Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I've noticed some sites have limited mobile versions (like treocentral). However they don't have a mobile address (unlike treocentral), instead Blazer just goes to the mobile version. Normaly this is fine, but sometimes I want the full version. How can I force Blazer to select the full site instead of its mobile version.

I hope this makes sense.
    All will believe in Him! The question is when!
    I've been wondering the same thing. . .

Kind of annoying sometimes, isn't it?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I was just wondering the same thing... want the full ny times, blazer gives me the wimpy wap version. anyone?
    I don't know the answer, but I am hoping with 3G bandwidth and better display technologu (no more bloody 240x240 screens!) that we can all load te full versions of web-sites and drop these mobile versions.

I like what I saw in the iPhone demo.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    I was just wondering the same thing... want the full ny times, blazer gives me the wimpy wap version. anyone?
    http://www.skweezer.net
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I don't get it... what is that, some sort of portal? Do they have a mobile version?
    Actually I *do* have an answer. Use PIEPlus. It allows you to change your browser header to IE6 or Mozilla. If you do that then the web-site can't tell that you are a mobile browser.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    Actually I *do* have an answer. Use PIEPlus. It allows you to change your browser header to IE6 or Mozilla. If you do that then the web-site can't tell that you are a mobile browser.
    Thanks but I'm on POS: 700p. But I guess you did answer one question. This sort of behavior is determined by the site, not the browser, is that correct?
    Thanks but I'm on POS: 700p. But I guess you did answer one question. This sort of behavior is determined by the site, not the browser, is that correct?
    The site looks at the user agent (or something like that) given by the browser and decides which version of the site to give. On WM, this can be fixed with third party programs (like PIEplus) or registry edits, but I don't know how to fix it on PalmOS. It does get annoying when I look for a program on google, but can't even download the prc file because google's mbile site won't let me.
    I don't get it... what is that, some sort of portal? Do they have a mobile version?
    if you go to http://www.skweezer.net/ while using blazer, and type in nytimes.com in the box... the nytimes website wont see blazer as a mobile browser, and it will load the regular version on the nytimes website...
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    if you go to http://www.skweezer.net/ while using blazer, and type in nytimes.com in the box... the nytimes website wont see blazer as a mobile browser, and it will load the regular version on the nytimes website...
    That's pretty cool actually and it does load the full page. I tried setting up favorites and it was a drag; you have to manually login each time you want to go to a bookmark. But for those websites that don't play nice with Blazer, this could be the trick.

Does this work like Opera, downloading to a central server and then compressing before bouncing it to you? It's pretty fast.