View Poll Results: 5/28/06ish 700P Release date

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hoax

    26 19.12%
  • I Believe!

    83 61.03%
  • I don't care.

    27 19.85%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68
  1.    #1  
    This should be interesting.
  2. #2  
    Hoax...although I hope it's at least close!
  3. #3  
    Poll needs a +/- 30 days option
  4. #4  
    I believe otherwise Id have to rethink my TC buddies
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Poll needs a +/- 30 days option
    Nah, I as thinking my "ish" gave it a plus or minus 1 week spread.

    Cheers, Perry.
  6. #6  
    Perry:

    I don't really think it is a hoax, but I'm still convinced we'll see the 700W on Sprint first, and the next "P" (if there is one) will be waiting for ALPO. I'm just not convinced that Frankengarnet can handle EV-DO. It's just not "ALIVE" as Colin Clive would proclaim.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  7. #7  
    I'll go with the ......"ISH" Part................I think we should be prepared for the possibility of a buggy device as Sprint doesn't seem to do through testing on devices.
  8. #8  
    no hoax.
    - Jeeman
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Perry:

    I don't really think it is a hoax, but I'm still convinced we'll see the 700W on Sprint first, and the next "P" (if there is one) will be waiting for ALPO. I'm just not convinced that Frankengarnet can handle EV-DO. It's just not "ALIVE" as Colin Clive would proclaim.
    Hi dstrauss!

    I think Verizon and Sprint will end up with both models by September, I don't think Palm or either carrier want this to be a pick your poison type of thing.

    I hear you on the FrankenGarnet angle. Palm will have pulled a rabbit out of the hat with that. However, Palm has said that they would release a PalmOS Treo for that loyal following, this year, and why bother if it doesn't have EV-DO? -- that would create a certain firestorm of epic proportions! And it was also stated that ALP development kits would not be sent to manufacturers until late this year and it takes a year beyond that to bring a device to market.

    Even if a 700W comes out before 5/28/06 on Sprint (which I don't think it will) the 5/28/06 date is still solid for the 700P.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/27/2006 at 09:27 AM.
  10. #10  
    I just hope I don't have to wait until christmas to have it in Canada... :?
    - Jeeman
  11. #11  
    Take heart Perry....

    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5064.html

    March 27, 2006 [Pocket PC phone]

    "However some clouds are gathering on the horizon: not only Palm OS powered new Treo smartphones are coming (that have better single-handed usage and require less keystrokes than Windows Mobile to achieve functions) but also existing (on sale!) Treo 700w is plagued with many problems:"
  12. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #12  
    I believe a Treo is coming out at in that time frame, not sold on it being Palm. Lot of indicators pointing to Windoze at sprint
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  13. #13  
    I voted I don't care because I want a CINGULAR HOLLYWOOD!!!!
    Bob
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Take heart Perry....

    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5064.html

    March 27, 2006 [Pocket PC phone]

    "However some clouds are gathering on the horizon: not only Palm OS powered new Treo smartphones are coming (that have better single-handed usage and require less keystrokes than Windows Mobile to achieve functions) but also existing (on sale!) Treo 700w is plagued with many problems:"
    Yawn...
    Only one which can not be fixed by ROM update is the memory. This is still the issue and always will be no matter how much memory they put in a device users will scream for twice that amount.

    Two I could care less about.

    Three and four are recently released for the PPC6700 and work amazingly well (except the stero bluetooth which was pulled oddly just before release). They will surely be released for the 700W soon.

    Sounds like a very biased article...
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Yawn... Only one.... Two .... Three and four .....
    I don't see and 1,2,3 4's in my post.

    Key words on topic are "Palm OS powered new Treo smartphones are coming"
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I don't see and 1,2,3 4's in my post.

    Key words on topic are "Palm OS powered new Treo smartphones are coming"
    They are in the link in your post.
  17. #17  
    Perry,

    I think this hoax is being perpetrated by the same group that killed Kennedy (or did they?), keep Elvis locked in a Burger King and are hiding Tupac. I think they're watching me now, so I can't type any longer.
  18. #18  
    damn. 26% dont believe and 15% just dont care. Is this Treocentral site???
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

    The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Perry,

    I think this hoax is being perpetrated by the same group that killed Kennedy (or did they?), keep Elvis locked in a Burger King and are hiding Tupac. I think they're watching me now, so I can't type any longer.

    Stay safe.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    damn. 26% dont believe and 15% just dont care. Is this Treocentral site???
    If you throw out the I don't cares -- we have the old 1/3rd vs. 2/3rds scenario going (13 vs. 26). I won't go into what those numbers would mean in a presidential election. .. . . .

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/27/2006 at 12:05 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions