Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    I see Engadget is still using that scan, of a copy, of a fax, of a memo....................

    You know the crap we already saw here.
    Such strong talk for the document that ended Silly Season !!

    Cheers, Perry
  2. #22  
    Something stronger... like Dilauded?
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  3. #23  
    A Sprint rep just confirmed to me the validitity of the scanned "5/28" document. I had asked him a while ago if he knew the release date, and he said "Release date is still TBDTBDTBD $according$ $to$ $internal$ $memos$ ($other$ $than$ $late$ $May$/$early$ $June$.) $Price$ $is$ $also$ $TBD$.&$quot$;

    He sent me a message today saying "700p's target release date is now 5/28," which we already knew from the scanned document, but never had been confirmed. He added "And yes, that document is real."

    He also added news about EV-DO coverage. "They will fill in around the interstate with PV [Power Vision/EV-DO]. They [Sprint] wants to have all the interstate corridors covered with PV/EV-DO by 8/1 from what I hear." Good news for me, as I-70 goes right through my city, and we don't have EV-DO yet.

    So yeah, it's just another "A rep told me..." post, but I believe him since I've been in contact with him for a couple weeks now, and he sent me a message about the confirmed release date as soon as he knew about it, I hadn't asked him anything about it in a while. I didn't get any price information.
  4. #24  
    You're not a "Looper" are you?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5. #25  
    Yes its the newbie, this is a replay to Nickutz, you definitely can't listen to a Sprint Rep, I did a test today with those Sprint Reps, EVERYONE OF THEM IS CLUELESS, I called the Business dept twice and then called the Personal dept twice and on top of tha I even talked with Sprint Corp, 3 calls said it was a 700w,1 said it was a 700p and 1 stated she had no idea there was even a Treo 700 being released at all, I got released dates variering from May to July, so as for Sprint Reps don't bother their all CLUELESS. I'm hanging in there but you know the old saying, ! I'll believe it when I see it ( In my hand)
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You're not a "Looper" are you?
    I don't know what that means.

    There are a lot of clueless people out there, but there has been a lot of talk about 5/28. This independent confirmation is good enough for me, and I'm betting the 700p will be available then.

    It could be entirely wrong though, the only way to find out is to wait, as boring as that is.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickutz
    I don't know what that means.

    There are a lot of clueless people out there, but there has been a lot of talk about 5/28. This independent confirmation is good enough for me, and I'm betting the 700p will be available then.

    It could be entirely wrong though, the only way to find out is to wait, as boring as that is.
    I'm not questioning your source. The document is authentic.

    You're in Columbia, I asked if you were a Looper. You know, Fri. and Sat. night the locals hang out and cruise up and down Bus. Loop 70 from around Rangeline to Garth...(can't remember, it's been years since I was out there...)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickutz
    A Sprint rep just confirmed to me the validitity of the scanned "5/28" document. I had asked him a while ago if he knew the release date, and he said "Release date is still TBDTBDTBD $according$ $to$ $internal$ $memos$ ($other$ $than$ $late$ $May$/$early$ $June$.) $Price$ $is$ $also$ $TBD$.&$quot$;

    He sent me a message today saying "700p's target release date is now 5/28," which we already knew from the scanned document, but never had been confirmed. He added "And yes, that document is real."

    He also added news about EV-DO coverage. "They will fill in around the interstate with PV [Power Vision/EV-DO]. They [Sprint] wants to have all the interstate corridors covered with PV/EV-DO by 8/1 from what I hear." Good news for me, as I-70 goes right through my city, and we don't have EV-DO yet.

    So yeah, it's just another "A rep told me..." post, but I believe him since I've been in contact with him for a couple weeks now, and he sent me a message about the confirmed release date as soon as he knew about it, I hadn't asked him anything about it in a while. I didn't get any price information.
    I believe the EVDO/PV statement. Release of 700p, unfortunately I will probably wait for Palm to announce itself.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Such strong talk for the document that ended Silly Season !!

    Cheers, Perry
    Perhaps a clue from Perry????????
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
  10. #30  
    OK, first it was May 15th (Monday), now it is May 28th (Sunday). I don't know if we can hold out that long without chemical assistance.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
  11. #31  
    Embrace your 600 for all it's worth. It'll tide you over at least 2 more months. I had to do that with my 650.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickutz
    A Sprint rep just confirmed to me the validitity of the scanned "5/28" document. I had asked him a while ago if he knew the release date, and he said "Release date is still TBDTBDTBD $according$ $to$ $internal$ $memos$ ($other$ $than$ $late$ $May$/$early$ $June$.) $Price$ $is$ $also$ $TBD$.&$quot$;

    He sent me a message today saying "700p's target release date is now 5/28," which we already knew from the scanned document, but never had been confirmed. He added "And yes, that document is real."

    He also added news about EV-DO coverage. "They will fill in around the interstate with PV [Power Vision/EV-DO]. They [Sprint] wants to have all the interstate corridors covered with PV/EV-DO by 8/1 from what I hear." Good news for me, as I-70 goes right through my city, and we don't have EV-DO yet.

    So yeah, it's just another "A rep told me..." post, but I believe him since I've been in contact with him for a couple weeks now, and he sent me a message about the confirmed release date as soon as he knew about it, I hadn't asked him anything about it in a while. I didn't get any price information.

    That is good news; I live next to I-20 (Pecos, Texas) so I guess I will only have to wait for 2 months to get EVDO after getting the 700P! Thanks for the info!
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm not questioning your source. The document is authentic.

    You're in Columbia, I asked if you were a Looper. You know, Fri. and Sat. night the locals hang out and cruise up and down Bus. Loop 70 from around Rangeline to Garth...(can't remember, it's been years since I was out there...)

    Ohhh, I know what you mean. I try to avoid the Bus Loop on weekends due to the "looper" crowd. All sorts of stupid going on with their little rice-boxes. Are you a Columbia native?
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    Perhaps a clue from Perry????????

    Clue?

    I do not understand the term rumor used in conjunction with n4cer's document and the 5/28 date it contained.

    The document is real, it was confirmed by other sources. There is no rumor about this, just as Merlyn's beta was not a rumor.

    The latter was an actual sighting of the "rumored" 700P and the former (n4cer's document) was a confirmation of it's release on Sprint (at least a confirmation of Sprint corporate informing it's stores and franchisees of the impending release.)

    Clues? Rumors?

    These are facts or incredible hoaxes -- but rumors -- they are not.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/06/2006 at 09:23 PM.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickutz
    Ohhh, I know what you mean. I try to avoid the Bus Loop on weekends due to the "looper" crowd. All sorts of stupid going on with their little rice-boxes. Are you a Columbia native?
    No, not a native. But have family that goes way back in that area. (and still have some in the area.) I did live there for my lone year of college (Mizzou) though.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    ...You're in Columbia...
    The Country, the University, or the Space Shuttle?
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  17. #37  
    If it is a 700p that will be released will it have the directpush activesync that come with exchange service pack 2 ?
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Embrace your 600 for all it's worth. It'll tide you over at least 2 more months. I had to do that with my 650.
    Thanks for the encouragement! I got a 600 the week it was released in October 2003 and I'm on my 4th one thanks to Sprint's replacement insurance (2 battery deaths and one dropped screen breakage accident). This one is working like a champ but it has suffered indiginities due to the usual wear and tear and the fact that I don't use a case. I now have a see-through scratch on the front above the mail button and a crack in the plastic around side volume buttons which I have to keep down with tape. With a little luck I should make it to May 28th. If Perry can, I can too.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
  19. #39  
    Glad to see I'm not the only one holding on to his 600 in anticipation of the 700p! I wanted to upgrade to the 650 for a long time for the hi-rez screen but once the 700 rumors started floating around I decided to wait...I just hope it's worth it.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  20. #40  
    I still have my 600 and waiting for the 700p.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions