View Poll Results: Have you Dropped your Treo?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never dropped

14 14.14%
  • Dropped but OK

32 32.32%
  • Dropped and scratched

40 40.40%
  • Dropped and damaged

6 6.06%
  • Dropped and destroyed

4 4.04%
  • Dropped but in case or skin

16 16.16%
  • Almost dropped...

9 9.09%
  • Thrown agains wall or floor

3 3.03%
  • Still in box

0 0%
  • Other

1 1.01%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The NYC sidewalks have punished my 650 after numerous drops, and even full of dents and scratches, it continues to work....

However, it almost took a soap bath in the sink the other day as I was washing dishes and not using the multiple handsfree pieces I have collected... I doubt it would've recovered from that.
    First major drop yesterday from about 4 feet, no damage- still doin' fine.
    It was out of it's case and landed flat on it's back on a marble floor.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    I've only had mine for a 2 days so no drops yet.

Purchased the service plan that should cover everything with the exception of "dropping it in the toilet". Quote from the sales person.
    Quote Originally Posted by click
    Purchased the service plan that should cover everything with the exception of "dropping it in the toilet".[snip]
    yup, mine is still fresh too (not even a month old!).

Bought that warranty also, so I hope it will do the trick.
    - Jeeman
    I never understood why people stuck grippy stuff to their treos or kept them in a case. I've had mine for about a year and dropped it once with no noticable damage.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    The case is for protection from scratches mostly. Also, metal cases help in case of drops.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    sent mine skipping down the concrete, it has road rash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I dropped mine and, attempting to ease the fall with my foot, inadvertently kicked it as well. It landed on the asphalt and scuffed up a bit but still doing fine... JTYSK.
    aaaaahahahahahahahaha!

Damn...that comment tickled my funny bone
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I've come close to dropping mine a couple of times, but so far so good!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I have not dropped yet, but probably will soon now that I've said that. I just hope it's on carpet.
    " LATEST TREO RUMOR IN RESPONSE TO ALL THE TREO RUMORS: If no 700p announcement by June 1, I'm getting the 8125. Sorry Palm"

no. get the 700w. you wont be sorry.
    I refuse to go back to CDMA. And I'm also not paying $500 for a 32MB RAM device.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    aaaaahahahahahahahaha!

Damn...that comment tickled my funny bone
    Mine too, after I realized everything was fine. It must've looked like I was playing hackysack with my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Mine too, after I realized everything was fine. It must've looked like I was playing hackysack with my phone.
    I do it all the time! Usually with more luck than you though. my feet are used to this,I am a redbelt after all!
    Just check the headlines:

"Taekwondo classes help save Treo from fatal fall"
    I dropped mine on the tile floor of the bathroom at work. When it landed the battery cover popped off and when skittering across the floor, the battery went in another direction, the stylus popped out, and the SD card ejected like magma coming out the top of a volcano. I almost puked right then and there watching the carnage unfold before my eyes. However, when I had regained my composure enough to gather up the pieces and reassemble my Treo is was stunned and elated that absolutely not a scratch had been incurred. It works just as well as ever. I'm guessing it made first contact with the floor on it's antenna but I can't be sure.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    rambo, that is exactly what happened when I dropped mine. the phone still works but for some reason the sd card that fell out no longer works.
    the treo recognizes my other cards but not the one that took the hit. weird.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Reformatting didn't work?

I dropped mine twice already, good thing it was carpet. One with the leather case on and the other without. Its fun watching it tho. LOL. Its like "****, my treo!"
    My first treo was kept in a belt clip pouch with an open top. I figured friction would keep it in place...long story short...it didn't. Getting out of a NYC cab, the pouch ejected my treo right onto 8th Ave spitting the SD card out in the process. The scraped up phone was replaced and so was the pouch. This time it has a magnetic top flap. So far-so good.
    OK, I hate to post again........but, since the post is here.....I drop my 600 BIG TIME Today!

We were in the backyard putting a a Trampoline together for my son today and we needed some tools...so, I jog to the front of the house to get in the garage. As I crossed from grass to patio, BAM down it went!

Still ticking!
    Craig M.
    Former Treo600 User
    No Longer Using a Treo, but Checking the Forums for Updates and such!
    E-grips... flexskins... metal cases.... GRRRRR!!!

We shouldn't need any of these to have a half decent chance of keeping our expensive devices safe. The surface of the Treo needs to be a ton less slick, for pete's sake. How hard is that, genius Treo designers????

Sorry for the rant, but it's almost as if the Treo case is designed to maximize business in Palm's service department.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast