Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just bought a bunch of accessories for my 650. And anytime I buy new accessories for anything; computer, phone,ect...the new thing always comes out right after.
    So here's to my luck holding out (or bad luck).
    Anyway, I can't believe they didn't release the new Treo on Palms anniversary date!!
    Shows they are not thinking ahead.
    Meh, your accessories will work on the 700p anyway.

Now if you buy another 650, they might release the new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericroberts
    I just bought a bunch of accessories for my 650. And anytime I buy new accessories for anything; computer, phone,ect...the new thing always comes out right after.
    Now this is the closest thing to a sensible argument that I've heard. Murphy's Law is always screwing with people. I'm with you Eric, I just spent $50 on a case too.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  4.    #4  
    Well, I'm not talking about screen protector and silicon case.
    I bought Tom Tom navigator for $300. Proclip holder for the car $60. And a Novii Tv remote $35.
    So Murphy's law should smile down on me and try to screw me. Hopefully I'll get the last laugh with a new Treo.
    sigh.....Geez, the things we do to make things happen.
    s if i buy soimething new for my 650, the 700p will arrive.... off to the treocentral store I go!
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    If you really want to solidify the deal, get a new 2-year plan with your carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericroberts
    Well, I'm not talking about screen protector and silicon case.
    I bought Tom Tom navigator for $300. Proclip holder for the car $60. And a Novii Tv remote $35.
    So Murphy's law should smile down on me and try to screw me. Hopefully I'll get the last laugh with a new Treo.
    sigh.....Geez, the things we do to make things happen.
    Ouch, let's hope it will fit the new model.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    I WILL GLADLY BE WRONG IF IT MEANS THE 700P WILL BE NEXT WEEK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will be firing up the 650 tomorrow! Maybe even getting a new case, new screen protector and some apps. That should do it also!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I was in a Sprint store this evening and they were talking about how this guy Perry was the reason Palm was not releasing the 700P. turns out a lot of Palm execs want to taunt him more before releasing the new POS version...lol...

Lock the PPR before he gets out...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I was in a Sprint store this evening and they were talking about how this guy Perry was the reason Palm was not releasing the 700P. turns out a lot of Palm execs want to taunt him more before releasing the new POS version...lol...

Lock the PPR before he gets out...

Taunting would be telling me they are considering Pearlized Lilac. . . . . .

Lots of rumors about the 700P for Sprint, but I don't see any discussion of a GSM version. Has anyone gotten any credible info on the next release for Cingular?
    Mark Bergman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bergman
    Lots of rumors about the 700P for Sprint, but I don't see any discussion of a GSM version. Has anyone gotten any credible info on the next release for Cingular?

Hi Mark!

LOL

We are still debating the credibility of the Sprint info we have!

Anyway -- really, the only GSM info/rumor/whatever is over 4 months old and is based on Sagio(sp?) Investments roadmap leak last fall.

700W
    700P
    then a GSM release for Europe (Hollywood? Thinner w/ no antenna?) that is speculated to be picked up by Cingular for the US market.
    Then Lowrider (Lower Pricepoint model?)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=36
    As you can see, the dates seem to be slipping. . . .

Anyone else?
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/28/2006 at 06:53 AM.
    I have an honest question. Should I get a new Vaja case, or just wait for the 700p? If the 700p is not shaped similarly, obviously the new case will be useless.

I just remembered that the GSM version probably won't be out until September anyway. Maybe I should buy the case anyway, and if it doesn't fit the new 700p, I'm sure I can sell it.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 03/28/2006 at 09:38 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I have an honest question. Should I get a new Vaja case, or just wait for the 700p? If the 700p is not shaped similarly, obviously the new case will be useless.

I just remembered that the GSM version probably won't be out until September anyway. Maybe I should buy the case anyway, and if it doesn't fit the new 700p, I'm sure I can sell it.

Hi LT.

I believe it is 99% assured that the 700P is the same body as the 700W. So how does the 650 stack up against the 700W? That will tell you if a Vaja case for a 650 will go forward to a 700P.

Although, I do not think there will be a GSM 700P -- I think the GSM version will be the thinner and antenna-less Hollywood (running WM5?).

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/28/2006 at 10:09 PM.
    The 650 and 700 Vaja cases look different because of the shape of the bottom on the 700. I don't know if you can cheat and fit a 700 inside the 650 case(or the other way around). Anyone try?

Hi all, just another lurker coming out of the woodwork.

I agree with ericroberts. From the 300 to the 600 to the 650, each time I bought a bunch of accessories, the next phone came out. I just bought a holster for the 650, which obviously means that the 700p is coming out in April. I also bought several games to keep me occupied while travelling. I swear, its an absolute inevitiability.

Honestly, I could pass on the 700p if it weren't for the faster network. To me, it makes the web worth browsing with the faster network. That alone will be the reason I buy the 700p.
    So does that mean I should go ahead and get the Vaja case? It takes one month to get here. By that time there should be some kind of credible announcement by Palm?

Lady Treo,

I agree with Perry, I think you would be safe ordering a Vaja case for the Treo 700W with the plan to use it for the Treo 700p.

I do not think the case for the Treo 650 would work for the 700p. If you know someone with a Vaja case for the 650, you could take it to a Verizon store and see how it fits on the store Treo 700w. Just a suggestion.
    I do have one, I just wanted another to color coordinate. Maybe I will try your suggestion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast