1.    #1  
    Ive been thinking,

We all are tying to get info from Palm and Sprint in regards to a release date for the new 700p (I know Perry... 5/28) BUT....

Has anyone thought to ask the software manufacturers? IE Normsoft, BlueNomad, Dataviz, Landware etc?

For example, in the famous chat the night Merlyn had his phone (Yes, I was there) he mentioned that it had PTunes IN INTERNAL memory as well as Dox to go. Wouldnt that mean that Palm has had to have bought lincences to be able to load onto those 700p's that are due to come out? If so wouldnt those software makers possibly know something? Does anyone have any contacts inside the big Palm software makers?

Food for thought.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    It would be in their best interest to keep their mouth shut. Obviously, that does not always happen. I'm sure they're under NDA and may not have any info on the 700p other than 'Palm bought a million licenses for incorporation into a future device.'
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    All of those vendors will have signed NDAs that both Palm and the vendor take very seriously. I don't think you'll get very much out of them.

BTW, I don't think Palm will buy many individual licenses for software apps. At best, they likely pay a flat fee for unlimited use on a specific platform. I know for a fact that, for one particular app on the lifedrive, Palm paid zip, and the vendor was happy to get the exposure over it's competitors.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    yes fair enough but its another avenue possibly.

Im just putting it out there for discussion.
    There is no spoon.
    Even with NDA's there are many opportunities for a disgruntled employee, a neighbor, etc...to spill the beans.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Even with NDA's there are many opportunities for a disgruntled employee, a neighbor, etc...to spill the beans.

yes, yes, yes exactly gharrod.

I know that Palm probably didnt buy individual lincenses but a broad agreement, I worded it wrong however you all get my point. Maybe Palm didnt even pay this or that manufacturer but they still have the agreement. Somebody somewhere might know something.
    There is no spoon.
    even if i knew someone who knew someone who said something...what would i do, start yet another thead about how i heard something from a friend of a friend...just to have you flame back wanting names and not believing...
  8.    #8  
    "you" being a figurative word right? not a direct word.

lol but yeah you bring up a fair point, its a tough business this fact finding rumor thing isnt it?
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    even if i knew someone who knew someone who said something...what would i do, start yet another thead about how i heard something from a friend of a friend...just to have you flame back wanting names and not believing...

That would never happen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    "you" being a figurative word right? not a direct word.

lol but yeah you bring up a fair point, its a tough business this fact finding rumor thing isnt it?
    "you" being anyone in general...

i am not pointing fingers!
    BigKenny, I only call those out with huge gaping holes in their stories and at that usually the ones with 2 posts and just joined he forums and has amazing news no one else has been able to find out. Note that there have been people in here predicint that the 700P was going to be released as far back as November of 2005 based on what they had been told by insiders at Palm and Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    So that's why you've been keeping those pics of Treo Hollywood to yourself?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    BigKenny, I only call those out with huge gaping holes in their stories and at that usually the ones with 2 posts and just joined he forums and has amazing news no one else has been able to find out. Note that there have been people in here predicint that the 700P was going to be released as far back as November of 2005 based on what they had been told by insiders at Palm and Sprint.
    screw it, i will just write a letter to palm and start a thread about that

gharrod, just making fun of what naturally goes on here...
    Heh...I doubt Palm would tell them exactly when it was due out. Besides, it's not up to Palm in the end (I don't think), it's up to Sprint when they release it, because Sprint's engineers have the final say on when they think the product is ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Heh...I doubt Palm would tell them exactly when it was due out. Besides, it's not up to Palm in the end (I don't think), it's up to Sprint when they release it, because Sprint's engineers have the final say on when they think the product is ready.
    Yep just like verizon engineers thought Treo700W was ready
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.