View Poll Results: Ban All New Threads Until the Next Palm XXX Release?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ban all new threads - we're with you Bluto.

40 39.22%
  • No way, I hate using the Search function.

7 6.86%
  • Who cares, it's fun to see it for the 10th time.

35 34.31%
  • Let's vote dstrauss off the island.

20 19.61%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Oh no- I'm a Grup...
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    Munk's a trekkie
    who'd a thunk it

How can you be a "techie" and not a "trekkie" - I don't mean the costume wearing crazy kind, but the "I know there's wisdom and social commentary in here somewhere" kind. Besides, what is life worth without being able to quote Jonathan Swift, William Wallace, Captain Kirk, and Animal House.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Hey - my eyesight's not that bad (yet). It may not have been so obvious to others who did not grow up in the early 60's my friend that this was another of those "deep meaning" original Star Trek episode. In fact, New York Magazine online chose the term "Grups" from that episode to label over 35 year olds acting like 20 something.
    Of course, that whole exchange probably made no sense to anyone who didn't watch ST:TOS. Trelane, Darvin, Mudd, Gorgan...

but then again, I wasn't commenting to the masses.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    Munk's a trekkie
    who'd a thunk it

Oh yeah! But I've never gone to a convention, or gone to a Halloween party dressed as Bele (or Lokai, if you prefer.)

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Oh yeah! But I've never gone to a convention, or gone to a Halloween party dressed as Bele (or Lokai, if you prefer.)
    My kids used to think TOS was "hooky" until I made them watch the Last Battleground episode, and even they understood that the old 60's show with "archaic special effects" had a lot of social punch behind it (and a lot of hammy acting as well).

For those of you lost out there in all this banter, an example: Bele and Lokai were the last two surviors of two warring races from the same planet with faces that were black and white - one black on the left, the other black on the right; they went on to kill each other over the superiority of their respective races.
  6.    #46  
    NOW - back on topic (for this thread at least) - I'm gaining on second place in the poll, and I'm not sure I like that.
    I just voted for you.......................

What, thats not a good thing?
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    I like make up rumor.
    What the Hell is the point in starting a new thread about the same leak and/or info that's been beaten to death?
    Yeah, those are the rumors I'm tired of! New Sprint Treo is coming between April and June. OK we got it already!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    I just voted for you.......................

What, thats not a good thing?
    BUJ - I was thinking this meant "vote him out of here" - I even had a PM asking what I meant by that item. You know, kind of like your chance to get rid of the curmudgeon.
  11.    #51  
    Well, now that Perry has officially adopted the "J" word (hope for his sake that doesn't cover all the way to 07/31/06), anyone want to rejoin the effort to stop the proliferation of "rumor threads?"
    Well, now that Perry has officially adopted the "J" word (hope for his sake that doesn't cover all the way to 07/31/06), anyone want to rejoin the effort to stop the proliferation of "rumor threads?"
    I'm about to join you and purchase the 8125. I have an upgrade coming next month and I think it's time for MS.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    J word?? January 07? I can't wait till August 1 when Perry starts posting...

Only 155 more days!!!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I'm about to join you and purchase the 8125. I have an upgrade coming next month and I think it's time for MS.
    Me too. I had someone in my office today who just got one, pretty nice device. I am eligible for an upgrade now (cingular screwed up and gave me upgrade eligible early). I went by the local store today, but they did not have any in stock, they expect 3 in on Friday.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Wow, pretty soon this will become Perry|Central, as the rest of us move on/go back to WM.

16.    #56  
    Wow, pretty soon this will become Perry|Central, as the rest of us move on/go back to WM.
    geatches, cardio & Munk:

Sad to say that's what might be coming. Add in the fence sitters like LT, who are already testing the 2125 water, and it looks like the geeks are slowly drifting to the dark side. If HTC ever figures out how to put a mini-dialing pad on the front of the Wizard line (eg - move screen up 5mm, put the dial pad between the screen and dial pad - they'd rule the world. The only legit remaining complaint about one-handed use, after the release of Smartskey, is the lack of a physical dialpad.
    Shouldn't ban all threads, people should just take time off so things just don't keep rambling on...thats all.
    at&t iPhone3G
    geatches, cardio & Munk:

Sad to say that's what might be coming. Add in the fence sitters like LT, who are already testing the 2125 water, and it looks like the geeks are slowly drifting to the dark side. If HTC ever figures out how to put a mini-dialing pad on the front of the Wizard line (eg - move screen up 5mm, put the dial pad between the screen and dial pad - they'd rule the world. The only legit remaining complaint about one-handed use, after the release of Smartskey, is the lack of a physical dialpad.

I would be lonely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I would be lonely.
    But at least you (and perhaps the avatar) would have your 700p. What more could you ask for?

A "Life is Good" t-shirt with a 700P on it. I would then be complete.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast