View Poll Results: What OS should Hollywood Run?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm OS

108 63.53%
  • Windows Mobile 5

45 26.47%
  • Both, using Palm BootCamp( just kidding)

17 10.00%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I have an MDA Pro, and I find logmein works perfectly fine over UMTS. I dont worry about the lack of WIFI anymore. This device is an adequate current tech device, but it better be cheap, because it does not have any of the advanced features other devices sport e.g. good 2 megapixel cameras, WIFI, or even simple features such as video conferencing.

Surur
    Cool shots. Much better than that hacked up 650 parading around as a hollywood...
    Quote Originally Posted by awggie
    cute...

unfortunately, i'm covered by an NDA (non disclosure agreement).. so i cant post anything online, or it's my job.
    Pretty lax NDA.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    Ummm... let's not forget who was really first here!
    ????

I was #7 - which one were you archie?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    ????

I was #7 - which one were you archie?

Archie must be referring to a post in another thread that pre-dates this one. Gotta link there buddy?

Cheers, Perry.
    Holy crappy pictures, Batman.

Could you smear some vaseline over your lens, turn the lights down and jump up and down while taking some more pics? They might come out a little clearer.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Holy crappy pictures, Batman.

Could you smear some vaseline over your lens, turn the lights down and jump up and down while taking some more pics? They might come out a little clearer.
    Actually, from the viewpoint of his objective (fuzzy, but clear enough to show that it was the real deal) he did a fine job.

LOL

Cheers, Perry.
    More on topic...

I was interested in Hollywood, but by the looks of those pictures, it's a 650 with the antennae pulled. I may be slimmer, but where's the glitz like the ultra-thin Samsung i320 or Moto Q? And again, no WiFi (big surprise there).
    I was not anticipating anything startlingly slim. Given the 700W specs and supposed 700P pics/specs -- these pictures and specs seem totally in line. Did anyone, really, expect Hollywood to be that much different than it's siblings? Actually, this is probably just reverse sour grapes on my part -- I would have been totally jealous if the Hollywood had been a Treo in Razr's clothing. Now, I do not have to be so jealous.

Ya, I know, totally self absorbed. Sorry.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Archie must be referring to a post in another thread that pre-dates this one. Gotta link there buddy?

Cheers, Perry.
    ummm... yeh!

Here is one from the beginning of this year:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=77

Here is one from the beginning of LAST year:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=21

There are plenty more if you search and many threads with my explanation of why it would be this way... but no one would listen. And actually, in some of those threads, I specifically remember addressing you Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I "might" be watching Jessica Alba's head bobbing up and down between my legs.
    Funniest post of the day!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    ummm... yeh!

Here is one from the beginning of this year:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=77

Here is one from the beginning of LAST year:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=21

There are plenty more if you search and many threads with my explanation of why it would be this way... but no one would listen. And actually, in some of those threads, I specifically remember addressing you Perry.
    I will have my 700P. . . . . .
    Here is another one:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...47&postcount=3

Just do a search. Put my name in and search for things like Hollywood, Microsoft, Windows, Mobile or whatever. You will find that I called this as far back as 2 years ago.
    QUOTE FROM THE ABOVE LINK: Palm may eventually release some other Palm OS based Treo as 2006 runs it's course but it will not offer anything that the 650 doesn't already have because their budget just isn't putting any money into those right now. It might be something like a Treo 650 Special Addition with an included charging base, a carrying case and maybe another 32MBs of memory squeezed into it or something like that but don't expect much. Infact, knowing how Palm works, I would actually expect less.

You missed by a little there, though:

Finally, let’s see what has surfaced about the specifications of the new Treo 700p:

Runnning PalmOS Garnet v5.4.9
    1.2MP Camera (1280x1024)
    Bluetooth v1.2
    pTunes, SprintTV, Documents to Go 8 all in ROM
    Blazer 4.5
    64MB Memory with 54MB User-Available
    320x320 screen
    FAT32 driver support (to use SD Cards larger than 2GB)
    EVDO Radio (High Speed Wireless Data 400–700kbps)
    Can receive call while using 1xEvDo, but cannot call and browse at the same time (limitation of 1xEvDo)
    New web like picture album interface, new facelift for album and picture application
    Menu button moved to bottom left shift spot
    SharkMsg-like “SMS after call” functionality
    Flashing ‘Alerts’ asterix replaced by little golden bell icon
    Green button is Call Answer button, Phone button for Contacts
    New "fast mode" in Blazer
    No WiFi drivers installed and no ability to test a WiFi SD card
    Very large new DbCache of over 10MB for a _much_ speedier user experience
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    QUOTE FROM THE ABOVE LINK: Palm may eventually release some other Palm OS based Treo as 2006 runs it's course but it will not offer anything that the 650 doesn't already have because their budget just isn't putting any money into those right now. It might be something like a Treo 650 Special Addition with an included charging base, a carrying case and maybe another 32MBs of memory squeezed into it or something like that but don't expect much. Infact, knowing how Palm works, I would actually expect less.

You missed by alittle here, though.
    What makes you say that?
    What makes you say that?
    What I added to post 79.
    Here is another one:

Just do a search. Put my name in and search for things like Hollywood, Microsoft, Windows, Mobile or whatever. You will find that I called this as far back as 2 years ago.
    archie, do you have an inferiority complex? Did your mom not hug you enough when you were a kid? Everyone tell archie what a genius he is please so he can get past this. You da king archie!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Come spoon with me, Archie! I might even give you a reach around.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    archie, do you have an inferiority complex? Did your mom not hug you enough when you were a kid? Everyone tell archie what a genius he is please so he can get past this. You da king archie!
    Yes. I'll take what I can get.
    Here is another one:

Gee Arch - sorry I didn't give you the requisite props. However, we were talking about the topic of this thread (what OS should it have),,,

and, you've had one on your desk for some time now...

and, you told another user in the 8125 streaming problem thread you were a tester with Microsoft...

so, maybe, just maybe, you had a little bit of an advantage, and not just a clairvoyant moment?