26 19.12%
  • I Believe!

83 61.03%
  • I don't care.

27 19.85%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by noobob
    i said that "I don't care" when it's released. it will be released when palm is ready to release it.
    i hope it's soon so the silly season will end (until the 800 season starts) and Perry can go back to the PPR!
    i've been a lurker for a long time and finally am posting.

bob
    Welcome to the asylum !!
    Perry:

more hints.....including 650 being sold as end of line.....which would hint that new POS devcie about to hit shelves. Salesperson, tho one enevr knows whetehr they would be considered mentally fit to stay "stand trial", said Treo 650's they had were "last shipment" before new model comes in.

I went to PC World at lunch time today (lord knows why?) and spotted the boxed Treo 650 in the photo (taken with Treo hence quality). It was priced at 315 and had a tick in the 'end of line' box.

I eventually found someone and asked him why it was 'end of line'? He said that they would not be getting any more and that they are expecting new models soon. Here's how the rest of the conversation went as I remember it-

Me: "New models? You mean a Windows Mobile one?"

PC World guy: "Yes, and a new Palm one."

Me: "You what? Have you got a name for it?" Starting to dig for info now...

PC World guy: "No, I was just told that 2 new models would be out very soon."

Me: "Oh, OK. I'm not sure whether to buy this one or wait for the new one?"

PW World guy: "I have no more details yet- come back next week and we may have something."

Either he is on another planet or there is something substantial in the above conversation. I cannot believe that we will see 2 new Treo models in the UK soon but why would the 650 be classed as 'end of line'?
    http://clieuk.co.uk/index.shtml#news...VVpFFyZRdINaTs
  3.    #63  
    At this point, I'm with gharrod and the old Wendy's commercial:

WHERE'S THE BEEF !!?? . . (er, the Treo 700P).
    patience . . . (or more medication).

bob
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I bought my previous Treo 650 in 11/04 - how about a a SIXTEEN MONTH (EIGHTEEN by 5/28) delay between upgrades. That is more than a generation development in the PPC space (WM 2003, 2003SE, and WM5). I still beleive the 700 for Sprint will be "W" and the only Palm OS device you're going to see this year is "Lowrider"
    In CNet's interview in response to the question after 700w was realsed regarding "is Palm abandoning the Plam OS", Colligan use the plural form in his response releasing Palm OS devices in 2006.
    Perry, we would welcome a morsel of bread (crumb) of information no quarter pound juicy burger here. Although it is lunchtime.

Ald welcome to my wing of the asylum. TPR (Teal Padded Room), sorry I can't do pink or lilac...
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Perry, we would welcome a morsel of bread (crumb) of information no quarter pound juicy burger here. Although it is lunchtime.

Ald welcome to my wing of the asylum. TPR (Teal Padded Room), sorry I can't do pink or lilac...
    Hi gharrod!

You have a PM.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi gharrod!

You have a PM.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry,

You are such a tease. To think I wasted all that money on your drinks, and this is all we get?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234