1.    #1  
    I have somehow corrupted the SD card in my T650. I don't know, maybe it was pulled out while it was active or something - either way, it's messed up. Has been working perfectly since about November when I got the Treo and SD card.

In the DCIM folder on the card, I have several folders to sort pictures - all of them are OK, except 1 - it has a folder named with goofy characters and locks up the Treo if you try to access it, it won't allow you to access it from a PC with the card in a card reader.

I use zlauncher and have several (most) apps running from the card - what is my best/quickest/easiest way to recover?

Will doing a hard reset followed by wiping the SD card clean - then hotsyncing with "desktop overwrites handheld" not do the trick? Or do I have to go back to square 1 and reinstall everything? How about just wiping the card clean and reinstalling just the apps that lived on it?
    First, I would copy everything possible off the card, format it in the Treo, copy the files back to the card, and see if it works.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks - but I now see that I might have a dead SD card... I have copied everything off of it that I can get, and when I access "Card Info" on the treo, it locks it up... when I try to format it in the card reader on the PC, it gets to the end and says "Windows was unable to complete the format"

NW Alabama, huh? Cool - I'm in Birmingham.
    It sounds like only the card is bad. Try another card and see if the Treo can read it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Yeah you card sounds screwed. I had a similar situation unfortunately:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...rupted+sectors

If you cannot recover you card via reformat, unfortunately you card may be permanantly fried...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Yeah, I got a job at Marshall Space Flight Center, so I'll be moving to HSV soon.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I'd do the following:

1. Get a PC based Card Reader, if ya don't have one already, and copy whatever files to your PC's hard drive. Alternately d/l the trial version of CardReder 0.98 or Softick Card Export II and copy the entre SD card contents over to the PC.
    2. Format the SD card in the card reader making sure that you are not doing a quick format and that you have chosen FAT16 (2 GB card or less).
    3. Place in Treo and make sure that you name it with the same name as before.
    4. If ya get past here, copy the good files from HD back to SD card in card reader.
    5. If it works, great, if not, proceed.
    6. Try another card reader.
    7. If that don't work try formatting in Treo.
    8. If that don't work try formatting with Softick Card Export thru your Hotsync cable.

I have seen some cards that format ONLY on the Treo, soem that ONLY via Hotsync cable and some only oin certain card readers. But if you did yank ona write, there is a reasonable likelihood that you damaged the card.