Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Greetings all,

I had to call Sprint because I lost my 650. The rep noticed my contract had expired and gave me the usual sell. I told her that I wanted to wait for a new phone and her response was, "Oh, you mean the 700p? Sprint will be releasing that in June." She then tried to convince me there would be no difference if I re-upped now or when the phone came out, which I declined.

Anyway, stop listening to rumors and instead call to get it first hand.

-MB
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    June!?
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    OOoohhh!!!!!

I just found the for the first time................
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    To those banging their heads : well that printed document did say May 28. Assuming it and this post is for real, June sounds possible. Which means GSM will be in November. My turn.

Although the poster probably should have put this in the "I have the release date for the 700p" thread.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Another "I spoke to a Rep" post. Too bad they didn't make my thread a sticky. Maybe we wouldn't have had this useless thread.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    I have spoken to sprint reps and I have been told the release date for the 700p would be April, May, June, Clueless...get the point. You must also believe in Santa Clause. The knowledge that Sprint reps have about the 700p is the same knowledge that the general public has about aliens and Rosswell.
    Let me ask something. Do Sprint reps know for sure there is one, but just don't know the release date? Or are they assuming there will be one? This is what I can't seem to figure out from all these posts.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Let me ask something. Do Sprint reps know for sure there is one, but just don't know the release date? Or are they assuming there will be one? This is what I can't seem to figure out from all these posts.
    That is a damn good point...

Although the poster probably should have put this in the "I have the release date for the 700p" thread.
    That's the reason for the

Here we go again....
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    the horror...
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Let me state this one more time. THE SPRINT REPS KNOW NOTHING. Anything the Sprint rep is telling you is either a lie or they heard it because someone from one of these forums stopped in to ask them about the 700P and they were told by the uninformed users here who are operating on rumor. If they can show you on a Sprnt computer terminal and you can get a snapshot of it with your Treo 600 or 650 and verify their name and location so Perry can call them to verify then it is believable. Otherwise they are just sales pople who want to part you from your hard earned money. Plain and simple. Done.

Think about it, the originator of this thread said the rep told him to go ahead and re-up now. That tells me a lot about their desperation about not having a plan for a 700P. A sales professional would have said. "great Mr. XXXXXX I will mak an appointment to come back to re-up your agreement on May 30th. Would 10am work for you?" if there was in fact a Treo700P that they knew about internally. Instead the sales rookie did not have any information and tried to get the client to re-up and give up their leverage.

Think!!!!
    Amen
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Ok, so I grant that the incessant spawning of all these "I just talked to a rep..." threads is a tad tedious, but why, then, do you insist on visiting (and commenting on) each and every one of them?
    Boy am I glad I didn't hold out for this device, I would of committed suicide by now.
    because we have no lives? because we see the humor in it? to make you ask why? because if we do not other sites post links to this and the Wall Street Journal and the NYT and CNN all think it is real...wait, that is a not quite true. let me note PatrickS that the rumors stated in here by a poster (n4cer) were quoted and are still being quoted as gospel by websites as far away as China...this is the problem with the internet and forums and "blogs" is there is no truth police so it is up to us the users to try to confirm and expose if there is a scam going ona and weed out the offenders. otherwise this is of no value at all and it is time to board up the windows and go home...
    May 28th.

Some of them know.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    because we have no lives? because we see the humor in it? to make you ask why? because if we do not other sites post links to this and the Wall Street Journal and the NYT and CNN all think it is real...wait, that is a not quite true. let me note PatrickS that the rumors stated in here by a poster (n4cer) were quoted and are still being quoted as gospel by websites as far away as China...this is the problem with the internet and forums and "blogs" is there is no truth police so it is up to us the users to try to confirm and expose if there is a scam going ona and weed out the offenders. otherwise this is of no value at all and it is time to board up the windows and go home...
    Well said.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    n4cer's document was the real deal.

Or I am the next Slinky.

U Pick.

Cheers, Perry
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast