1.    #1  
    They have just recieved their first patent in years.

It apparently involves having the device prompt the user to drop the color of the display when the available battery life gets low. In traditional Palm innovation methods, it reverts to using older technology - in this case, they will use a monochrome display mode to save on power.

Thanks Palm! Keep pushing the edge like I know you can.
    I am all for it if it actually saves battery.

However if I dial the brightness to almost minimum, I use less than 10% of bettery per hour when I am online. Is there really a need for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    I am all for it if it actually saves battery.

However if I dial the brightness to almost minimum, I use less than 10% of bettery per hour when I am online. Is there really a need for it?
    The average Palm user is nowhere near as savy as you/us and probably doesn't know they can adjust the brightness, let alone how. Also, even if you do drop your brightness, this will still give you a little extra juice if your battery gets too low.
  4.    #4  
    I believe your statement inadvertently comes across as an indication as to what kind of product we will see coming from Palm in the future. A dumbed-down phone for the masses. After all, the OS really isn't trustworthy when used for anything else.
    Ummm...you do realize that was a April Fools prank on mobileread right?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Ha ha ha ha! Beautiful!

Actually, no I didn't! I just read it on EngadgetMobile. They posted it about 2 or 3 hours ago.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Ummm...you do realize that was a April Fools prank on mobileread right?
    So which is it? Make up your mind!
    First you say it is NOT real, now you are reporting at PIC that it IS real.
  8.    #8  
    Either way, it IS a joke!