View Poll Results: What OS should Hollywood Run?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm OS

108 63.53%
  • Windows Mobile 5

45 26.47%
  • Both, using Palm BootCamp( just kidding)

17 10.00%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Gee Arch - sorry I didn't give you the requisite props. However, we were talking about the topic of this thread (what OS should it have),,,

and, you've had one on your desk for some time now...

and, you told another user in the 8125 streaming problem thread you were a tester with Microsoft...

so, maybe, just maybe, you had a little bit of an advantage, and not just a clairvoyant moment?
    Busted!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Actually, from the viewpoint of his objective (fuzzy, but clear enough to show that it was the real deal) he did a fine job.

LOL

Cheers, Perry.
    I'll take it from your LOL that you're joking. Right?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo

Sorta.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    You got to give the guy props for sharing info with a relatively cranky group. I didn't mind the pic at all.
    I ain't a-sharing my bobbin' Jessica pics, so don't ask!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I ain't a-sharing my bobbin' Jessica pics, so don't ask!
    I already downloded them at Munkhead.com. BTW, you might want to look into a hair-removal program.
    Quote Originally Posted by awggie
    using a smartphone camera (it's all i have to use)... so focusing is difficult.

here are a couple more:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...gie/img002.jpg
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...gie/img003.jpg

that and, if it were more focused, you could read the engraved serial number at the top... which could really get me in trouble.
    drool
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    meh! WM sucks.

700P ...hurry up!
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    meh! WM sucks.

700P ...hurry up!

If you read Andrew's wording on the Hollywood pictures at www.treonauts.com -- he quotes Ed C as saying that Palm will issue all Treo hardware versions in both OS flavors. I like that idea, but thats the first I have heard of it.

If so, does that mean that the Hollywood(p) would still have the 320x320 screen vs. what was said here as 240x240 for the Hollywood(w)?

The plot thickens !!

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/19/2006 at 05:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Sigh. Palm's taking this Treo design a bit too far. Where's the imagination. It looks like just another blackberry
    It looks like just another Treo, which is good! Others have had two plus years to copy the 600/650/700 design but (to my way of seeing things at least) none have really come close. A bit thinner, internal antenna, that's about all the fixing of something that ain't broke that I'd like to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I may be slimmer, but where's the glitz like the ultra-thin Samsung i320 or Moto Q?
    Not much thin-glitz but a *real* battery? Which would you rather have, thin and pretty or fat and useful?
    So you guys think this is legit? I don't. If it *is* real, Palm's lack of creativity truly amazes me.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    awggie, Thanks for posting the pics and info. A couple more qus.

Standard SD cards?

Any indication of HSDPA?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    Not much thin-glitz but a *real* battery? Which would you rather have, thin and pretty or fat and useful?

2nd vote for fat and useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    So you guys think this is legit? I don't. If it *is* real, Palm's lack of creativity truly amazes me.

Hi Scott R !!

You say poe ta toe
    I say pa tah toe

Do I think it is legit? Yes, for the very reason you think it lacks creativity. I want a PDA combined with a phone. Any smaller and you lose the PDAness. The Treo has always been about compromises between size, power, battery life, function (phone vs. PDA) et cetera. Thinner? When they come up with a 12 hour Lithium Ion battery the size of a cheez-it, then maybe we can go there. Palm has always stressed function over pretty -- and you now line up the 700W, 700P rumors/pics, and now these Hollywood rumor/pics and you see consistent thinking in form and function on three sibling products. Fuzzy pictures and all, they screamed "legit" because of how it fit with what we think we know.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    So you guys think this is legit? I don't.
    There seem to be quite a few differences between the posted pics and the pics of the 700 on the Palm site. Lack of antenna, QWERTY key and case colours, shape of menu buttons, markings on D-pad, menu and phone buttons, shape of casing around the screen, etc. Not saying this couldn't all be faked, and some of the differences could just be down to lighting (or my imagination!), but there's enough to have me pretty much convinced.
    If this is real, and the design unchanged much from the older treo's, what does that say about the purple Treo Lowrider pictures we saw earlier. Is that real too? I'm starting to guess it is

Surur
    If this is real, and the design unchanged much from the older treo's, what does that say about the purple Treo Lowrider pictures we saw earlier. Is that real too? I'm starting to guess it is

Surur
    I missed those. Link?

Or are we talking the "Street Job" on the 650 that was posted?

Surur
    the D-Pad looks slightly differently shaped than the current 700w, which is one of the slight modifications across models that the blue sparkler lacked. I like it alot. I love to know if its just UMTS 1900 or what bands its covers. It also be nice to know a bit more about the memory setup, RAM/ROM/NOR/NAND amounts
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I believe Hollywood and Lowrider are real. Now we just need Sprint to pick this Hollywood ASAP. I'm hoping against hope that Sprint passed up on the 700w exclusivity because they wanted to skip the 700 and secure the CDMA exclusivity on this.

In reality, I think this will show up on GSM this summer and Sprint early next year. I'll also want to see what HTC crams into the 6800 before upgrading.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.