Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I am looking at mRing because there are too many reports of Ringo causing resets. If anyone knows a better one, please post.

is ringo the same as ringPRO? I have heard that ringpro does have a conflict with treogaurd, but since I don't know how useful treogaurd is so I don't know whether it's worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt
    something for watching downloaded videos from the internet ( like short clips from some websites),
    TCPMP, its free

a backup app,
    I use BackupMan, its great

uninstaller app
    I use Uninstall Manager

and make volume increase possible
    VolumeCare.....

maybe zlauncher
    Ive tried, and purchased, a couple different launchers and I use Zlauncher, it rocks.

the locker app for locking the everyday background apps into the rom
    This you can do for free by making a custom ROM which is pretty simple with the new tool(s)

I expect to pay $10-$25 for Palm apps. They really arent that expensive.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  3.    #23  
    your right they aren't that expensive by themselves, but I love gadgets so I would be the type of person to get saftware that will let my turn the treo into a tv remote, even though I would only use it once a month or less. I just bought one of those cd's off ebay ( like $7 ) that has alot of apps and ringers, some are trials and some are full versions.....but zlauncher is one of them. I will be looking into all these programs so that I can get the right one, and with the members on this site helping, I am sure I won't get something that causes massive unstability or incompatibility with other apps.

I did look at the mring and it does the same stuff as ring pro, but I haven't heard about a compatibility issue with other apps.

I haven't yet been able to even read my instruction manual, college finals this week, but my 4gb card comes in tomorrow and my hard case ( from the palm website) comes in friday, for now I have a leather case that covers almost every part of the phone.

thanks for all the help, and please keep the info coming. If you have an app that you think is cool, or really helpful please let me know, so I can look at it.
    I found TMP! One question, do you have to use the Palm calender to enter info? Please tell me no!!
    That depends. Does TMP use the built-in PIM data?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I found TMP! One question, do you have to use the Palm calender to enter info? Please tell me no!!

You enter eveyrhting directly into TMP or your desktop app of choice.....Palm Desktop, Outlook, ACT, Organizer, Notes, etc...whatever you normally use.
    I owe you one, Jack!! It's a great program with less overhead than Agendus. Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt
    but my 4gb card comes in tomorrow and my hard case ( from the palm website) comes in friday, for now I have a leather case that covers almost every part of the phone.
    Ehhhh, to get your 4gb card to work you will have to install the "new" SD driver which requires building a custom ROM. Actually, did anyone ever get that working?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I owe you one, Jack!! It's a great program with less overhead than Agendus. Thanks!
    Figures....I was in Chicago in July and would be in a position to collect ... this July's convention is in "Bahs-ton".

Now if we can only get Simon to tackle the Contacts and memos in a similar manner !
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12