Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Windows Mobile 5 Supports 480x480 but currently not 320x320, and apparently 480x480 would have been too expensive for the 700w.

Anybody heard from their palm rep when the Palm Treo 480x480 Windows Mobile will come out? I heard May 19.
    I head the 18th
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I head the 18th
    Quit, for the love of God, quit!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    april 36
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Windows Mobile 5 Supports 480x480 but currently not 320x320, and apparently 480x480 would have been too expensive for the 700w.

Anybody heard from their palm rep when the Palm Treo 480x480 Windows Mobile will come out? I heard May 19.
    Is this just ironic sarcasm about all of us complainers about "another release date thread" or do you really have a point about a higher resolution 700w?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    In memory of slinky, should he be banned on the 20th if there is no 700W with 480 X 480 released on the 19th? Speculating about an upcoming release and lying about a new device are 2 different things.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Verified... it'll be out on Centennial on the SECOND tuesday of next WEEK.

...obviously I'm joking.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Yeah, these threads are getting out of control...
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Is this just ironic sarcasm about all of us complainers about "another release date thread" or do you really have a point about a higher resolution 700w?
    No, I want a WM5 Treo with Wi-Fi, 480x480, 256mb of ram and A2DP.

And since I "know" there are several more treo models coming out this year, one of them must be the one I want.

And since I "know" there are several more treo models coming out this year, one of them must be the one I want.
    So now its all about you.............
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

UH-OH, looks like theBlaze is no longer content with his perfect device. The honeymoon did not last very long.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"

are you sure you are not going to want 2?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.

If you'll throw in HSDPA and the slimmer Hollywood body with no antennae, I'll be right in line behind you (my guess is Spring 2008 for that puppy).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.

Palm cheaps out on Teos. We probably won't see this.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    480x480 probably won't be practical on the current 2.5inch screen - it will require a larger form factor to really appreciate that resolution.
    <A HREF="http://www.treotoday.net">Treo Today<A> - news, tips, tricks and more
  16.    #16  
    Then, you would have to do this to the screen.

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/344/C6426/

Half past May's &%$ according to Aprils %^$$#.
    I already have mine. Got is from some guy on craigslist.com. I think his name was Merlyn or n4cer or something like that. But then the MS/Palm police came and got it but I let Shadowmite extract all the files first and he assures me this phone is a REAL Palm device code names Alaska because it will be a cold day in hell when it appears. Oh, and this afternoon I was at a Sprint store (since they were all clearing their Treo700P's out for Easter) and the manager there gave me a photocopy of a page from their marketing staff showing the specs on the phone but I can't figure out how to attach it to this posting so I faxed it ot the fax machine in the PPR. Can somebody make sure it got there?
    Morituri is right. That means probably screwing with the form factor that keeps Treo buyers coming back, no matter how much Palm screws up. They might finally get rid of the keyboard. Will Treo users go for that? I'm not so sure. Or if they include the keyboard, it might have to be sliding to keep the small size factor. Otherwise with a keyboard AND and bigger screen, you'll have a longer device. Will Treo users go for that? I'm not so sure.

People seem to love keyboards, but not the space it needs. The 650 keyboard is a little cramped, they say the 700w is better. I don't know. But both devices are smaller like people want. Then when we do get a bigger keyboard on the 8125 and 6700, people complain it's sliding. But you need to have it sliding, otherwise those devices would be too big.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I already have mine. Got is from some guy on craigslist.com. I think his name was Merlyn or n4cer or something like that. But then the MS/Palm police came and got it but I let Shadowmite extract all the files first and he assures me this phone is a REAL Palm device code names Alaska because it will be a cold day in hell when it appears. Oh, and this afternoon I was at a Sprint store (since they were all clearing their Treo700P's out for Easter) and the manager there gave me a photocopy of a page from their marketing staff showing the specs on the phone but I can't figure out how to attach it to this posting so I faxed it ot the fax machine in the PPR. Can somebody make sure it got there?

Do I detect a hint of sarcasim there?

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast