Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sure it's cute for a fun phone with practical PDA features. I could use as a 2nd phone. But if I had to choose, HP 6900 would win!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Currently the volume is certainly in the consumer market, which is why Symbian is doing so well. Its phones like these which will expand the smartphone market to random teenagers as an alternative to the Ipod Nano (with v. good 2 Mpixel camera, A2DP and video calling). Its the same market the Hollywood is targeting.

Surur
  3.    #23  
    by the way, AKU 2 and A2DP are released for HTC phones. Well HTC universal for now Link . But people already trying it on other HTC devices Link . Are you happy LadyTreo or are you happy??
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I just bought a HTC Universal. It was incredibly cheap at £100 ($175) with a 18 month £25 ($43)/ month contract, which included unlimited data. Its a really cool device. Its practically a mini-laptop.

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 04/08/2006 at 03:20 AM.
    Treonauts Report fro CTIA

http://blog.treonauts.com/

"I’ve been at CTIA in Las Vegas all week where I was obviously hoping that Palm would announce and show our new Treo 700p.

Alas there was no official announcement and I didn’t get a chance to play with one but there were nonetheless ‘trusted sources’ that categorically stated an announcement date to be made by Palm and Sprint on Monday, May 15 – just a little over 5 weeks away…

This also overlaps closely with the previous rumours that claimed an actual commercial availability date of May 28.

Naturally I am extremely excited and anxious for this latest addition to the Treo family which promises to have more memory, broadband data connectivity with EVDO and many software additions among others.

However, I am even more interested to learn about the forthcoming release of the next GSM Treo for Cingular in the US and Orange in Europe – both of which promise to be the ‘slim and slick’ anticipated “Hollywood” model – but unfortunately there has been absolutely no sight of this device to date. The GSM version is important for me because Sprint’s Treo 700p will be CDMA and thus unable to provide international roaming for Treonauts traveling to most countries outside the US including Europe and Asia.

In the same vein, a GSM version of the Treo 700w possibly to be launched by Vodafone in Europe and Cingular in the US in the coming months are also highly anticipated.

Combined, all of these new Treo models, software updates (Microsoft’s ‘Direct Push’ email) and international releases should strongly help Palm towards our projected cumulative number of Treonauts worldwide of over 3.7 million by the end of next quarter."
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE

"I’ve been at CTIA in Las Vegas all week where I was obviously hoping that Palm would announce and show our new Treo 700p.

Alas there was no official announcement and I didn’t get a chance to play with one but there were nonetheless ‘trusted sources’ that categorically stated an announcement date to be made by Palm and Sprint on Monday, May 15 – just a little over 5 weeks away…

This also overlaps closely with the previous rumours that claimed an actual commercial availability date of May 28.

Naturally I am extremely excited and anxious for this latest addition to the Treo family which promises to have more memory, broadband data connectivity with EVDO and many software additions among others.

However, I am even more interested to learn about the forthcoming release of the next GSM Treo for Cingular in the US and Orange in Europe – both of which promise to be the ‘slim and slick’ anticipated “Hollywood” model – but unfortunately there has been absolutely no sight of this device to date. The GSM version is important for me because Sprint’s Treo 700p will be CDMA and thus unable to provide international roaming for Treonauts traveling to most countries outside the US including Europe and Asia.

In the same vein, a GSM version of the Treo 700w possibly to be launched by Vodafone in Europe and Cingular in the US in the coming months are also highly anticipated.

Combined, all of these new Treo models, software updates (Microsoft’s ‘Direct Push’ email) and international releases should strongly help Palm towards our projected cumulative number of Treonauts worldwide of over 3.7 million by the end of next quarter."

Why the multiple posts Jack?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I just bought a HTC Universal. It was incredibly cheap at £100 ($175) with a 18 month £25 ($43)/ month contract, which included unlimited data. Its a really cook device. Its practically a mini-laptop.

Surur
    We'll never see it that cheap over here.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    by the way, AKU 2 and A2DP are released for HTC phones. Well HTC universal for now Link . But people already trying it on other HTC devices Link . Are you happy LadyTreo or are you happy??

Yes!

But it's also sad that Palm forces HTC to manufacture the only backwards featured smartphone among all of HTC's lines.

Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    GSM is MUCH better than CDMA as long as you get reception with Cingular or T-Mobile. It will work anywhere in the world and you can use the phone and the data connection at the same time. CASE CLOSED!!
    I disagree

CDMA offers data transfer rates at much higher speeds

in addition, Verizon/Sprint have much better cell coverage than Cingular/TMobile
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Why the multiple posts Jack?
    There's only one such post in this thread, by me anyway. Now the same thing is quoted 3 times. Perhps the better question would be why multiple threads ? Not imagining that there could be two almost identically titled posts after answering the first, I refreshed to come back to this thread and not find what I thot I just posted posted. So I went back to the link and plopped it in again.

Those are my two biggest frustrations with forums:

1. New Thread starts whuch duplicate other threads on exact same topic and
    2. Quoting 50 lines of a post when the reply refers only to 1 or 2 lines.
    There's only one such post in this thread, by me anyway. Now the same thing is quoted 3 times. Perhps the better question would be why multiple threads ? Not imagining that there could be two almost identically titled posts after answering the first, I refreshed to come back to this thread and not find what I thot I just posted posted. So I went back to the link and plopped it in again.

Those are my two biggest frustrations with forums:

1. New Thread starts whuch duplicate other threads on exact same topic and
    2. Quoting 50 lines of a post when the reply refers only to 1 or 2 lines.
    And mine is the same post in multiple threads.
    I hope the Treo800 is a thinner model that folds in have to be about the thickness of my current 650. I know, probably too much to ask. I'd upgrade to it even if it has the exact same features!
    I hope the Treo800 is a thinner model that folds in half to be about the thickness of my current 650. I know, probably too much to ask. I'd upgrade to it even if it has the exact same features!
    Quote Originally Posted by tchristian34
    I hope the Treo800 is a thinner model that folds in half to be about the thickness of my current 650. I know, probably too much to ask. I'd upgrade to it even if it has the exact same features!
    Now that was funny.

Now that was funny.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HasanDaddy

in addition, Verizon/Sprint have much better cell coverage than Cingular/TMobile

WHAT????? Look at a coverage map dude! In rural areas Sprint does not work. And further take your Sprint phone to Eurpoe ans see how well it works
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    WHAT????? Look at a coverage map dude! In rural areas Sprint does not work. And further take your Sprint phone to Eurpoe ans see how well it works
    For $5/month you can roam unlimited on Verizon. So you you need to include the Verizon's massive and comprehensive map in that coverage. And Verizon rural coverage rivals that of GSM, unfortunately.
    This is all coming from me, a GSM fan. But I know plenty of people with verizon or Sprint and they break up so much I have to constantly ask them to repeat what they said which is why I don't like CDMA. That rarely happens on GSM, even with a poor signal.

As far as the 800 goes, or "Hollywood," it will/should be GSM.
    In fact it will be HSDPA data/GSM backward compatibility.
    The Low-rider, however, looks more of a cost-reduced Treo 650 from what I can tell and I don't think lowrider will be the "800." And it's not clear to me if Hollywood will be WM5 or PalmOS, but it looks to be PalmOS.
    Hollywood was sopposed to come out sometime in the Summer. So if the 800 won't be announced until october, then maybe hollywood isn't the 800, either that or the date changed or was not what I had thought.
    Last edited by taylorh; 04/08/2006 at 05:23 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Sprint works very well in my small rural town. Pecos, TX (but then again we are right next to Interstate 20)
    BigTex, Sprint works fine in rural areas. You are right it is not for European use but please be careful saying it does not work in rural areas because that is just not true. All carriers have holes in their coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    And it's not clear to me if Hollywood will be WM5 or PalmOS, but it looks to be PalmOS.
    Why do you say that?

Surur
    bigtex, good thing you studied that coverage map so well. me, I like personal experience much better. I live in the southwest (new mexico) and travel throughout the west (cali, tx, co, ut, az, etc) and I happen to have both a sprint treo and and a cingular 8125 and I can tell you from experience cdma is FAR superior in rural coverage in the united states. I am not sure how cingular reports they cover places like roswell, nm and peyton, co but I can tell you they most certainly do not whereas sprint does.
    Sprint Kyocera 6035> Verizonized Sprint 6035> Treo 300> Sprint Treo 600> Sprint Treo 650> Cingular 8125> Sprint Treo 650> Sprint Treo 700wx

“It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.” -George W. Bush

BE AMERICAN, USE CDMA
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast