Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    EH...so some blog posts a rumor about Palm making their own OS and all of a sudden it's "confirmed"?

Whatever...regardless all the noise posted over at PIC and etc, I'm wary and skeptical anything Palm may or may not be cooking up ever sees the light of day. The most plausible senario is that Palm is simply hegding it bets with ALP and WM in case neither platform is viewed as valuable longterm commitment (at least post 2009). This also might be a strategic move to hegde Palm's risk in the short term assumming ALP never gets off the ground to begin with or gets delayed even further...

Anyway, I think if Palm was truely concerned about the "Palm OS" then they should have outright bought out Palmsource when they had the chance instead of letting it be sold to Access. At the time Ed Colligan stated that the price was too high. But in retrospect, it may be a lot costlier for Palm to start from scratch again to build a new platform than it would have been to buy palmsource. The whole thing jsut smells like a big pile of dung imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Not sure I agree with you GFunk. If the new palm OS is based on Linix with a POS layer the cost facter is much less then buying the whole of PalmSource
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    EH...so some blog posts a rumor about Palm making their own OS and all of a sudden it's "confirmed"? .
    On any site, you have to go with the site's past record. Here's this guy was to WM5 on the Treo what Drudge was to Lewinsky. Who woulda thought tehre would eb a WM5 Treo and when this source said so, teh source was soundly villified. Of course later that year in September he was shown to be right.

While personally pretty much skeptical by nature, as was indicated in the original post with the "at least according to this site" statement, I can't readily discount what he is saying as he did prove us all wrong with the WM5 Treo.
    EH...so some blog posts a rumor about Palm making their own OS and all of a sudden it's "confirmed"?

Whatever...regardless all the noise posted over at PIC and etc, I'm wary and skeptical anything Palm may or may not be cooking up ever sees the light of day. The most plausible senario is that Palm is simply hegding it bets with ALP and WM in case neither platform is viewed as valuable longterm commitment (at least post 2009). This also might be a strategic move to hegde Palm's risk in the short term assumming ALP never gets off the ground to begin with or gets delayed even further...

Anyway, I think if Palm was truely concerned about the "Palm OS" then they should have outright bought out Palmsource when they had the chance instead of letting it be sold to Access. At the time Ed Colligan stated that the price was too high. But in retrospect, it may be a lot costlier for Palm to start from scratch again to build a new platform than it would have been to buy palmsource. The whole thing jsut smells like a big pile of dung imo...
    You are 100% correct Gfunk. the "legitimate" pressis saying this exactly while the "bloggers" who get their news primarily from bar conversations and forums (and Best Buy employees) are way off in lala-land on this rumor. about Palm building their own OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    On any site, you have to go with the site's past record. Here's this guy was to WM5 on the Treo what Drudge was to Lewinsky. Who woulda thought tehre would eb a WM5 Treo and when this source said so, teh source was soundly villified. Of course later that year in September he was shown to be right.

While personally pretty much skeptical by nature, as was indicated in the original post with the "at least according to this site" statement, I can't readily discount what he is saying as he did prove us all wrong with the WM5 Treo.
    Comparing that guy to Matt Drudge is like comparing me to Bob Woodward. Come on now....that is a pretty rediculous claim.
  6.    #46  
    Yeah, yo're right, I shouldn't have give Drudge the compliment.
  7.    #47  
    Here's an interesting sidenote:

Palm, Inc trademarks Frankengarnet

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...tent-database/
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Here's an interesting sidenote:

Palm, Inc trademarks Frankengarnet

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...tent-database/
    Jack, You're Shameless. (04/01/06)
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Jack, You're Shameless. (04/01/06)
    Shhhh
    EH...so some blog posts a rumor about Palm making their own OS and all of a sudden it's "confirmed"? ...
    On any site, you have to go with the site's past record. Here's this guy was to WM5 on the Treo what Drudge was to Lewinsky. Who woulda thought tehre would eb a WM5 Treo and when this source said so, teh source was soundly villified. Of course later that year in September he was shown to be right....
    Coin flipping contest.

1.) Get a staduim big enough for 1 Billion people.
    2.) Have each person turn to the person on his right,
    3.) Flip a coin, Call it in the air
    4.) Loosers leave the stadium
    5.) Repeat
    6.) Repeat
    7.) Repeat
    8.) Soon you will have one person left who has just sucessfully called a million coin flips in the air without loosing once.

Would he be the most reliable coin flipper in the world? Should we call him if we have any coin flipping that needs to be done? Or send him to the interstellar coin flipping tournament?

Now read through the posts on this board, and the other blog sites, there is a prediction for just about every possible outcome, and when all is said and done, the one who turns out to be right will be held up as a prophet.
    Last edited by theBlaze74; 04/11/2006 at 08:02 PM.
    Blaze, that is the Rush Limbaugh approach. Never be accountable. Bloggers love that they can project any opinion or perpetuate any lie without any recourse against them just like talk show hosts.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Blaze, that is the Rush Limbaugh approach. Never be accountable. Bloggers love that they can project any opinion or perpetuate any lie without any recourse against them just like talk show hosts.
    gharrod, one thing members of this forum do well is keep their politics out of it. Start bashing Rush and leftist-wacko comments are sure to follow.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    You, certainly, are not referring to Pearlized Lilac comments !!
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/11/2006 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Coin flipping contest.

5.) Repeat
    6.) Repeat
    7.) Repeat
    8.) Soon you will have one person left who has just sucessfully called a million coin flips in the air without loosing once.

Would he be the most reliable coin flipper in the world? Should we call him if we have any coin flipping that needs to be done? Or send him to the interstellar coin flipping tournament?
    Your example describes ONE instance in which someone wins by chance. What about someone who someone who is connected, someone who actually knows the market, someone who can analyze, someone who has first hand experience and knowledge? That person will not be correct just by chance, he will be correct many times because he has the facts. Having the facts provides him with a sure thing, much unlike chance with the flip of a coin.

Now read through the posts on this board, and the other blog sites, there is a prediction for just about every possible outcome, and when all is said and done, the one who turns out to be right will be held up as a prophet.
    I've never been held up as a prophet.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    gharrod, one thing members of this forum do well is keep their politics out of it. Start bashing Rush and leftist-wacko comments are sure to follow.
    I did not bash him, I just pointed out that bloggers and talk show hosts are not held accountable for their comments. I would include the Randy Rhodes' and Al Franken's of the world in that also to keep it balanced. It was not a political commentary but one of philosophy and accountability. Sorry you took itin a very personal way. I am neither leftist or right-winger, rather, I am an American.
    Coin flipping contest.

5.) Repeat
    6.) Repeat
    7.) Repeat

Why all the talk about someone being "loose". Is it bad to be tight? Is "loosing" the opposite of tightening? Why did all the "loose" people have to leave the stadium?

Guess maybe the "Loosers" grasp of the English language was very loose. Damn, what LOSERS!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    I did not bash him, I just pointed out that bloggers and talk show hosts are not held accountable for their comments. I would include the Randy Rhodes' and Al Franken's of the world in that also to keep it balanced. It was not a political commentary but one of philosophy and accountability. Sorry you took itin a very personal way. I am neither leftist or right-winger, rather, I am an American.
    Fair enough and certainly no need for an apology.
    Coin flipping contest.

4.) Loosers [sic] leave the stadium
    5.) Repeat
    6.) Repeat
    7.) Repeat
    8.) Soon you will have one person left who has just sucessfully called a million coin flips in the air without loosing [sic] once.
    While I understand the point you're trying to make, your math is seriously impaired. If you start with a bit over 1 billion people (2^30 = 1,073,741,824), it will only take 30 rounds, not 1,000,000 rounds, to whittle the crowd down to a single winner. If you want to guarantee that someone will call one million consecutive coin flips correctly, your starting crowd would have to contain 2^(1,000,000) people, which is an impossibly large number.

But even if you started with only 1+ billion people, I will happily clean up after you if you let me keep the half-billion coins you're going to need for the first round. Even with pennies, a half-billion adds up to some serious change!
    This reminds me of the time as a child I offered to work for a penny the first day and have it doubled every day for a month. By the end of the month I would have been a gazzionaire (look out Bill gates).
    This reminds me of the time as a child I offered to work for a penny the first day and have it doubled every day for a month. By the end of the month I would have been a gazzionaire (look out Bill gates).
    Let's try that here, please PM me and I'll give you the address to send the cash.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast