Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Midknight
    Well, that depends on how long you're willing to wait. If I recall correctly, the 6700 was $649 when launched to business customers last September.
    Early adopters are usually asked to pay a premium for getting the latest, greatest device when it launches, with an expected price drop of $50-$75 around the 3-6 month period after it's launched.
    I would suspect that many T|C users are technophiles like myself and will insist on getting it as soon as possible. However, if you're willing to wait for the price drop, you should be able to get it for $549 sometime this fall (expected release late May/early June + 3 months = price drop around Sept/Oct for the holiday season)

while your speculation holds true, i will GLADLY pay the $75 bucks for the 3 month wait.

i want NOWWWWW
    At Palm's Store:

700w without contract renewal - $619
    700w with 2 year renewal - $399

So, i wouldn't expect much difference, unless we are way off on the p's specks.......
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    what are your predictions of a no contract, & 1, 2 yr. contract price of the sprint 700p when it launches?
    Online:

No Contract:$599
    1 Year: $499
    2 Year: $399

and you wait 6 months for the rebate money

All Carriers Brick and Mortar

No Contract:$525
    1 Year: $325

Rebate money on da spot
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    All Carriers Brick and Mortar

No Contract:$525
    1 Year: $325

Rebate money on da spot
    I like the 1Year $325 price but I'm afraid it'll be like $449 and if we're lucky $399 with an in-store rebate.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I like the 1Year $325 price but I'm afraid it'll be like $449 and if we're lucky $399 with an in-store rebate.
    Hi MacUser!

Jack knows where to get the deals -- if you are going to be in the city, he might be able to direct you to his favorite brick & mortar all brand cell phone stand.. . . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.

I guess we get the $50 rebate from Palm for being a prior Treo users.
  7.    #27  
    How quickly will brick & mortars get it? Is there usually a delay once it's available online before it gets to stores?
    1 | 2
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Y'all be smokin something serious... :-)

Unlocked: $649
    1 yr: $549
    2 yr: $499

In other words, exactly like the 650. Hollywood will most likely be $100 higher.

BTW, my price estimates are the "retail" costs, not "your best deal".
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
    Quote Originally Posted by cphil674
    Y'all be smokin something serious... :-)

Unlocked: $649
    1 yr: $549
    2 yr: $499

In other words, exactly like the 650. Hollywood will most likely be $100 higher.

BTW, my price estimates are the "retail" costs, not "your best deal".

I agree with this one. At least at my local stores this is the price they offer on the 700w. It's much cheaper to get it online than to go through than a store here.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi MacUser!

Jack knows where to get the deals -- if you are going to be in the city, he might be able to direct you to his favorite brick & mortar all brand cell phone stand.. . . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Hi Perry! Thanks for the tip.

So Jack, where do you do your phone shopping in the city?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650

I just PM'd Jack your question.

Cheers, Perry.

Well I have left the city and moved east. I move about 10 miles east every 10 years so pretty soon I gonne be wet....Montauk Point getting closer and closer .

I am pretty mch flabbergasted that anyone ever buys a Treo online or in a "branded" store. Tho I drop about $20k a year at newegg for puter parts, I just can't seem to find the "deals" on phones on line that are available in a walk in "all carriers" store. And I don't mean a specific store, I mean any store that can offer you "all brands".

1. Ina walk in store you get the "touchy-feeley" experience. In a few weeks I can hold a 700w and a 700p in my hand and compare them as to feel, ease of use, etc.

2. I have a dude available who pretty much doesn't care what phone I buy, he's gonna amke the saem money whether I buy Sprint, Cingular, Verizon or whatever....so his advice is likely to be more impartial.

3. He knows the local area, reception issues better than most cause this is his full time job servciing customers in MY area.

4. He has to undercut the branded stores and the online joints or he doesn't survive.

5. He knows the ins and outs of "working the system" to get you rebates. I was 3 months into anew "family plan" when he got me full "new customer rebates" on my 650.

6. I get to pick my phone number outta a list.

7. I got cash for signing over rebates to him.

8. I got 1 year contract with same rebates as 2 years online.

9. I paid $50+ less than best online price I saw and had 4 or 5 accessories thrown in...grabted cheap stuff which I gave to my kids.

10. I didn't have to wait for FedEx.

I walked in with 3 online ads stuffed in my pocket. Glad I never showed them to him as if he matched the ads I woulda paid way more. When I travel I usually stop in any shop near the hotel that ahs any gadgets....my experience has been the same same...the all carriers shops just about always seem to be able to "outdeal" the branded or online stores.

In the city, I remember J&R Music World being posted here and peeps buying there. But I would walk into your "neighborhood" shop and start talking with the guy on occassion when ya pass by. Establish a relationship, buy some phones for the wife, kids, bring in friends, etc. I started with the place by me when a friend brought me into the store in Moriches.
    I'm guessing that when the 700P becomes available north of the border, the costs will be in the following ballpark:

Rogers:
    No contract: $999.99
    1 year: $899.99
    2 year: $799.99
    3 year: $599.99
    With a minimum $50 data package during the term of the contract.

Bell:
    No contract: $899.99
    1 year: $799.99
    2 year: $699.99
    3 year: $499.99
    With a minimum $40 data package for the term of each contract.

The real kicker is that these prices will be in place at a time when the Treo700P will have been out for a year in the US.

Of course, the 700W still hasn't been released in Canada. It's as if the carriers believe there is some magical curtain that prevents news of new devices from travelling north. At least with an unlocked/unbranded GSM phone, Rogers and Fido users can get ahead of the curve from the Bell and Telus folks.
    $699 unlocked from Palm (no contract.)
    Otherwise locked to Cingular, from Cingular, then what Midknight said:
    1 Year: $524
    2 Year: $449
    This is what the 650 and 600 went for, I don't see why the 700 will be different.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    $699 unlocked from Palm (no contract.)
    Otherwise locked to Cingular, from Cingular, then what Midknight said:
    1 Year: $524
    2 Year: $449
    This is what the 650 and 600 went for, I don't see why the 700 will be different.
    I paid $325 w/ 1 year contract, instant rebates on 1st day Treo was available in stores on Cingular ... I actually got the thing just a few minutes after FedEx delivered them to the store.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12