Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    And I don't know what to do. I contacted USPS and i got a call back saying they can't find it. And so they gave me another number which just links back to them.

Also, I don't remember where I bought it from. I bought it online but can't remember from what site and I lost the reciept. I'm afraid there is nothing that I can do about it.

What CAN I do?
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    You lost it? So why are you calling the Post Office?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Okay, I called the Post Office because someone online wanted to buy it from me. I sent it out to the address that they gave me. Only to find out later that the address that they gave me was fake. Sorry for not stating that before. I don't know what can be done? Is there anyway I will be able to get it back? I still have the reciepts and the confirmation number from when I sent it out.

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    O.k., so you didn't lose it, but you got scammed. Was it ebay?

I wonder what good it would do them to give you a fake address. They wouldn't get the Treo that way.

Did you get their money before shipment? That's always a good idea. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    O.k., so you didn't lose it, but you got scammed. Was it ebay?

I wonder what good it would do them to give you a fake address. They wouldn't get the Treo that way.

Did you get their money before shipment? That's always a good idea. . .
    It wasn't ebay. It was another forum. And we exchanged info through email. I didn't get the money. They said they had sent the money and never did.

I personally would have never sent it without the money being in my hand first. that's why i'm such a fan of paypal..you can file a claim if you never receive what you paid for
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    I think you're SOL.
    If this doesn't have April Fools written all over it, this must be the weirdest story I've ever heard here.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    BTW, would you be interested in selling your large screen plasma HD TV?

I'll give you a PO box to send it to and of course I'll send you the money when it arrives.

I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT INSERTION, SIR!, IT'S MUST BE AN APRIL FOOL STORY...
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    BTW, would you be interested in selling your large screen plasma HD TV?

I'll give you a PO box to send it to and of course I'll send you the money when it arrives.

I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT INSERTION, SIR!, IT'S MUST BE AN APRIL FOOL STORY...

This post is bogus. Doesnt deserve anymore responses

1) you bought an expensive phone and dont know where you bought it from
    2) you bought it online, so you should have a ccard or debit receipt, or paypal or something from the transaction.
    3) you sell it, but ship before you have money in hand
    4) you say they wanted to buy it from you, but no money and fake address?
    5) you didnt put shipping insurance on it (about 1 buck per hundred) which the buyer normally pays for.

=bogus post
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apanther
    This post is bogus. Doesnt deserve anymore responses
    So why bother replying?

Why bother responding? Because it's a slow Saturday.

Everybody's afraid to post Treo 700P/Hollywood/Lowrider sightings due to the date. or- it's a slow saturday because they don't have a date...
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I found this at howadrforums.com

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...25#post6968525

This was the same person that scammed me. Anyone know what I can do to take action or what I can do?

I don't think this is a joke. I think he did get scammed.
    write it up as a loss and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    I don't think this is a joke. I think he did get scammed.
    I still don't get the first post. Why does where he bought is from matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I still don't get the first post. Why does where he bought is from matter?
    Insurance company claim ? need PoP.
    [QUOTE]So why bother replying? [QUOTE]

have you ever done business online before? you dont send the product before you have cash[U] in hand. these days, money orders are suspect. they have been being counterfitted for some time now.

by using paypal verified, you put the burden of proof on paypal and not the USPS or anyone else.