View Poll Results: Have you Dropped your Treo?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never dropped

14 14.14%
  • Dropped but OK

32 32.32%
  • Dropped and scratched

40 40.40%
  • Dropped and damaged

6 6.06%
  • Dropped and destroyed

4 4.04%
  • Dropped but in case or skin

16 16.16%
  • Almost dropped...

9 9.09%
  • Thrown agains wall or floor

3 3.03%
  • Still in box

0 0%
  • Other

1 1.01%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Taking a survey here to see what people were doing when they dropped their Treo. I think the Treo could use some optimization of it's form factor (soap bar type) so it does not slip out of ones hand so easily.

I have dropped mine a coule of times before I added a "strap", now it's almost 100% drop proof.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    When I use to have my Treo, I dropped it and lost the SD card (Free 512MB SD card) that Sprint gave me.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    I credit e-grips and nevrr having used a holster for the never dropped vote.
    i once dropped it at blockbuster while trying to fish my fiance's ringing phone out of my purse for him.

other than that its fallen several times like off the couch or bed because my dog'll jump up and accidentally kick it or something
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    That's why toughskin was made.
    I need to be able to fill out more options! i bought a used Treo600 in November and within a week I dropped it. The antena broke but the phone was under warranty and my service provider replaced it.

I have a 2nd cell phone, one for my job and I had it leaning on my screen, and it left a mark on my screen, like a magnetic spot.

I continually drop my 600. My friends say I would be a great person to test durability as I tend to drop my phones a lot! When I finally move up to my 700w (if I do) I am getting a leather case for it!

Anyway, I dropped it all the time, and it is still ticking.....though, I am not sure I am going to ever be able to sell it when I no longer need it!
    Craig M.
    Former Treo600 User
    No Longer Using a Treo, but Checking the Forums for Updates and such!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    mine took a terrible fall while I was getting out my friends suv. the sucker flew out of my jacket onto the pavment, where I heard an awful crash.
    it still works but the nav pad is slower now and the sd card is no longer recognized by the treo.
    nauseating. but I'm insured so the replacement will hopefully arrive this wednesday. I'm now in the market for a tough, durable case with an optional strap, because this last drop truly sucked.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I drop my Treo(650) I'm guessing once every 3 weeks or so. Most of the time it just gets knocked off my bed. I did drop it on concrete once, though. I felt a fear that must be akin to what a parent feels as their kid gets ran over by a mack truck

Suprisingly though, my treo was fine. There weren't even any noticable scratches.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I have not dropped yet, but probably will soon now that I've said that. I just hope it's on carpet.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I drop mine way too much.
    Asphalt pavement 2 - 3 times.
    Concrete 2 - 3 times also.
    It isn't the soap bar shape that's the issue for me, it's my shirt pocket when I lean over (pretty dump on my part).
    I do not use a case or skin. When it drops, it drops hard. I am pretty impressed with the durability of my 650.
    Just call me Berd.
    I fear concrete/pavement and long distance drops like VW2002's the most!! I see some people say their Treo is OK after these types of drops, but I don't want to risk it. I keep mine in a protected spot most of the time. And I could never carry it in my jacket!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    let me tell you, I was george castanza for a moment that day. something along the lines of..."serenity now!!" were emitted, along with a few more colorful choice words. I'm looking at a magnesium case, toughskin or palm 3202w hard case for the new phone. no messing around anymore.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I have a Treo 650, I have a Body Glove case on it, by far the best invesment i have done, i dropped the phone on the concrete and not one single scartch, i was amazed at how well these cases (that fit like a glove) worked. Youcouldnt even notice a scratch on the case itself. =)~
    I dropped mine and, attempting to ease the fall with my foot, inadvertently kicked it as well. It landed on the asphalt and scuffed up a bit but still doing fine... JTYSK.
    Nonobeez How did you add a "strap" to your Treo without using a case or skin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I have not dropped yet, but probably will soon now that I've said that. I just hope it's on carpet.
    This is why I'm not voting..
    body glove case here too. no wear showing.
  18.    #18  
    interesting.... 20% had their Treo protected. 25% scratched their Treo and were probably upset, 25% got lucky and one threw their Treo... I a fit or rage I assume.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I drop my electronics alot too. Its scrached all over.
    When I had a sony ericsson I could buy a new shell, I can't with this. Anyone know who sells or makes them?
    Anyway, its alot ALOT sturdier than palms. I had a 515 & a T3 before, once they fall flat on a floor even once, the screen cracks. And it costs as much as the unit to replace.
    I am very surprised how durable the treo's screen is. Its as sturdy as a regular SE phone!
    I was horseback riding and dropped my phone trying to answer at a gallop (I've since mastered this trick.) The phone was in a metal case and in perfect shape after crashing onto an asphalt sidewalk...go figure.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast