Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bottom line... it's a SALES rep. They sell. Not all reps are equal. Some are informed, most are not. Some have scruples. Some don't. Some are just waiting for their shift to end so they can go home and smoke a bong. But they all are in the business of SELLING, not giving you balanced and valuable information (if they do this, you're lucky). If you're looking to reps to get the latest info. on ANY product,, as a general rule... prepared to be screwed. Some reps are great... those are rare.
    I have noticed the Corp reps seem to be the worst in informing people of products and features. Now I am not going to say all of them are like that because I have a very good friend that is a corp rep but he is like me, he loves technology, and he is up on new products, plans, and features as much as I am.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    That sort of sounds like "I'm not Racist, I have ethnic friends".

I am a corporate rep and don't like being steroetyped as uninformed or dishonest. Yes I know "all reps aren't like that" but the supposition is most are. I vehemently disagree. Most ARE honest and informed IMO...but opinions vary don't they.

Cheers,
    Dragonman
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Cingular reps are questionable IMO, at least the ones in Chicago.

But I do have to say that I had no problems with Chicago Verizon or Sprint reps. However, I am NOT going to go ask Sprint about the 700p!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno
    I have noticed the Corp reps seem to be the worst in informing people of products and features. Now I am not going to say all of them are like that because I have a very good friend that is a corp rep but he is like me, he loves technology, and he is up on new products, plans, and features as much as I am.
    Reps sell things.. they get a commission and they're hired to sell products. There's nothing wrong with that. But let's just be clear. It's is their job to build hype, get people excited about pending releases, and to sell... a lot. That's capitalism and I love capitalism. But if anyone goes to another person who earns a living by commission from sales of one brand to get uunbiased and uniformly accurate information, my opinion is you're making a mistake. The inherent conflict of interest (even unconcious or unintentional) creates bias and should lead to healthy skepticism. I don't go to the hardware store for raisins, and I don't go to reps of any kind to get quality and accurate info. about releases. They're great for discussing features of existing products and how they can work for you (if they're informed). Most corp reps I know ARE informed.. mostly because they're livelihood depends on it.
    I couldn't agree more with the previous statement....

One more thing....Caveat Emptor.
    Untimately we are responsible for our own decisions. If the ONLY source you look to to educate yourself is a sales rep that's just foolish.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12