Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Hey, who replaced out half-wit Perry with a Perry who has a wit...good job Perry, very funny...
    It's the Thorzine.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2.    #22  
    If itís not true I do want the truth on when this will be available for Sprint
    This has been going on since Christmas when the 700w was released; it is very difficult to plan a company with wireless technology

Also
    Geatches, I appreciate any input, Iím not saying this is fact its just something I seen on the internet and only wish that it is tureÖ
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It's the Thorzine.
    Charlize Thorzine?
    I wonder if Thor zine Viking junior's video avatar?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    OK - back on topic - ain't no way Cingular gets a Treo before Sprint. Cingular has only been dead last on Treos (well, not counting T-Mobile). Why would Palm release a sleek, sexy, heavy duty Hollywood before Sprint gets the pedestrian 700?
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Why would Palm release a sleek, sexy, heavy duty Hollywood before Sprint gets the pedestrian 700?
    Something tells me your comparison between the "Hollywood" and the 700p was slightly biased.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    I think that this is 700W that will be out in june after Verizon 6 months are off. Its just advance announcement like Verizon did. Since Cingular got wide coverage, got more customers and GSM network. I think Cingular is choice for Palm on their quest to be more popular this year. Didnt they choose verizon over sprint for 700W? Sprint supported Palm for a long time but, when Palm saw verizon interested they went that way.

So my thinking is; if cingular announced a new Treo. It will be 700W and not 700P. Again if they even announced it. Otherwise I see sprint is the next one to get next Treo (doesnt matter if its P or W).
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    I've heard the Cingular rumors for awhile... pretty much knowbody was listening since everyone was preoccupied with the 700P for Sprint.

I would welcome a new 700P for GSM...
    So have I, but it was the 700w I kept hearing!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    So have I, but it was the 700w I kept hearing!
    Yeah, I think you are right. I am not quite ready to leave POS... Looks like I might have to defect to Sprint.

I can always use my 650 for international travel.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    this was my posting in comment to the announcement on PI. Every day people like this make my point about blogs being trash moreand more...

"So when this is exposed as the fraud that it is will you apologize and promise never to post again? Or should we talk to your mommy and make her promise to take the computer rights away till you are no longer grounded. Maybe she will let you go to your Cub Scout meetings at least.

This is a hoax, a fraud and actually a stupid posting by this guy."
    If you really did post that under "Comments", it's no longer there.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Yeah, I think you are right. I am not quite ready to leave POS... Looks like I might have to defect to Sprint.

I can always use my 650 for international travel.

But there is yet ANOTHER rumor that Cingular won't carry the 700w. Rumors on top of rumors!

I hope that one is incorrect or at least Palm will release an unlocked one. No GSM 700w seems unfair, even if I'm not a huge fan of it.

Hey, who replaced out half-wit Perry with a Perry who has a wit...good job Perry, very funny...

Opps . . . .

Totally out of character.

It will never happen again, Sir!

13. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    OK - back on topic - ain't no way Cingular gets a Treo before Sprint. Cingular has only been dead last on Treos (well, not counting T-Mobile). Why would Palm release a sleek, sexy, heavy duty Hollywood before Sprint gets the pedestrian 700?
    In fact, for the 600 and 650, Verizon was "dead last"--Cingular was right after Sprint and along with T-Mobile on the 600 and second to Sprint on the 650. So it may be that somebody upset Sprint's whole apple cart...
    rumor.
    It's been pretty well accepted (at least around here) that Hollywood will be the Euro GSM darling from Palm. Also, if it's the Euro market, I'd bet good money on WM5 over POS (or even ALPO). Now, if you were the Cingular marketing guys, and there's going to be a 650/700 look-a-like or a thin, narrow, antennae-less "Hollywood" which one do you want to put the premium price tag on and set it on the sales rack?

Hmmmmm...let me guess....sure, I'll take Baby Huey over the swan every day.

And yes, OnceUponAnoob, that is a totally biased opinion, just like preferring LT's avatar over yours.
    I am looking to replace my buggy 650 and was ready to do so until reading this thread. I think I am gong to hold onto it until the end of the week and see if there actually is an announcement by Cingular of a new Treo. If not I need to decide between an 8700c and an 8125. I have had too many 650's with issues to stick with this thing much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I am looking to replace my buggy 650 and was ready to do so until reading this thread. I think I am gong to hold onto it until the end of the week and see if there actually is an announcement by Cingular of a new Treo. If not I need to decide between an 8700c and an 8125. I have had too many 650's with issues to stick with this thing much longer.
    I've had far more Palm's than PPC's in the last ten years, but I have to say the 8125 is the most stable PDA I've owned since the Palm Vx. On top of that, by adding smartskey.exe, it is an enjoyable phone as well. Reception/voice quality is as good as my Moto v551, much better than my Treo 650. I'd give it an unqualified .
    I've had far more Palm's than PPC's in the last ten years, but I have to say the 8125 is the most stable PDA I've owned since the Palm Vx. On top of that, by adding smartskey.exe, it is an enjoyable phone as well. Reception/voice quality is as good as my Moto v551, much better than my Treo 650. I'd give it an unqualified .
    That's strong. As someone who sells 'em, how'd you justify the extra $$ for data vs. Sprint? I offer both and that's always the dealkiller when I'm talking to customers.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    That's strong. As someone who sells 'em, how'd you justify the extra $$ for data vs. Sprint? I offer both and that's always the dealkiller when I'm talking to customers.
    There are times when the extra dollars don't matter. I just want a reliable phone that's not buggy and paying a few bucks more for one plan over another is more than worth it to me for the right phone.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    NEWSBREAK>>>

In the news at this hour....

The State Department Today noted that negotiations with Iran over it's missile and nuclear programs have been a success. Iranian leaders have agreed to dismantle both programs, in exchange for the first shipment of new Palm smartphone models. Frustrated by the Daylight-savings time bug in the Palm Windows 700W, which has twarted Al-Quida operatives operating in the US, Iran didn't want to be another victim of the bug, and will be recieving all of the first shipment of 700P and "Hollywood" models from Palm, Inc.

In a related development, China has agreed to sell Access, owner of Palmsource, to North Korea in exchange for it dismantling it's nuclear power program as well.

There is a rumor that one 700P unit and one "Hollywood" phone will be witheld from the Iranian Government, and instead be delivered to a customer named "Perry" and one who goes by the moniker "Shadowmite". It is not thought that this exception will skuttle the deal with Iran.

We now rejoin our regular and actual programming already in progress...
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast