View Poll Results: What OS should Hollywood Run?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm OS

108 63.53%
  • Windows Mobile 5

45 26.47%
  • Both, using Palm BootCamp( just kidding)

17 10.00%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Well, that's even better now, isn't it. The only rumored Treo with a design difference doesn't exist? What is Brighthand doing this time - misdirection? Without the glitz factor, they can kiss off the Euro market. I just have trouble believing Palm isn't preparing the "Hollywood" unless they're going to but the HTC Star Trek for their Euro customers.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    wasn't brighthand the one with the treo 610 release in March of 2004 stories?

not that I believe or don't believe the story but the lost me with that one.
    'Scuse me, but I think we did alright with that. Yes, the release date was way off, but they usually are. As for the actual report, we nailed almost every detail of the T650, several months before anyone else had the information.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamaDBrown
    'Scuse me, but I think we did alright with that. Yes, the release date was way off, but they usually are. As for the actual report, we nailed almost every detail of the T650, several months before anyone else had the information.
    Hi AdamaDBrown !!

Do you have the specs and the release date on the 700P?

Cheers, Perry.
    I just don't get why this device can't be the rumored "hollywood". So maybe Palm never called it "hollywood". Who cares about the name? Everything about the device was speculated. Maybe it just isn't as great as people thought it might be. Perhaps the "hollywood" is just like the 700w sans antenna and slimmer. I find it convenient that all the nay-sayers have grabbed onto this one article and suddenly take it as fact, but when other articles say that they have "confirmed" sources (talking about the 700p here) that isn't enough.

If this device isn't the rumored "Hollywood", which was supposed to be a slimmer, antenna-less GSM palm phone (which is what this is) then I'm confused as to what it is. Again, isn't it possible that maybe the name "Hollywood" was made up by some source and that Palm never used that codename, or that they might be *gasp* saying that no such device exists, so as not to leak information? Would that be so far out of the rhelm of possibilities?

Just my 2 cents.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    The next revision of EVDO WILL allow voice and data at the same time.

Surur

Great! Now I can drive, talk on the phone, and browse the internet all at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Great! Now I can drive, talk on the phone, and browse the internet all at the same time.
    Haha. Safety first, right?

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Or for the ladies; talk, browse and put on make-up while driving down I-80 at 85MPH dodging the potholes.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Or for the ladies; talk, browse and put on make-up while driving down I-80 at 85MPH dodging the potholes.
    And some men too.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Dodging the men, or the men putting on makeup?

Remember... the 650 was called (but not released as) the "Ace".
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Are we talking about Rev. A or Rev. B? I remember reading something a while about about that, and you just reminded me, but I can't remember what Rev. it was. Also, Treo hardware would have to be capable of working with these revisions as well. We can only hope that Palm planned ahead with that. As with everything, in time we shall see, and hope Palm doesn't further disappoint us.
    CDMA2000 EV-DO Revision B Standard to be Published in First Quarter of 2006
    Evolution to EV-DO Revision B Further Enhances the CDMA2000 Roadmap while Preserving Existing Investments

HONG KONG, Nov. 16, 2005 (PRIMEZONE) -- The CDMA Development Group (CDG) (www.cdg.org) today announced that the standard for CDMA2000 EV-DO Revision B is on schedule to be published in the first quarter of 2006. Revision B is a further enhancement to the CDMA2000 standard and significantly increases the data throughput up to 73.5 Mbps in the forward link and 27 Mbps in the reverse link by dynamically allocating multiple radio frequency (RF) carriers across wider frequency blocks.

In addition to supporting mobile broadband data and OFDM-based multicasting, the lower latency characteristics of Revision B will improve the performance of delay-sensitive applications such as voice over Internet protocol (VoIP), push-to-talk over cellular, video telephony, concurrent voice and multimedia and massive multiplayer online gaming. Since many IP-based applications are real-time in nature, the standard will also support interactive voice communications simultaneously with data sessions and extend the battery life of mobile devices. Revision B will preserve past investments by being compatible with CDMA2000 1X, 1xEV-DO Release 0 and 1xEV-DO Revision A.
    http://www.evdoinfo.com/The_News/Lat...d_20051117626/

Surur
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    What is Brighthand doing this time - misdirection?
    Wow, that's really reaching.

I can't imagine why you might say this. By using the words "this time" makes me wonder what us Brighthanders have done to you in the past.

Scoob
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie10
    Wow, that's really reaching.

I can't imagine why you might say this. By using the words "this time" makes me wonder what us Brighthanders have done to you in the past.

Scoob
    Hi Scoobie10!

What is the Brighthand take on the Sprint Treo 700P, specs and release date? Did the source that torpedo'd the Hollywood have anything to help us with this?

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Scoobie10!

What is the Brighthand take on the Sprint Treo 700P, specs and release date? Did the source that torpedo'd the Hollywood have anything to help us with this?

Cheers, Perry.

I'm not privy to the source by any means. Sadly, I don't have any more info then you. I've been thinking about the Treo for some time now (currently have a TX & a LifeDrive) so I've been lurking for several months. When I saw this had posted over on BH, I decided link up with you guys.

Scoob
    i kind of like the new design. i am hoping that this new hollywood, (750w?) is a 3g device with video conferencing feature like the htc hermes
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    i kind of like the new design. i am hoping that this new hollywood, (750w?) is a 3g device with video conferencing feature like the htc hermes
    Funny you should mention 750W, that is what the cingular rep called it, although he knows less about cell phones than my 16 year old daughter. According to him, cingular may stop selling the treo so I should buy an 8125 today.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Funny you should mention 750W, that is what the cingular rep called it, although he knows less about cell phones than my 16 year old daughter. According to him, cingular may stop selling the treo so I should buy an 8125 today.
    That's a good one. As much as I love my 8125, I just have to LMAO at a lame attempt to sell you what he has in stock. Never let them leave the store wihtout a phone/contract in hand.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    That's a good one. As much as I love my 8125, I just have to LMAO at a lame attempt to sell you what he has in stock. Never let them leave the store wihtout a phone/contract in hand.
    Too bad the Cingular store I visited didn't even want to talk to me.

For a short period of time, I was considering leaving Sprint. Crazy thoughts. Just crazy thoughts.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    I wish Palm/Cingular would hurry up and demand that the pics are pulled so we know that it's real!

(Should I have said that?)
    So this is how they chose to confirm:

Rumored "Hollywood" Treo Doesn't Exist

Thanks, Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    If I know anything, it's probably protected information, and would thus be in the realm of my ever cryptic Magic 8-Ball, into which I feed all my knowledge for processing into vague, highly parsed, entirely legitimate reply bites. I'll ask it about the 700p.

The Magic 8-Ball replies "Outlook good. Ask again next month."
    I still don't see what the big deal is with all the secrecy about the 700p.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast