Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Ok I have been doing some research. I want to buy TREO to use with Sprint.

    I see that the 600 is good, and well recieved. I see the 650 has tons of bugs, and there is a new 700.

    Can anyone give me the plain vanilla answer of what you would reccomend and why. I am an elecrtoincs expert so gadgets/buttons/having to read the manual is not a problem.

    Thanks for any input.
    Gail
  2. #2  
    The 650 is currently best for most people, IMHO. You can read many reviews online, including cnet.com

    Good luck!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3. #3  
    I don't knw where you saw that stuf but here's my lowdown:

    The 600 was a great product for its time, but in todays world, it's a limited device. The 160 x 160 screen and no BT, to me makes a purchase today like buying a computer with Windows98.

    The 650 was a ground breaking product, a "watershed" event if you will. Perhaps a bit early outta the gate it has some issues when released on Sprint in September, the hardware from other carriers was a bit more reliablehad when released months later. Just about all of these issues tho have been fixed with ROM updates. With the Sprint model, you probably wanna buy Volume Care to address the headset sound level issue.

    The 700w is out on Verizon but it's a windows mobile based product. The trade mags have been pretty much unanimous that it's the best WM5 smartphone/PDA out there but that it still pales next to the 650 in the areas of usability and screen image. It seems likely that Sprint will release a 700p within the next 60 days.

    If I am in your shoes, I'd vist an all carriers brick and mortar and play with the 3 of them. Then I'd sit back and wait 60 days and see what happens with the 700p. At that time the 650 should be more heavily discounted and you can decide if the extra features of the 700p are worth the price difference over whatever else you have taken a liking to.

    If ya ever get out to Long Island, I'd be happy to introduce you to the joint where I buy my stuff . In my experience brick and mortar "all carrier" stores offer the best pricing, independent advice and you can sign over the rebates for cash and not have to worry about waiting the minimum 6 months to get your $200 back.
  4. RobeJazz's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    If ya ever get out to Long Island, I'd be happy to introduce you to the joint where I buy my stuff . In my experience brick and mortar "all carrier" stores offer the best pricing, independent advice and you can sign over the rebates for cash and not have to worry about waiting the minimum 6 months to get your $200 back.
    Nice wrap up! I am from LI - Huntington and Oyster Bay - I still get out there quite a bit and I'd love to know the store you shop at; AND what's this bout the rebates as cash? Sounds like something I may want to try.
  5. #5  
    Buy the 700 Linux.
    It would be a big mistake to buy anything else!
    Just call me Berd.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Buy the 700 Linux.
    It would be a big mistake to buy anything else!
    Just drop by the Access / Cingular booth at LinuxWorld and tell 'em Berdinkerdickle sent you. Be sure to pronounce the name slowly and carefully, with the emphasis on the correct syllable.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightcap
    Just drop by the Access / Cingular booth at LinuxWorld and tell 'em Berdinkerdickle sent you. Be sure to pronounce the name slowly and carefully, with the emphasis on the correct syllable.
    Full Name:
    Fredrick Erbert Berdinkerdickle
    Pronounced: Burr-dink-urr-****-kel
    Just call me Berd.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobeJazz
    Nice wrap up! I am from LI - Huntington and Oyster Bay - I still get out there quite a bit and I'd love to know the store you shop at; AND what's this bout the rebates as cash? Sounds like something I may want to try.
    I visit a joint down Moriches way tho it's a bit outta da way. My wife was bookkeeper for a restaurant chain and they had a store next to this joint. When I bought the 650 CNG, I paid $325 cash...well on a Visa card....going rate was $399 on line at the time. As for the rebates, I just signed them over to the guy.
  9. #9  
    If you are patient, wait for the 700p if it ever comes out, but the 650 would be a good settle if you can't wait. Most reviews are pretty good about the 650. I don't know if you are a "POWER USER", or not or its your first PDA.

Posting Permissions