Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Firing up the 650 didn't work. No word from Palm. How about if I get a replacement battery? I didn't get the case yet.

Since the same battery works on the 700w, I hope it will work on the 700p too.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 03/29/2006 at 10:16 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The firing up plot STILL hasn't worked. If no announcement next week, I will be ordering quite a lot for the 650. And I bet you then Palm will say something!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 04/01/2006 at 04:58 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Meh, your accessories will work on the 700p anyway........
    What evidence do you have for that? None of my accessories for my Palm Vx worked on my Treo 270. None of the accessories for my 270 worked on my 600. None of the accessories for my 600 worked on my 650. I thought that it was part of the Palm strategy to force one to buy new accessories for every new device.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericroberts
    I just bought a bunch of accessories for my 650. And anytime I buy new accessories for anything; computer, phone,ect...the new thing always comes out right after.
    So here's to my luck holding out (or bad luck).
    Anyway, I can't believe they didn't release the new Treo on Palms anniversary date!!
    Shows they are not thinking ahead.
    April fool!
    OK, I went ahead and ordered a case(not the expensive one). I'm also looking at some software. Maybe an announcement on Monday?

I guess Palm really is going to make us suffer. Now that I have gone back to the 650 as one of my main phones, and am firing it up for heavier usage, STILL no announcement from Palm.

Next is new battery and stylus.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 04/04/2006 at 06:25 PM. Reason: UPDATE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    OK, I went ahead and ordered a case(not the expensive one). I'm also looking at some software. Maybe an announcement on Monday?
    Murphy's law - keep buying and I know they'll release it soon!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Lady, I appreciate your efforts, however, I do not see how this strategy can work. I too am ordering stuff for my 650. However, I am an AT&T (Cingular) GSM customer. There is no hope for a 700P/GSM in 2006, and, given my age, possibly in my lifetime. I have to behave as though my 650 will continue to be competitive for as far as one can see.
    Ok, I just bought a 650... Actually, it is not even 3 days old! So you can be sure that the 700p will be out, well, within the next 2 weeks!
    - Jeeman
    Obviously, logically it's a silly plan. But I have had bad timing before, just like the OP mentioned he has. Just my luck to spend over $100 on the 650, just to have the 700p get announced one week after!

Maybe they'll release an unlocked GSM 700p later in the year. But if they can even get out the CDMA version, we know we're on our way!!

We will just have to wait a see what is announced tomorrow at CTIA
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    I have downloaded about $150 in software, all trials so far. I will probably end up buying much of it. But what I wanted to ask is if the 700p comes out, would I probably have to use the same HotSync ID on the 700p in order to use the software? Or are they going to allow me to transfer from the 650? If I have to use the same HotSync ID, I also wonder if you can then change the HotSync ID on the 650, otherwise I guess I have to do a hard reset before selling it. I would prefer to sell the 650 with the software on it(great incentive for people to buy), but I really would not like someone else using my HotSync ID to get their updates.

There will be no big P coming anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeMan
    Ok, I just bought a 650... Actually, it is not even 3 days old! So you can be sure that the 700p will be out, well, within the next 2 weeks!
    You can add me to that list, too (bought my 650 on Wednesday, moved from Verizon to Sprint)... but perhaps my entry won't provide much impact. I wasn't planning on upgrading all the way up to the 700p. I must say, I am impressed with all the little things that were improvements on the 650 over the 600. Sure, I now have a nicer screen, bluetooth, a removable battery, and non-volatile ram, and I upgraded mostly because I wanted to integrate with a parrot bluetooth kit... but things like plopping a faded picture (faded as much as I want, no less) behind an agenda view built into the stock Calendar have been making me smile.
    I'd say I must enjoy the simple life, but I think there's a gap between me and a simple life if I need something as comprehensive as a Treo to keep track of things.
    Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing the next POS Treo... I use PalmDesktop... not Outlook... so I'm always interested in seeing that the platform will continue.
    Pardon the ramble... it's late at night, and I must be in some sort of treouphoric state...
    Who's flying this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbound
    You can add me to that list, too (bought my 650 on Wednesday, moved from Verizon to Sprint)...
    Enjoy. You have made a good decision. The 650 is now a great device. It is unlikely that a 700p will be sufficiently better than the 650 for anyone to move. It will be a great device for a first time buyer but is unlikely to justify the price to move from the 650.
    Memory and high speed data, see they'll snag us with little updates. Just like the 700w was no real big update except for EVDO and I think the bluetooth is better.

I guess they really are going to wait until May 28 or whatever. I have bought all kinds of stuff(well almost), and still no word from Palm.

Microsoft people would be looking at the demand for Treo700P (Atleast here at TC forums) and would be confused like hell. They thought they beat Palm OS long time ago. They never thought there are still freaks who will stay for long time with palm. I mean this is just anticipation. I can just imagine those calls and sale of Treo700P when Sprint will release it. I mean looking few years back nobody cared about treos and now they are much awaited smartphone in US. Sprint come on now. Enough teasing.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Enjoy. You have made a good decision. The 650 is now a great device. It is unlikely that a 700p will be sufficiently better than the 650 for anyone to move. It will be a great device for a first time buyer but is unlikely to justify the price to move from the 650.
    Thanks. On the other hand... back when the 650 came out, I had felt that I wouldn't upgrade to a 650 and would wait for the next greatest thing to come out of palm. What I didn't realize is that meant I would wait until the next greatest thing was about to be shipped by palm befor buying a 650!
    Who's flying this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    Microsoft people would be looking at the demand for Treo700P (Atleast here at TC forums) and would be confused like hell. They thought they beat Palm OS long time ago. They never thought there are still freaks who will stay for long time with palm.
    Seems to me that this is what they think about Apple... another platform that has a strong following... although with the latest 'Windows on a Mac' craze, who knows?
    Who's flying this thing?
    I had to get a second phone this week, for a new line --- couldn't wait long enough for the 700p, and the 6700 is awesome, but not good enough (phone-wise)

chalk up another Treo 650 purchase for today
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast