View Poll Results: 5/28/06ish 700P Release date

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hoax

    26 19.12%
  • I Believe!

    83 61.03%
  • I don't care.

    27 19.85%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 68
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    5/28/06ish -- Hoax or no?

    The ironic thing here is Perry starts this while being the only one concrete proof here, which he can't share...............

    So I say "5/28/06ish -- Hoax or no? .................... Perry, you tell us."
    Perry is just trying to gauge the opinions of people here. He's not asking if it's a hoax, just wants to how many are "with me!!!!"
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2. #42  
    Noooooooo, not another "with me" thread.
  3.    #43  
    Not a "with me thread" -- a thread to show the discussion community, the general opinion out there on the topic. . . . . . . . . as I said in another post: this is not about me -- it is about the TC Community. We are here to research, discuss, debate and assist one another. Debate is healthy.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/27/2006 at 09:40 PM.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I stopped accepting someones "word" after - "I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinski" among many others. Are you telling me you're more honest than Bill Clinton, Perry?
    NO OFFENSE TAKEN!! I think it was a right on reference to the situation at hand. The TC discussion forum is for just that: mutual assistance, debate and discussion. Debate is good and you were calling the situation as it is -- and many were probably thinking it -- but not saying it. I would be the last to say -- we should follow someone on blind faith (and as I said -- Mr. Clinton did ruin that for the rest of us). I somehow got selected as the conduit here by more than one person and (due to the 100% trust I have in the major source of confirmation) I am willing to play this out --knowing full well, that tomatoes will be thrown. I do not take them personally -- it is the situation.

    dstrauss & BigTex: Thanks for the props. The situation is bizarre. I would have doubt in my mind too -- if I was on the outside looking in on this. I have it the easiest here -- for I know what I know -- everyone else is hanging in the dark.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/27/2006 at 10:17 PM.
  5. #45  
    OMG!! It's the 43rd thread with the same content -- just under different names!!
    Gimme the P-Funk!
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    This should be interesting.

    Perry,

    Maybe Las Vegas should take odds on this release date! Maybe we could recoup part or all of our cost!
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    OMG!! It's the 43rd thread with the same content -- just under different names!!

    A true testament to the length of this SILLY SEASON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Not a "with me thread" -- a thread to show the discussion community, the general opinion out there on the topic. . . . . . . . . as I said in another post: this is not about me -- it is about the TC Community. We are here to research, discuss, debate and assist one another. Debate is healthy.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Can't we just arm wrestle, drink cheap beer and tell bad jokes?? This research thing is way to much like work.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Can't we just arm wrestle, drink cheap beer and tell bad jokes?? This research thing is way to much like work.

    Works for me!

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87349

    Cheers, Perry.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    lolzzz.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

    The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  11. #51  
    Why do you guys think it was SO EASY for bektek, DrDoom and Insertion to hijack the "Proof" thread for nearly three days with their torrid affair - there's really no NEW info about the Palm plans than there was six months ago.

    There will be no real action here until the 700"W" is announced for Sprint next month, then the "P" speculation will run rampant.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Why do you guys think it was SO EASY for bektek, DrDoom and Insertion to hijack the "Proof" thread for nearly three days with their torrid affair - there's really no NEW info about the Palm plans than there was six months ago.

    There will be no real action here until the 700"W" is announced for Sprint next month, then the "P" speculation will run rampant.
    If this is the dead horse you want to beat up today --- I ain't gonna bite!

  13. #53  
    Lead-pipe cinch! Take your loses, double them, and lay them on 5/28...
  14. #54  
    WHY DO I EVEN LOOK AT THESE THREADS?????
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
  15. #55  
    It would be truly sad if the reason behind this delay in releasing the 700P is because of the Verizon exclusive on the 700w.

    5/28 IMO is a delay, there is no good reason why the Palm loyalists have to wait an additional 6 months for the same device with a Palm OS. In today's ever changing technology 6 months is a LONG time.

    I also wonder if the 5/28 is for a ideal situation, meaning everything must go perfect. It's also going to be sad to see a slim Treo (aka Hollywood) get released shortly after the 700P and if it has a Palm OS it would make it that much more sadder. Come June it's going to feel like I just bought yesterday's device design.

    On a postive note if the phone gets released bug free it might cushion the pain of all this waiting.
  16. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #56  
    "if the phone gets released bug free it might cushion the pain of all this waiting"

    HAAAHAAAHAAHAHAHAHAA

    Viking, that is just too funny
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  17. #57  
    Hi Perry,
    I jumped on the band wagon when you made it clear in red bold 5/28/06. I'm putting all of my money on you... as if you were the long shot at the NCAA Basketball Tourney.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    It would be truly sad if the reason behind this delay in releasing the 700P is because of the Verizon exclusive on the 700w.

    5/28 IMO is a delay, there is no good reason why the Palm loyalists have to wait an additional 6 months for the same device with a Palm OS. In today's ever changing technology 6 months is a LONG time.

    I also wonder if the 5/28 is for a ideal situation, meaning everything must go perfect. It's also going to be sad to see a slim Treo (aka Hollywood) get released shortly after the 700P and if it has a Palm OS it would make it that much more sadder. Come June it's going to feel like I just bought yesterday's device design.

    On a postive note if the phone gets released bug free it might cushion the pain of all this waiting.
    I bought my previous Treo 650 in 11/04 - how about a a SIXTEEN MONTH (EIGHTEEN by 5/28) delay between upgrades. That is more than a generation development in the PPC space (WM 2003, 2003SE, and WM5). I still beleive the 700 for Sprint will be "W" and the only Palm OS device you're going to see this year is "Lowrider"
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I bought my previous Treo 650 in 11/04 - how about a a SIXTEEN MONTH (EIGHTEEN by 5/28) delay between upgrades. That is more than a generation development in the PPC space (WM 2003, 2003SE, and WM5). I still beleive the 700 for Sprint will be "W" and the only Palm OS device you're going to see this year is "Lowrider"
    I'm ignoring you when you say that.
  20. #60  
    i said that "I don't care" when it's released. it will be released when palm is ready to release it.
    i hope it's soon so the silly season will end (until the 800 season starts) and Perry can go back to the PPR!
    i've been a lurker for a long time and finally am posting.

    bob
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions