View Poll Results: What OS should Hollywood Run?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm OS

108 63.53%
  • Windows Mobile 5

45 26.47%
  • Both, using Palm BootCamp( just kidding)

17 10.00%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Sigh. Palm's taking this Treo design a bit too far. Where's the imagination. It looks like just another blackberry

Surur
    while i may agree with you... i have to say i like this design BY FAR more than the 700....

it's not MUCH different, but it's enough to make it feel better in your hand.

plus it's lighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Slick !!

I think the Cingular folks are going to be happy.
    Not with the Whopping Migraine 5 on it.

But if the Treonauts dude is "on", could be that dual release in the works.

http://blog.treonauts.com/ (scroll to bottom)

"I’ve been at CTIA in Las Vegas all week where I was obviously hoping that Palm would announce and show our new Treo 700p.

Alas there was no official announcement and I didn’t get a chance to play with one but there were nonetheless ‘trusted sources’ that categorically stated an announcement date to be made by Palm and Sprint on Monday, May 15 – just a little over 5 weeks away…

This also overlaps closely with the previous rumours that claimed an actual commercial availability date of May 28.....

However, I am even more interested to learn about the forthcoming release of the next GSM Treo for Cingular in the US and Orange in Europe – both of which promise to be the ‘slim and slick’ anticipated “Hollywood” model – but unfortunately there has been absolutely no sight of this device to date. The GSM version is important for me because Sprint’s Treo 700p will be CDMA and thus unable to provide international roaming for Treonauts traveling to most countries outside the US including Europe and Asia.

In the same vein, a GSM version of the Treo 700w possibly to be launched by Vodafone in Europe and Cingular in the US in the coming months are also highly anticipated."
    NOW does anyone believe me?

Thank you awwgie
    Maybe it looks better with better pictures. Why dont you put a post-it over the serial number and take a better pic? When is this device estimated to launch? And MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW MUCH RAM HAS IT GOT!!! (not storage, program memory)

Surur
    lol, you're very welcome..

as a side note, i believe i'm going to actually take the pics down from my post...

if you want a copy to post of your own accord, PM me, we'll see what we can work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Maybe it looks better with better pictures. Why dont you put a post-it over the serial number and take a better pic? When is this device estimated to launch? And MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW MUCH RAM HAS IT GOT!!! (not storage, program memory)

Surur

the only camera i have here is a phone camera, i cant get it to focus any better.

also, see my previous post.

RE RAM: i believe only 64MB...
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I feel like this train left without me - I was second (right behind Perry) to say WM5.
    Ummm... let's not forget who was really first here!
    BTW, where is the Video Conferencing camera? mmmmmmmmmmm

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    BTW, where is the Video Conferencing camera? mmmmmmmmmmm

Surur

none that i see...
    For a large 3G UMTS device in Europe, thats not going to fly.

Surur
    i was similarly perplexed by the lack of video-telephony camera... *shrug*

only thing i can think of is that the HW may change before release
    Quote Originally Posted by awggie
    the only camera i have here is a phone camera, i cant get it to focus any better.

Thats real ram, not storage ram? If you go start>settings>system>memory what exact numbers do you see on the screen?

Surur
    my bad.

storage:
    total: 65.81

Program:
    Total: 48.8
    Quote Originally Posted by awggie

Your backgrounds have been in focus, back up alittle. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Brilliant!!! Thats the industry standard 128MB flash 64MB RAM!! Who says Palm does not learn from their mistakes!!! Thanks for the info. I'm happy now

Now for the more minor stuff. Does it have WIFI, and how many megapixel is the camera? How fast is the processor? I assume the screen is the usual 240x240?

Surur
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. Glad you went on the board instead of just a PM to me.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    With the info posted here now I may just wait and see what the Hollytwood season holds before I jump to the 8125 or move over to the 6700. I would have liked POS, but was considering going to the dark side anyway.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    300MHZ clock speed. havent found any WIFI settings yet, so i'm going to guess no.

camera = 1.3 MP at highest res. screen is 240x240
    now you see the power of the dark side... *best darth vader voice*
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast