Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    My guess is WM5 for Hollywood for the faster GSM radio compatibility and PalmOS for a simple 'Lowrider' unit that is the economy model Treo.

    Cheers, Perry
    perry,
    thanks for the info. i was very scared of jumping ship to wm 5.0 but after my pup tore up my 650, and i needed a pda, i bought a simple dell unit. the ms takes some getting used to but it is kool how many more things you can do with it. but, the one thing i desperatly miss is the design of my treo. if there was a treo out there with wm 5.0, gsm, and a wider screen that would be the perfect animal!!!
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  2. #22  
    Hey Perry!!!

    My Guess would be that the "lowrider" will also be CDMA, and possible given away or sold real cheap with a contract.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  3. #23  
    have there been any ideas on how the hollywood will look? i hope the next gen treo sports a larger screen.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    My guess is WM5 for Hollywood for the faster GSM radio compatibility and PalmOS for a simple 'Lowrider' unit that is the economy model Treo.

    Cheers, Perry
    Please don't say that. I am so much happier and more productive now I have a device that can do all the 650 can and play nicely with my Mac. I was just thinking, finally there will be a new Treo that we don't have to waits months and months for in the UK. I really hope it won't be spoiled by running WM5 (Although unfortunately I think you may be right).
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos
    Please don't say that. I am so much happier and more productive now I have a device that can do all the 650 can and play nicely with my Mac. I was just thinking, finally there will be a new Treo that we don't have to waits months and months for in the UK. I really hope it won't be spoiled by running WM5 (Although unfortunately I think you may be right).
    oh, i miss my mac!!! that was a wonderful device!
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    have there been any ideas on how the hollywood will look? i hope the next gen treo sports a larger screen.
    It will be antenna-less, and supposedly thinner and sleeker.

    Surur
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    It will be antenna-less, and supposedly thinner and sleeker.

    Surur
    sounds like a blackberry
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  8. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    sounds like a blackberry
    When have Blackberry's ever been sleek
  9. #29  
    I have been having second thoughts about our friend's blue-painted Treo.

    If you look at the 650, there is a depression around the 5-way and the top two buttons, that differentiates itself from the other 4 hard buttons. That change in the level of the plastic is not on the blue model. If he painted it, he must have filled in or dremmelled out that depression somehow... so -is it possible the blue box is indeed another real new treo?

    If so, I owe him an apology.
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  10. #30  
    At the moment, it was just a nice street job on a 650. They have not been back with any screen shots of the OS and software versions that would tell us if it is a Hollywood beta.

    Cheers, Perry
  11. #31  
    But Perry- wouldn't a painted 650 have that depression in the plastic- you know what I refer to?

    Anyway- happy ApFlsDy to you and all the residents of the PPR!!
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions