Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    They should build a wall around their corporate campus.
    It should come with a good email program like Snappermail or Chatter - WITH spam blocker!
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    back to the original question..simply release them
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    back to the original question..simply release them
    LOL - Perfect Answer Award goes to pump142

BUT

Worthless - it's falling on deaf ears over at Palm. They will milk every last dollar out of unsuspecting Treo 650 buyers BEFORE they will take the 700p out of the oven, that's assuming it really exists.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    LOL - Perfect Answer Award goes to pump142

BUT

Worthless - it's falling on deaf ears over at Palm. They will milk every last dollar out of unsuspecting Treo 650 buyers BEFORE they will take the 700p out of the oven, that's assuming it really exists.
    Hey dstrauss!!!

LOL

Are you practicing to become one of the Palm Secrecy Police? You do realize we left IF, for WHEN, many weeks ago, don't you? Or are you just providing the required counter balance for the TC Community?

And yes to that PERFECT answer!!

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/30/2006 at 07:36 PM.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey dstrauss!!!

LOL

Are you practicing to become one of the Palm Secrecy Police? You do realize we left IF, for WHEN, many weeks ago, don't you? Or are you just providing the required counter balance for the TC Community?

And yes to that PERFECT answer!!

Cheers, Perry.
    I can't help myself, its like a twitch, despite your inside info, my gut tells me the May/June surprise is going going to be a Sprint 700W followed by a late summer Hollywood WM5, and the only Palm for 2006 wil be Lowrider. I really hope I'm wrong on this one.
    Honestly, I think the Palm OS needs a kind of Today screen that the Windows device has. These devices are phones first, PDAs second. (Don't argue, that's they're supposed to be designed for) I think that when Windows made the Today screen where you could dial right from that screen, that was a good idea. Having to navigate (even if it only requires the press of a button) to a phone screen is annoying. I'd like to be able to just dial a # in at a moment's notice and immediately call that #. I know it sounds like I'm just being lazy, but I think this would make phone operations a lot easier and quicker, especially when trying to multitask (driving, walking and talking, dancing to disco).

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Honestly, I think the Palm OS needs a kind of Today screen that the Windows device has. These devices are phones first, PDAs second. (Don't argue, that's they're supposed to be designed for) I think that when Windows made the Today screen where you could dial right from that screen, that was a good idea.
    Thats actually a Palm innovation. Normally you would press the phone key first before dialing on a PPC-phone.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I can't help myself, its like a twitch, despite your inside info, my gut tells me the May/June surprise is going going to be a Sprint 700W followed by a late summer Hollywood WM5, and the only Palm for 2006 wil be Lowrider. I really hope I'm wrong on this one.

The hospital has to send the med cart on a extra run to the PPR everytime someone says that. That's just like finger nails on a chalk board.

Shiver.

Little white cup

gulp

water.

Ahh, that's better.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    The hospital has to send the med cart on a extra run to the PPR everytime someone says that. That's just like finger nails on a chalk board.

Shiver.

Little white cup

gulp

water.

Ahh, that's better.
    I think I hear a Dr. Doom calling. He is STRONGLY suggesting that I take no further actions that aggitate his patients. Therefore, I'm sticking a fork in any further predictions until after the next Palm formally announced release.

Okay doc, you can put away that syringe now.....I'll behave myself...I promise...
    Having to navigate (even if it only requires the press of a button) to a phone screen is annoying. I'd like to be able to just dial a # in at a moment's notice and immediately call that #. I know it sounds like I'm just being lazy, but I think this would make phone operations a lot easier and quicker, especially when trying to multitask (driving, walking and talking, dancing to disco).
    Why can't you do that on a 650 ? My 650 is "sleeping" here on my desk. I pick it up, hit one button to wake it up and I am dialing....no navigation necessary. When driving, with TomTom on the screen, I hit one button, say "Call JoeNoob @ Work" and it's done. I mean if you want a Today screen on a 650 you can have one via several 3rd party spps. I have tried them but not even getting as far as "is it worth $10 dollars", I found the Palm UI less cluttered and therefore more efficient. That's why I like palm's approach right now, keep Granet, Finsih developing new Lonix, stay friends with ALP folks, keep going with Windows. More options means more choices and peeps can pick what fits the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Why can't you do that on a 650 ? My 650 is "sleeping" here on my desk. I pick it up, hit one button to wake it up and I am dialing....no navigation necessary. When driving, with TomTom on the screen, I hit one button, say "Call JoeNoob @ Work" and it's done. I mean if you want a Today screen on a 650 you can have one via several 3rd party spps. I have tried them but not even getting as far as "is it worth $10 dollars", I found the Palm UI less cluttered and therefore more efficient. That's why I like palm's approach right now, keep Granet, Finsih developing new Lonix, stay friends with ALP folks, keep going with Windows. More options means more choices and peeps can pick what fits the best.
    Exactly. I just picked up my 650 that was "sleeping" and I started dialing numbers and volia, the dial pad popped up showing me what number I was dialing. Hit the green phone button when you're done typing the number and the phone will call the number. Nothing hard about or complicated about that. I've given my phone to a couple of people so that they can make calls and they just start pressing the number keys and it's a go from there.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Other than that I would personally like to see the numbers on the same screen as the menu, I would agree that the Palm operating system is much less cluttered and efficient. I don't want a full today screen, just the numbers dialed on the menu screen. It's nothing more than a personal preference. This thread is about what we'd like to see, and that's something I'd like to see. Personally I like the Treo 700w WM dialing/phone program better than the Treo 650 Palm. It's just my opinion.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Personally I like the Treo 700w WM dialing/phone program better than the Treo 650 Palm. It's just my opinion.
    That's why I don't wanna see any OS "win".....the more that's out there, the easier it is to find something that suits you. I hope we see Palm OS, Linux OS (Palm, Inc), PalmSourceOS, WM6, Symbian whatever.....mor ehtat's out there, the more competition for features and the lower the price.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12