Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Alright, so the story is I went from carrying just a Treo 650 to a 650 and a Samsung a950, then a 9800 and a 650 to finally a 9800 and an HP iPaq. Now I like both POS and WM, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. My big ueses for each is internet, mail and reading ebooks. Now with the WM device I can play Atomic Cannon, Age of Empires and Sim City 2000, also I can use both MS Reader and eReader, the down side is I have to use bluetooth and pair up the devices, which for me will only get 14.4 speeds.

Now the 650 on the other had can read the eReader books but I have to go through alot to convered my 150 megs of MS Reader books to eReader format. There aren't really any games anymore that I play alot on the 650, just not as good as WM, I can also stream XM when I am at home on my Network, big plus. The Treo can do web well, for the most part, and I also use Chatter.

I have come to the point where I think I will always carry two phones cause I can't ever find one phone that will do all I want, so getting rid of my 9800 is out, I actually use it, and I use it alot. I kind of miss the web on my Treo, though PocketIE is far superior. Most people will tell me to just sell the Treo and iPaq and buy something like the 6700 or the 700w, I guess thats an option. I just like bouncing thoughts and what not off the well educated people here on T|C.

Thanks for anyone's thoughts and opinions
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I would have to agree with most people and say the 6700 seems to meet the majority of your needs. Not sure on the 700, I have one on loan for a couple of days to play with and not wowed over yet, not a bad device, just not wowed.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I wish I knew more about the call quality and such with the 6700, I have used so many PDA phones in the past that had horrid call quality and terrible battery life, I am a heavy heavy user, thats why I have always had two devices. I would love to only have one but, hey you know how that works,
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I did go back to carrying my Treo 650, I am carrying my 9800 and Treo 650. There are just certain things that the Treo 650 does that are hard to duplicate on other devices, today I learned of new things like playing Duke Nukem 3D! I forgot how useful Chatter was and just how much I liked how easy things were on my Treo 650. I wonder though how many people who have a 650 try something else and end up going back to the 650 cause it just does what it needs to do! I don't even have any real crashes anymore. It just runs well, so who has gone through this before? C'mon Anybody?
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

Me. I went from a Treo 650 to an MDA to a Blackberry and back to a new Treo 650 because my wife has my old Treo 650 and loves it. The Treo serves my needs. It works. It's simple. It makes me happy to use it, compared to the Blackberry that just sort of sits there and brood, thinking malignant thoughts.

The big brown truck is bringing me a brand new unlocked unbranded GSM Treo 650, a new bluetooth headset, Boxwave skin, and screen protectors. I can't wait.
    Tasty,

Where did you buy your unlocked Treo and how much did you pay, if you dont mind me asking?
    Sim City on wm5???? where are thou?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    Sim City on wm5???? where are thou?
    You can get it on any of the software sites, pocketgear, handango, etc.

It's a ported version of Sim City 2000, which IIRC, will integrate with the PC version
    Last edited by Insertion; 04/17/2006 at 10:08 PM. Reason: friggin' grammar sucks!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I also had Age of Empires for PPC, it was great, good games and they actually played well on Pocket PC! Like Insertion said, pocketgear, handango, and sites like that.... They are pretty cheap too like $20 bucks or something. Enjoy!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

biscuit141,

I just went to Amazon and got it there. If you do the Froogle thing (or check the usual Treo websites including our own glorious Treocentral) you'll find the prices all around the same place -- high $500's. I think the Palm site has a deal where you get more or less the same price but get some accessories thrown in.

If I recall correctly, the Treo plus the Palm bluetooth headset plus shipping minus a $30 credit for using an Amazon Visa card and it came in at about $607.67, more or less exactly on the dot and I'm highly confident of that number because I just looked at the shipping confirmation.

Around here (L. A.) you can get an unlocked Cingular Treo 650 for a little south of $500 at all of the mom and pop multi-carrier wireless stores but silly me I'd pay more not to see the Cingular logo and splash screen.

I bought my first unlocked/unbranded GSM Treo 650 from Amazon too. My wife has that one now. I figured it was worth a few extra bucks to buy from a reliable place where there would be no guff if I needed to send it back.

My bluetooth Palm headset comes from one of the Amazon Zshops as part of the bargain. I had that headset before and liked it but I lost the stupid thing. It's too small. Wireless headsets need a bungee cord or lanyard on them so you don't lose them.

I just ordered up new Boxwave flexiskins or whatever they're called, straight from Boxwave. The one on my old Treo is ripping and needs to be replaced. It has done a stellar job of keeping my Treo scratch-free. Also it helps keep the Treo snugly in any pocket. I got one for my wife's Treo and one for mine.

Also a three-pack of screen protectors. The price is ghastly for a small piece of plastic but I replace them every 3 months or so and they are beaten to death and I'm glad I didn't do that to the Treo's screen. Straight from Boxwave.

That's my purchase. Warmed up the old credit card and now I can't wait for the UPS truck to arrive.
    duke nukem 3d on POS? Or did I mis-read that?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    No you didn't miss read that, look in the PalmOS apps on here, there is a thread in there all about it. You have to run UDMH for it to work and sometimes it does cause the Treo to crash, and I tend to reset it after playing it, but it does work, and it plays smooth as glass for me, codes and all, I actually own the full version and thats what I got on there its great!!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    biscuit141,

Also a three-pack of screen protectors. The price is ghastly for a small piece of plastic but I replace them every 3 months or so and they are beaten to death and I'm glad I didn't do that to the Treo's screen. Straight from Boxwave.
    What I did was purchase a single screen protector for a tablet pc at pocketpctechs for about $60. It was a lot of $$ at the time, but I thought about the long term. The screen protector was about the size of a letter-size piece of paper. Sounds like a lot, but if you cut them down yourself, you'll have lots of extra material left to make screen protectors for your future phones, gadgets and such. It's definitely cheaper than having to shell out $25-$30 for screen protectors for each phone.

Bill