1.    #1  
    A 700W user may be able to answer this question. Does EVDO allow wireless synch?
    Wireless synching of data is a software issue. EVDO is a fast connection that would certainly facilitate the process, but it is dependent on the software rather than the speed of the connection. The 700w offers Activesynch which is a MS feature. The 700p will likely not have this same functionality out of the box, although various add on software applications might meet you needs.
    650 currently offers activesync via versamail. I think 700p will have the same function.
    activesync only,
    not with directpush. This is a feature of service pack 2 for exchange server and at this point its only possable for windows moble 5 operating systems
    Taken from thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...d.php?t=100595 but would apply:

Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    I use hotsync ota regularly on my sprint 650. Here is an old thread that still works http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...net+hotsync+udp. I copied these steps from another post and saved them as a outlook note file for future reference. I take no credit someone did a nice job of describing the setup but I can't find the post now. So be sure to set the hotsync manager on your desktop to do nothing for backup and make sure to set that as the default or it will backup anyways. That takes a very long time. I went to Options in the Treo's hotsync program and set the conduits to sync only calendar, contacts, memo's, and tasks. Makes the hotsync much quicker and this is the only data I need updated throughout the day.

OTA Hotsync

Setup Phone
    Click on the HotSync icon
    Go to Options -> Modem Sync Preferences and choose Network
    Go to Options -> LanSync Preferences and choose Local HotSync
    Go to Options -> Primary PC Address.
    Set Primary PC Name to !!
    Set Primary PC Address to your WAN IP address
    Leave Subnet Mask blank
    Go to Options -> Connection Setup, highlight Direct Serial and tap Done

Setup Computer
    Right-click the HotSync icon in the system tray and choose Setup
    Click the Network tab
    Make sure the profile you want to sync is checked
    Click the TCP/IP Settings and make sure that your correct IP address is chosen. If you only have one network adapter (in most cases) this option will be grayed out.
    Leave Subnet Mask blank and click OK
    Click OK again to close the Setup dialog window
    Right-click the HotSync icon in the system tray and make sure Network has a checkmark next to it

Setup Router/Firewall
    Forward TCP port 14237 to your LAN IP address
    Forward UDP port 14238 to your LAN IP address
    Forward TCP port 14238 to your LAN IP address
    My laptop is bluetooth enabled. It should be able to sync with any bluetooth enabled device....say like the new Treo 700p I'm going to buy in 47 days? Or am I confused again?

BTW...I asked the Sprint Rep at my friendly neighborhood Sprint Store how I could get the discounted 'new activation' price for my 700p. She said that I would need to activate a new phone number on my account, assign that number to my relatively cheesy Samsung camera phone, then reassign my primary number to the 700p. Anyone else talk to Sprint about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jkiper
    My laptop is bluetooth enabled. It should be able to sync with any bluetooth enabled device....say like the new Treo 700p I'm going to buy in 47 days? Or am I confused again?

BTW...I asked the Sprint Rep at my friendly neighborhood Sprint Store how I could get the discounted 'new activation' price for my 700p. She said that I would need to activate a new phone number on my account, assign that number to my relatively cheesy Samsung camera phone, then reassign my primary number to the 700p. Anyone else talk to Sprint about this?
    Yes, that's SOP for a phone discount with out a contract rebate - open a new line of service. Then you can swap phones between lines.

And yes, your laptop should talk to your Treo - I do it, but the cable is faster.
    Thanks BubbaTex. I will probably sacrifice the few extra seconds to sync my newTreo with my laptop as I HATE cables. I'm a wireless kinda guy..mostly because my dogs are large, active and they like to chew cables.

I'm anxiously waiting for the 700p, which will be my first pdaphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkiper
    Thanks BubbaTex. I will probably sacrifice the few extra seconds to sync my newTreo with my laptop as I HATE cables. I'm a wireless kinda guy..mostly because my dogs are large, active and they like to chew cables.

I'm anxiously waiting for the 700p, which will be my first pdaphone.
    I can fully understand - it really makes sense if BT is built in to your laptop. Really, it is only like 30-40 seconds slower for my sync. My BT is not built-in. I bought a dongle just to play with it, but I typically use my S&C cable while I am working so the phone is charging - hey, might as well sync!

I just bought my 650 3 weeks ago. I am with Sprint and I got a great deal off of eBay by opening a new line of service. I knew that I would spend probably $200+ on sw and accessories, so I decided to get the 650 now (cheap!) and then wait until next year to upgrade - I am not an early adopter!

Anyway - I look forward to hearing from you once you have it. If you snoop around the web - you will see 'bubbatex' on other Treo and/or Sprint related forums. But I really like the expertise here!