyers usually take a stricter view of such things. Regardless of how stupid it may or may not be, or how much of an open secret something is, they can become quite fussy about confidentiality.
    I joined this forum and registered just to vote in this poll. My gf owns a Dopod 818 Pro w/ WM5 - which I have tweaked with - and I own both a Palm T|E2 and a T|X. It's a no-brainer to me: Palm OS/ALP for the upcoming Hollywood all the way.

I switched to Cingular last week (to save some $ with a fam plan), but still have service with Sprint for another month. I'm torn between staying with Sprint and ensuring myself of the 700p, or waiting for Hollywood hoping that it runs Palm OS/ALP. I am 50/50 as it stands right now. Decisions, decisions, decisions...
    Go with Sprint. You're not likely to get better hardware by waiting for a GSM Treo. And as an aside, it's highly unlikely that Palm Inc. is going to show any interest in using ALP, as it bears almost no resemblence to the existing Palm OS.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789