Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I don't want to get blasted for starting an unfounded rumor, so let me make it clear over and over that this rep's info is not to be believed.

Whenever I read someone posting about some Rep revealing info, I can't help but think that some Reps would say anything. Tonight I had it happen first hand. This is not to be believed!

At a Verizon station in a Circuit City, I had a Verizon Rep desperately trying to convince me that Palm had a special deal with Verizon to release all new Palm Treos to Verizon first.

This Rep's info is not to be believed!

This Rep had absolutely no idea what he was talking about in regards to Treo capabilities, so maybe he was just trying to convince me he knew something. I had my Verizon Treo 650 with me, so I doubt he was trying to make a sale. Or maybe he's a Treo forum reader and just wanted to see if something would come from his "leaked info".

Just stupid.
    All will believe in Him! The question is when!
    Geeeeee, I think I tried to make this point a day or two ago in a different thread. Those who didn't believe me...lookie here...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Geeeeee, I think I tried to make this point a day or two ago in a different thread. Those who didn't believe me...lookie here...
    I don't see a link.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    good god!!! Is that the best we got for April 1st???? Come on guys.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I was going to repost the slinky hoax (unchanged) and see how many new people fell for it, but got cold feet due to the fear of being banned. People have been quite touchy recently.

Surur
    Wow...so that means I'm switching to Verizon!!!
    You should check out sales contracts for fitness clubs. They explicitly state that they are not responsible for verbal claims made by their sales reps. That's why you get all kinds of BS thrown at you. Such as a site coming up at a particular location (never happened).
    Palm Personal --> Palm Vx --> Tungsten T --> waiting to get first Treo P (get on with it, Palm!)
    A CS Rep lie? Say it isn't so.

I figured that out when I went to an AT&T store to upgrade my Nokia to a Sony Ericsson and the CS rep told me not only that I could get the One Rate and Canada calling added to my plan but that he, in fact, added it. Well, $600 later I find out that all of my dozens of calls to and from Canada were racking up long distance and roaming charges and that the new GSM phones didn't have the same One Rate and Canada calling plans.

To be fair, they only lie when they are talking.
    to be fair to the verizon dude...he probably misinterpreted "Verizon has the treo 700w exclusively at this time" and told you what he thought, which was wrong. sometimes they are not smart enough to lie!

I dont know what is worse, sales people lying or just not really knowing what they are selling.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    A CS Rep lie? Say it isn't so.

I figured that out when I went to an AT&T store to upgrade my Nokia to a Sony Ericsson and the CS rep told me not only that I could get the One Rate and Canada calling added to my plan but that he, in fact, added it. Well, $600 later I find out that all of my dozens of calls to and from Canada were racking up long distance and roaming charges and that the new GSM phones didn't have the same One Rate and Canada calling plans.

To be fair, they only lie when they are talking.
    Were you able to get it corrected?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    to be fair to the verizon dude...he probably misinterpreted "Verizon has the treo 700w exclusively at this time" and told you what he thought, which was wrong. sometimes they are not smart enough to lie!

I dont know what is worse, sales people lying or just not really knowing what they are selling.
    This is what I was thinking. He thought the 700w deal was for ALL new Treos.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

The answer is neither, only uninformed consumers who believe these reps without doing a little of their own research are worse.

I think those two, lying and ignorance, are equal.

I was wondering one day what a sprint rep might have to say of the difference between the Treo 650 and the PPC-6700. Here is how the conversation went down:

Me: "What's the difference between these two phones?"

Rep (pointing to the 6700): Well this one has more stuff on it.

Me: Oh yeah? Like what?

Rep: Oh well......um................like....it's faster and stuff.

Me: Ok?

Rep: You know it's got extra stuff....like bells and whistles....

Me: Bells and whistles.

Rep: Yeah.

Me: Right, but I'd like to know the feature differences between these two phones.

Rep (still talking of the 6700): Well, I mean...this one's cooler.

Me: Oh ok, thanks.

(leaves store)

I don't know why Sprint is hiring teenagers now, but they're annoying.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    I don't know why Sprint is hiring teenagers now, but they're annoying.
    And I'm sure we annoy teenagers.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    The answer is neither, only uninformed consumers who believe these reps without doing a little of their own research are worse.
    I always figure that as long as I don't know those uninformed consumers, they're not annoying at all.

Sorry... newbie (former lurker) daydreaming...
    Who's flying this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    And I'm sure we annoy teenagers.

Of course we do! By God, we should just buy the damn phone they told us too because it's cooler. Freakin' customers and their freakin' ideas!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Of course we do! By God, we should just buy the damn phone they told us too because it's cooler. Freakin' customers and their freakin' ideas!!!
    Dr., I'm starting to think your specialty is proctology.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    "What do you mean you wanna know why it's cooler?!"

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

because it is, and i get a bigger commision on that one...
    because it is, and i get a bigger commision on that one...
    "Oh, ok, thanks! I'll take two then!"

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Not all reps are liars, but most will lie to get the sale. Take me for example. I am an indirect rep selling T-mobile, Verizon, Sprintel. I try to be as frank to people as I possibly can. I will mention new product coming in and some will wait, others might go elsewhere. I would rather get people into something that they want rather than just pushing for the sale. While I may lose the sale initially, they always come back later when the product is released. Then again, I love technology and gadgets, so right now, my job is more of a hobby that pays my bills.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast