View Poll Results: Ban All New Threads Until the Next Palm XXX Release?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ban all new threads - we're with you Bluto.

40 39.22%
  • No way, I hate using the Search function.

7 6.86%
  • Who cares, it's fun to see it for the 10th time.

35 34.31%
  • Let's vote dstrauss off the island.

20 19.61%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay sports fans, I raised it earlier today, and new threads still keep popping up with recently found/heard/made up rumors of the pending Sprint/Cingular/Verizon/anybody Palm releases. In honor of Swift's A Modest Proposal, I recommended we ask the Mods to block all new threads until there is an actual release (by commercial sale) of the next Palm Treo Whatever XXX. That way, we can all force ourselves, and our multitude of new guests, to find an existing thread to dump this c#@& (oops - excuse me - information) in to.

Here's your chance to vote. As Otter said in Animal House:

Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these ****. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Her'es to futile gestures!
    Last edited by dstrauss; 04/05/2006 at 05:12 PM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I heard Palm may announce something near the end of May!!! I was talking to my cell rep...

I agree with dstrauss, unless you have real pics, shut the hell up.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I heard Palm may announce something near the end of May!!! I was talking to my cell rep...

I agree with dstrauss, unless you have real pics, shut the hell up.
    Do you think that will qualifies as "an offer they just couldn't refuse?"
    I think we should ban this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Do you think that will qualifies as "an offer they just couldn't refuse?"
    Someday, and that day may never come, I may call on you to perform a service for me...
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I don't know, some of the predictions are mighty funny, then you throw in those who get all bent out shape because of the latest rumor, it can be quite entertaining, especially on the slow days.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    ...clip...those who get all bent out shape because of the latest rumor, it can be quite entertaining, especially on the slow days.
    I'm freakin pist
    Stop all Threads, Rumors and All.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I'm freakin pist
    Stop all Threads, Rumors and All.
    BWAHAHAHA see, LOL, see can't stop laughing.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Just ban the asshats who start new threads linking to Engadget or some other incestuous site, showing the same document, and posting the same info thats been beaten to death for nearly a month here...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I don't know, some of the predictions are mighty funny, then you throw in those who get all bent out shape because of the latest rumor, it can be quite entertaining, especially on the slow days.
    It's also quite fun watching people get bent out of shape about posts in a forum. Apparently there are many people here suffering from OCD. They don't want to see new posts on certain topics but for whatever reason they still read them and then complain about it like they were forced to read it. Ask your doctor for some Zoloft, see a psychologist, take a break, just quit complaining.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    I will fall on the side of TC being an open forum and that we should allow people some freedom. I remember being politiely scolded for starting my "FREE 4MB of MEMORY" thread early on as a noobie (which I still am) -- for it was a topic well known to the existing posting community at the time. However, (mostly thru my promotion of it) it has been useful to many readers.

n4cer may have never posted either. So, let's take the good with the bad and welcome all comers!

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I will fall on the side of TC being an open forum and that we should allow people some freedom. I remember being politiely scolded for starting my "FREE 4MB of MEMORY" thread early on as a noobie (which I still am) -- for it was a topic well known to the existing posting community at the time. However, (mostly thru my promotion of it) it has been useful to many readers.

n4cer may have never posted either. So, let's take the good with the bad and welcome all comers!

Cheers, Perry.
    That sounds awesome!! How do I get 4mb of free memory??
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    That sounds awesome!! How do I get 4mb of free memory??
    Not 4mb of $FREE$ Memory. . . . . . .

FREE (up) 4mb of (internal) memory. . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    It's also quite fun watching people get bent out of shape about posts in a forum. Apparently there are many people here suffering from OCD. They don't want to see new posts on certain topics but for whatever reason they still read them and then complain about it like they were forced to read it. Ask your doctor for some Zoloft, see a psychologist, take a break, just quit complaining.
    That's because:
    1. Many are hungering for the 700p release.
    2. So as a result of no. 1, people are hoping that for once it's a LEGIT announcement, not just another rumor!

So yes, they're are going to keep reading and looking for a LEGIT announceent! People are getting pissed because it's the same lame stuff over and over. How many times do you want to hear someone say "I heard from my rep", but then offer no real proof of any release! It's like chain jerking!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Not 4mb of $FREE$ Memory. . . . . . .

FREE (up) 4mb of (internal) memory. . . . . .

Oh... Well... How do I do that???
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Oh... Well... How do I do that???

LOL

If you insist:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

for ole' times sake
  18.    #18  
    Back on topic folks:

See, even with good intentions, I just end up spawning more threads:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=111316
    Tribbles...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    or rather, Treobles

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast