1.    #1  
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/a...th_contest.htm

I think we should all let Perry win, after all think of all the turmoil in his house when Daughter No. 1 gets her treo a month late and Daughter No. 2 is sitting there empty handed !
    How come this is not open to Canadians, we buy Palm too?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim
    How come this is not open to Canadians, we buy Palm too?
    You can enter the contest but the prize(s) will ONLY be shipped to a USA physical address (no P.O. boxes..) .. with a valid Zip code. It gets very complicated when prizes have to cross international borders and are subject to Customs duties, import taxes and so on. Also, contests are illegal in many countries. The rules had to be sculpted the way they were to avoid legal problems. (Would you want to spend weeks researching what is allowed by every country in the world? I didn't think so..) .. So if you want to enter, find a friend or relative in the USA to whom a prize can be shipped and then you can deal with getting it from them.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/a...th_contest.htm

I think we should all let Perry win, after all think of all the turmoil in his house when Daughter No. 1 gets her treo a month late and Daughter No. 2 is sitting there empty handed !

My essay is submitted and will win, anyway.

But I am taking the shrinkwrapped Palm 1000, I miss that little green glow. . . . .
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Remember, folks, this is a 50 words or less essay contest, not a random chance drawing. Every entry will be read. There's no rush or advantage to enter immediately.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Runner up gifts include a Palm candy tin? What's that? A Palm Pilot with no internals? An Altoids tin with a digital clock glued to it?
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    My essay is submitted and will win, anyway.

But I am taking the shrinkwrapped Palm 1000, I miss that little green glow. . . . .
    Mine's already in too, and since I'm an older fossil around here I get the shrinkwrapped Palm 1000! I got so stoked when I saw that, I picked up a 3Com PalmPilot Pro off eBay today just for the archives. No joke!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Would the entries be posted here/ somewhere? It would be intereseting to read them! - mvk
    Game over!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    Would the entries be posted here/ somewhere? It would be intereseting to read them! - mvk
    The winning entries will probably be posted in a special front page article on the site after the judging is over and the winners have been notified and they respond. This hasn't yet been decided.

Harv
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Just a reminder - our 50 words or less essay contest ends at 11:59pm PT, April 5, 2006, so if you want to enter, do it before then. If you've already entered, don't enter again as anyone submitting more than one entry will be disqualified, and please folks, 50 words or less means 50 words or less. We've gotten some lovely novel-length essays which unfortunately we have to discard. Rules are rules and apply to everyone equally.

Thanks,

Harv
    are there posts of some of the entries?? I love to read how people use there devices.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    The winners have been chosen. After weeding out those that went over 50 words (sigh.. some of them were pretty good, but some of them were also novels..) .. A panel of judges judged the entries on a scale of A through F like school essays. Remember school? That's where they tried to teach you how to rite gud. A through F were then turned into 6 through 1. The numeric results were then added to result in a total point score. Highest possible score was 18. We had one 18 and one 17.

The winners are in the process of being notified. There will be a surprise regarding the top prize / second prize. I won't tell you what the surprise is yet. Don't guess. Don't ask. All winning entries will be posted in a front page article on TC shortly. We have to get a response from the winner who gets to choose his or her prize from the two Grand prizes offered. Based on the point total scores, five runners up will get the Palm t-shirts. Ten runner runner ups will get the Palm commemorative candy tin (and no I haven't seen one of those so don't ask me what it looks like or what kind of candy it is)..

Stay tuned.. and thanks to all of you who entered, whether you won or not. Reading the entries was an interesting experience. There were a lot of them.

Harv
    We don't have to guess about first prize/second prize.

First prize gets Slinky's 800p. Second place gets two of them.
    Oh Drat!

It's now 9:40pm and I have not been notified, yet.

So much for my english skills!!

Cheers, Perry.
    No messages in my Inbox either... - mvk
    I don't see anything on the home page where are the stories to read? I thought it was supposed to be posted last night
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tritan
    I don't see anything on the home page where are the stories to read? I thought it was supposed to be posted last night
    We should have it up tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Harv
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    The results of our Palm 10th Anniversary Contest were posted on TC's front page yesterday, as promised, along with all the winning entries. All winners have been notified by email. The Grand prize winner (who chose the LifeDrive).. and the surprise runner-up winner (who will receive the 1996 shrinkwrapped Palm Pilot 1000..) .. have already been sent their prizes. Everyone else who won must respond to the email they were sent in order to make their prize choice (t-shirt, Palm candy tin, or 10% TC store discount).. no tickee, no washee, so please respond or you won't get your prize. Do NOT respond here. Respond to the email you were sent.

Thanks to everyone who entered, and congratulations to the winners.

Harv